VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by flux

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I hope this is the right section. I'm writing this guide to help people run LOK3 on xp. Because when I downloaded the underdogs version of LOK3 in hopes to complete the trilogy it didn't work. This is my first guide ever.

The guide:
1. Download underdogs version of LOK3 (beware it's a slow server.) Then extract/install.

2. Download Ripped version of LOK3. Extract/install

3.Copy everything from the underdogs game directory EXCEPT malcolm and system directories Say yes to all while copying.

4. Open up malcolm folder and copy contents from the folder into ripped game folder (do not copy malcolm folder but the contents!)

5. Get into Dosbox or a front-end, mount the ripped game folder, (may need to mount one of your cd drives.) run runmain.exe or setup if needed, and viola! (if no sound/speech try going to player.ini and under soundenabled= put true, so soundenabled=true.)

Thats what worked for me, and I hope what works for you if trying to get LOK3 working. Thank you very much please post if works/doesn't work. 😁

Bernard: You have a machine whose sole function is producing toxic waste?
Dr. Fred: You can't have a high-tech laboratory like this and NOT spew poisonous filth! All the other mad scientists would laugh!