Common searches

Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 240 of 1944, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Thrift stores are good sources of cheap old games, found a copy of Imperium Galactica II a couple days ago 😁

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 242 of 1944, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Bought Tombraider Unfinished Business, Swarm (which is an odd mouse controlled space shooter), another Mortal Combat 3, Shogo:Mobile Armor Division and Warzone 2100.
WZ-2100 is an old fav of mine, all the other games I never played before. The Tombraider came in one of those big boxes made somewhere in 1998 I guess and is in visually good shape.

Report spammers here!

Reply 243 of 1944, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Tetrium wrote:

Bought Tombraider Unfinished Business, Swarm (which is an odd mouse controlled space shooter), another Mortal Combat 3, Shogo:Mobile Armor Division and Warzone 2100.
WZ-2100 is an old fav of mine, all the other games I never played before. The Tombraider came in one of those big boxes made somewhere in 1998 I guess and is in visually good shape.

I couldn't get into Shogo back in the day, but I enjoyed Warzone 2100.

Anyone besides me only liked the 1st Tomb Raider?

Reply 244 of 1944, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I didn't like ANY of the tomb raider games. I thought they were pretty boring.
I bet if they had a bloke as the player character, rather than a well endowed woman in tight shirt and short pants, it would have been nowhere near as popular.

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 246 of 1944, by retrofool

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Shogo was fun for LAN parties. I remember one of the guys held down the jump key continuously so he was really hard to hit. Then they patched it so it only jumped once per keypress, he quit playing after that, 🤣.
As for Tombraider, I liked the first one best then the 2nd one was ok, after that the difficulty overcame the enjoyment and I quit playing them.

can't seem to throw anything out...

Reply 247 of 1944, by RogueTrip2012

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just bought a few oldies on the PC for $2 each

MotoRacer 2
You don't know Jack 3
Star Wars Episode 1 Collection Sealed. Ep1 Racer / Ep1 The Phantom Menace / Ep1 The Insiders Guide.

Although I don't really care for the whole Star Wars movies/franchise I really did like the Racer games as I own the PC/Dreamcast/N64 version and the sequel Racers Revenge on the PS2.

> W98SE . P3 1.4S . 512MB . Q.FX3K . SB Live! . 64GB SSD
>WXP/W8.1 . AMD 960T . 8GB . GTX285 . SB X-Fi . 128GB SSD
> Win XI . i7 12700k . 32GB . GTX1070TI . 512GB NVME

Reply 253 of 1944, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RoyBatty wrote:

Sweet haul bushwack, what are the ones in the very back besides Phantasmagoria? Can't quite read the titles.

Shivers in the middle and Quest of Glory 5 at the far left.

Reply 254 of 1944, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The settlers is fun! 😁

I got I through IV (1 through 4 in roman Lol).
I remember one came with a mission editor or so.

Playing an empty map is kinda relaxing to me, just slowly build and watch the woodchopper chop some trees and the sounds are really nice...ahhh 😁

Report spammers here!

Reply 255 of 1944, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Shit Bushwack you got yourself some amazing games there. Phantasmagoria, QfG V, Day of the Tentacle, Tex Murphy 5...
I've been collecting old video games but I generally try to aim for boxed ones. Currently looking for Under a Killing Moon and Overseer to complete my Tex Murphy collection and a few other games.
I got really lucky and won an auction of Grim Fandango (my favorite game ever) for 14 euro shipped! I couldn't believe it, it generally hits 40-50 Euro without shipping!

Reply 256 of 1944, by RogueTrip2012

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
F2bnp wrote:

Shit Bushwack you got yourself some amazing games there. Phantasmagoria, QfG V, Day of the Tentacle, Tex Murphy 5...
I've been collecting old video games but I generally try to aim for boxed ones. Currently looking for Under a Killing Moon and Overseer to complete my Tex Murphy collection and a few other games.
I got really lucky and won an auction of Grim Fandango (my favorite game ever) for 14 euro shipped! I couldn't believe it, it generally hits 40-50 Euro without shipping!

I seen that is quite a bit for Grim Fandango, Neverhood is always alot of money as well. I did pick up Skullmonkeys on the PSX (sequel of Neverhood) for $22 shipped about a year ago and seen it has gone up to the $40s now!!

Back around 98 or so I bought Grim Fandango for $1!! Still haven't tried to finish it but see it has 3Dfx support, so someday it will be played!!

Keeping on topic though. Bought Blood 2 off ebay for $6ish. Can't wait.

Reply 259 of 1944, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
leileilol wrote:

Well if you had bought a fresh one of those you'd have a limited OEM Incoming, a Nuclear Strike demo, Monster Truck Madness 2 and Battlezone with that one 😜

ahh the good old days when hardware was bundled with actual decent games (Sound Blaster Live 5.1 was the last good one)

Free games was the main reason I used to buy hardware upgrades way back when. If something didn't come with a free game, I wouldn't buy it. It's getting really hard to find good game bundles with new hardware like in the old days. I can remember deals where you could get as many as 5 free games with a hardware purchase and they would be full versions not crippleware or demos.