Rank Newbie
Rank

Here's the entire text of a private message I got in this forum system:

===
From Miss Rita Damian
Abidjan,Cote d'ivoire
West Africa

Dear,
In confidence,I have to introduce myself for I am Miss Rita Damian, the only child of late Chief and George Damian, I wish to request for your assistance in my efforts to procure the transfer of my inherited funds for investment ventures Overseas.
I have Seven Million Dollars ($7,000,000.00) here in my name with one of the prime banks here and I will require your assistance in receiving the transfer of the funds in your local account for investment purposes. As it is my desire to come over to your country to further my education while you take care of the investment of the money.I will be glad to give you 15% of the total sum for your co-operation.
I will be very appreciative if you can return to me with urgent dispatch to enable me advise you on the modalities.
I await in anticipation to receive your immediate response.
My Kind Regards!
Miss Rita Damian rita_damian10@yahoo.com

Can't say I've ever received this scam via a forum before.

Reply 4 of 12, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Huh? What are you trying to tell us? I don't get it. Just delete those spam messages. 😕

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 5 of 12, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

He means that he got the scam per pm and not per mail. I think it's good of him to report pm abuse here.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 6 of 12, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I would assume that whoever sent the PM in the first place either:
Created an account for that very purpose, or
Has a program/trojan/virus on his system that sends these things without his knowledge, or
His account/computer has been hacked

Reply 8 of 12, by Thanny

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Qbix wrote:

which user send the pm ?

User 11312

What's really odd is that there's a non-machine-readable code you have to enter before registering, so this was a real person creating the account.

And why me? Is there perhaps a list of recently registered users which she sent the spam to?

Reply 9 of 12, by dh4rm4

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah Rita4u sent the same to me as well. Intertestly enough, my firewall also reported an intrusion attempt from a Nigerian domain within the last hour or so - it failed obviously. The two may be unrelated issues though. It's just interesting because that's the first time I've ever received this kind of spam.