VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by pinkhitcher

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, anybody remember the Sir-Tech text game Usurper:Mines of Qyntarr? At the beginning, I'm supposed to light a lantern with a lighter I found among some pine needles in a cave mouth but it tells me that the lighter is out. Is this right? And when I try to light the lighter it says that I need to light the lighter with something. Is this right? Anybody have a walkthru for this game anywhere? Thanks.

Reply 1 of 6, by pinkhitcher

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, anybody have a Usurper MOQ walkthrough? I have one but it is hardly any help to me at all. I can't find a ruby in an anthill room, a mallet in a sporting goods store and I can't approach the queen in the chess room to get an onyx king. Any help? Thanks.

Reply 5 of 6, by pinkhitcher

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Has anybody played this game all the way through? If so, was the large ruby hidden in the anthill and if so, how did you get it? Also, how did you get the croquet mallet out of the sporting goods store? And how did you get the Onyx King away from the white queen in the Chess Room? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply 6 of 6, by Canalboy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
pinkhitcher wrote on 2007-01-13, 00:50:

Has anybody played this game all the way through? If so, was the large ruby hidden in the anthill and if so, how did you get it? Also, how did you get the croquet mallet out of the sporting goods store? And how did you get the Onyx King away from the white queen in the Chess Room? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello there

I am currently on 155 points out of 500 in this game ; I can confirm that the ruby is not hidden in the anthill but is

Spoiler

in the Cloudy Hall which you can find past the Chess Board

Spoiler

. I have not come across a croquet mallet anywhere yet and the only items I can find in the Sporting Goods store are the snowshoes. To bypass the chess room "SAY CHECKMATE" and the onyx king will appear./details]

This game gets tougher as you go along. I have dound that you have to LOOK WALLS in some places to see things not in the room descriptions necessarily, which is particularly annoying as in some places it will mention that there is writing on the wall in the room description.

I am still stuck in a number of places with an old boiler / bank vault / bird cage / anthill / wine puddle / snakes / I could go on!

Regards

C