VOGONS

Common searches

What's everyone up to on this Friday Night?

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Mike 01Hawk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hey guys, anyone up to playing some old school games tonight or ???

Sadly I didn't have any time tonight to play PC games. Did the whole bowling league thing... man my average sucks, I'm a 120 and from tonights games I highly doubt it'll be going up 🤣 🙁

Came back to the house to watch the local HS alma mater (sp?) duke it out w/ their rivals (HS Football is BIG in Oklahoma). Yeah, we won 😁

Yeah, so.. gonna surf a few more then call it a night.

Dell Optiplex Gxpro: Built solely so I could re-live my SB16 days properly with newly acquired sound pieces: MT-32, SCB-55, and DB50xg 😀

Reply 3 of 7, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Multiplayer old school games? Makes me wonder: what's the earliest game that includes multiplayer? I guess it's not something can be done easily in DOS, and chances the only protocol supported is IPX.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 4 of 7, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Old school multiplayer gaming for me would be difficult. That would involve purchasing a Data General MV/10000 with AOS/VS as the operating system and 2 or more Dasher DG210 terminals.

Then I would need to find a version of Conquest and install that.

Oh yeah - and build a new room for the computer and the cooling equipment.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 5 of 7, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
MiniMax wrote:

Old school multiplayer gaming for me would be difficult. That would involve purchasing a Data General MV/10000 with AOS/VS as the operating system and 2 or more Dasher DG210 terminals.

A what?

Reply 6 of 7, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
REUTERS wrote:

Published: January 29, 1985

The Data General Corporation said it had introduced a new high- end superminicomputer, the Eclipse MV/10000 SX, which can process 3.6 million instructions a second. The company said pricing starts at $223,000 for the processor, four megabytes of memory and system software. The new system increases performance about 30 percent, Data General said.

Edit: I couldn't find a picture of the MV/10000, but this one of the MV/20000 is quite similar. The main difference between the 10K and the 20K is that the 20K supports 2 CPU's.

MV_20000.jpg

The last MV's I had the pleasure of working with was a couple of MV/40000's. These babies allowed you to hot-plug and unplug almost everything, include the CPU's while the system was running.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions