VOGONS

Common searches

Some retro games on eBay if anyone's interested (Hexen, Ultima Underworld, etc.)

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm selling some of my old games -- I'd like them to be appreciated and to go to a good retro gamers home, hence posting here:

Ultima Underworld
Lands of Lore 2
Tomb Raider 3
Doom 2 (Big Box)
Heavy Gear
Star Wars Rebel Assault 2
Redneck Rampage
Populous: The beginning
Hexen 2
Hexen deathkings of the Dark Citadel
Hexen

Reply 7 of 24, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

It's a bit of a standard "should have played on Dos" list. Only played 8 of them and only finished two (UW and Rebel Assault 2). Good luck in getting a good price for them 😀

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 10 of 24, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hexen 2
Hexen deathkings of the Dark Citadel
Hexen
Redneck Rampage
Heavy Gear
Doom 2 (Big Box)

-----

these games i have played and all (except maybe heavy gear 1) are great games which i strongly recommend. anyone that says otherwise needs there brain checked.

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 11 of 24, by dh4rm4

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
abyss wrote:

They are overrated terrible dos and windows games. The only descent game their is doom2 but i already have doom 1 shareware version and the game is very repetitive so sorry but i am just not interested in those games.

Overrated and terrible? To say this on a DOS gaming forum you must be a troll. That'd be like going into a school of the arts and saying that the Pier Gynt Suite was repetative or that importance of Kurosawa's "The Seventh Samurai" was overblown.

There's more to say but it gets rude so I won't...

Reply 19 of 24, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
abyss wrote:

They are overrated terrible dos and windows games. The only descent game their is doom2

Actually, there are some decent games on the list. Examples are Ultima Underworld, Heavy Gear, and of course, Populous: The Beginning.

abyss wrote:

but i already have doom 1 shareware version and the game is very repetitive so sorry but i am just not interested in those games.

I'm agree that Doom 1 is repetitive, and so is Doom 2. The reason I played Doom back then was more because the game was the first 3D shooter --a technological breakthrough. But gameplay-wise, I'd rather play Master of Magic, System Shock, Gunship 2000, Ultima Underworld, and Railroad Tycoon Deluxe.

Hexen is nothing but Doom-clone, and the expansion pack (Deathkings of the Dark Citadel) doesn't add anything new either. Hexen 2 is much better in graphic department, but it's basically the same shooter.

Tomb Raider 3 is not as good as its predecessors.

Rebel Assault 2 has stunning graphic, but it's basically nothing but glorified rail shooter --even worse than first-person shooter IMO.

However, the rest of them are more than decent games. Ultima Underworld is a legend, and I don't mind playing the game again. Populous: The Beginning is an addictive game --more even addictive than Hexen 2. Heavy Gear is a very solid "sequel" to Mechwarrior 2.

So frankly, I don't understand why you call those games "overrated" while calling Doom 2 --a game that became very old when Quake was out-- "decent".

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.