Reply 120 of 1947, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keropi wrote:

I grabbed a boxed *very nice condition* copy of Blood 2 😁

@retro games 100:
I actually prefer FM/GM synthesis in games that CD-Audio tracks... most of the times I hunt floppy disk versions of games because of that 😀 (2 examples come in mind , alone in the dark 1 + 2, cd-audio is not my liking)

I agree with you. 😀 But it's the principal of the thing. 😉 I don't like it when something's missing, when it ought to be there. But having said that, the general midi music in Descent 2 is great, and given the choice, I wouldn't listen to CD audio on this game.

So, I guess I was just whining! 🤣

Reply 122 of 1947, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keropi wrote:

ofcourse! it is a build game 😀
search youtube for "blood monolith" and you will find many videos, it is an excellent 3DFPS

@keropi,

ebay item # 290300796689

Beast of a machine! 😉

Reply 124 of 1947, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
  • Under A Killing Moon, by Access Software Inc, 1994.

I already had the game, but only as a re-release in a small double CD-jewel-case. This one is the real deal, in a big box with the original manual and 4 CD's (and a walk-through printed out by the previous owner!).

Box is a little worn at the edges, but otherwise okay. A little pricey, $40.
  • Interstate '76, by Activision, 1997.

A strange purchase. The store had the original box with the manual (and the registration card), but not the CD's. But they also had it as a re-release, in a DVD-case, but without any manual. So in the end, I ended up with both - for the price of one 😀

Box is not perfect, but quite presentable. And very colourful! Cheap, only $6.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 125 of 1947, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
MiniMax wrote:
[…]
Show full quote
  • Under A Killing Moon, by Access Software Inc, 1994.

I already had the game, but only as a re-release in a small double CD-jewel-case. This one is the real deal, in a big box with the original manual and 4 CD's (and a walk-through printed out by the previous owner!).

Box is a little worn at the edges, but otherwise okay. A little pricey, $40.
  • Interstate '76, by Activision, 1997.

A strange purchase. The store had the original box with the manual (and the registration card), but not the CD's. But they also had it as a re-release, in a DVD-case, but without any manual. So in the end, I ended up with both - for the price of one 😀

Box is not perfect, but quite presentable. And very colourful! Cheap, only $6.

Nice, didn't know such a store existed since everything PC related such as hardware and games older than 1997-96 is a pain in the ass to find here
Was it some TV Spelsborsen you found them in or some "loppis"?

My retro computer stuff: https://lychee.jjserver.net/#16136303902327

Reply 128 of 1947, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I picked this game up from ebay - it's The Universe Beyond - a retro game designed to run on windows 3.1 or windows 95. I got it Buy It Now when the bidding was 1 mnute away from closng!

theuniversebeyond.jpg

Reply 130 of 1947, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
lightmaster wrote:

another jewel to play in dosbox 😁

You're so right about this, lightmaster! Or I could play it in Virtual PC under Windows 98SE.

Reply 131 of 1947, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

About 10 days ago I picked up this game off of Amazon.com for 1 penny (plus the $3-something S & H price). Imagine that - a game for only 1 cent! It's Cabela's 4 x 4 Off-Road Adventure (I have a secret passion for these - I watch the car commercials on TV where the cars are driven on terrain such as mud, snow, through water, up a winding steep mountain pass, etc. and it makes me wish I could drive a car/pickup truck).

Reply 132 of 1947, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello guys - I'm back again! To date I picked up 3 more PC games - FreeSpace 2 (downloaded from GoG); Ringworld: Revenge of the Patiatrichs and Return to Ringworld - a total of 5 games in 1 months' time. 😁

[img]http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd225/Kell … dseries.jpg/img]

Last edited by Kelly Stiver on 2009-11-07, 17:27. Edited 5 times in total.

Reply 134 of 1947, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Kelly Stiver wrote:

Hello guys - I'm back again! To date I picked up 3 more PC games - FreeSpace 2

get freespasce2 open and the media vps (also get the fsport-lets you play freespace1 using the freespace2 engine)

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/to … ic,44291.0.html

Reply 135 of 1947, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Davros wrote:

get freespasce2 open and the media vps (also get the fsport-lets you play freespace1 using the freespace2 engine)

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/to … ic,44291.0.html

I'm the same as you, Good Buddy - I'm also a member of the hard-light.net forums; I go by the name there as K515. And I'm going to play all the freespace 1 missions on top of freespace 2 after I get my new laptop (a macbook pro that going to dual boot into windows XP)

lightmaster wrote:

Hehe congrats again!!! I hope 0.73 run them well!

You mean DOSbox 0.73 has been released? I have Dosbox 0.72 win32installer. Can you top that?

Reply 136 of 1947, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Guys, I brought Treasure Quest by Soggy from Amazon.com last night. I believe it's that unknown game I asked about in my other thread in this forum (this is the link to that thread): unknown science-themed treasure hunt PC game

Will post pics of all these games' jewelcases later. 😀

treasurequest.jpg

Last edited by Kelly Stiver on 2009-11-07, 17:27. Edited 4 times in total.

Reply 138 of 1947, by Patrick benatar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

holy shit! Obsidian is magical piece of work, I picked up a version of that in of all places a St Vincent de Paul charity shop on Broadway in Sydney Australia for $5, but it is a soft cardboard version in a package format I have never seen before, I thought I was the only person in the world who owned that game.

Note the (wonderfully handtyped on the back of A4 pages with bank letterheads for a bank that no longer exists) complete solution that came with the game (I didn't need it though).

P.S This is marked all over with the logo for a company in Mascot near Sydney airport called Hilad Corporation, I have never seen anything quite like that on a game I have bought in this country.

Attachments

• XI.jpg
    Filename
    XI.jpg
    File size
    139.01 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • XII.jpg
    Filename
    XII.jpg
    File size
    141.84 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

1. Write open-source software
2. Help test and debug open-source software
3. Publish useful information
4. Help keep the infrastructure working
5. Serve the hacker culture itself

Reply 139 of 1947, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Patrick benatar wrote:

holy shit! Obsidian is magical piece of work, I picked up a version of that in of all places a St Vincent de Paul charity shop on Broadway in Sydney Australia for $5, but it is a soft cardboard version in a package format I have never seen before, I thought I was the only person in the world who owned that game.

You mean, Obsidian is that rare? If that's the case, I'm mightly glad that I got the copy that I got! And my copy comes on 5 CD's, it's for Windows 95 which I'm going to run in my Virtual PC under windows 98SE.

Also the copy I got is from SegaSoft and it was published in 1996.

What's the info you have about your copy, Patrick?