VOGONS

Common searches

Super League Pro Rugby runs in DOSBox 0.72! See YouTube video!

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 20 of 22, by abyss

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have an even rarer game called strike base. This super league pro rugby game does look fun though. I have the cd rom of strike base and everything.
I don't understand why games like super league pro rugby and strike base don't sell very good. I have never heard of super league pro rugby until today and this looks like a pretty good game.
Games like these should not sell poorly.
Strike base can not be purchased on ebay or amazon and is not shown on wikipedia and is not even shown on mobygames.

Reply 21 of 22, by njaydg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

@ abyss:

This isn't a thread about what game is the rarest... There are many games in that category, and by far more rare than Super League Pro Rugby. 😉

I wanted to share this with my fellow DOS gamers, 'cause besides being a game that spawns a smile in many people's faces (the video will make sure of that 😁 ) by it's simplicity, sense of humour, attention to details and easy controls, it was a game that most likely wasn't marketed/ advertised as much as others that came out at the same time (Alternative Software isn't a very well known publisher, AFAIK). Add to that the fact that rugby was never the most popular sport, and in 1996, apart from many DOS games being released, many windows games were starting to invade the market as well.

Considering all of the above reasons, this was just another game that didn't get proper recognition. Games that are pleasantly fun and simple should always get proper recognition. That's what gamers always wanted, and that's why many of us have such fond memories of the golden days, where the graphics came last. Nowadays it's the exact opposite... Graphics come first and if there's time, a little story and actual gameplay will be implemented... Later. 😒

Reply 22 of 22, by LJ23

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Could do with a little help with this, got all the files from my old disk that has now broke 🙁 Anyway I went to mount it and just like it says it keeps saying "CD Not Found" can anyone please help me play this classic again by giving me an idiots guide how to run the .iso file? I don't understand what it means when he says change the .bat file etc?

Please help.

Thanks