Topic actions

Reply 440 of 1944, by PhaytalError

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Picked these up this weekend at a local flea market... total cost: $9 USD! 😎

CAM00017.jpg

All are complete and absolute mint condition. 😁

DOS Gaming System: MS-DOS, AMD K6-III+ 400/ATZ@600Mhz, ASUS P5A v1.04 Motherboard, 32 MB RAM, 17" CRT monitor, Diamond Stealth 64 3000 4mb PCI, SB16 [CT1770], Roland MT-32 & Roland SC-55, 40GB Hard Drive, 3.5" Floppy Drive.

Reply 442 of 1944, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Not a game, but retro software. I've been looking for a copy of XTree Gold 3.0 with doco for years and finally found it! I've been using and loving XTree since the early 90's but this is the first non-pirated copy I've owned:

IMG_4605_zpsce0efeed.jpg

IMG_4604_zps20e5a49e.jpg

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 446 of 1944, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

To day i have got a boxed version of warcraft II Tides of Darness.

And today 9-11-2013 got the boxed expansion as well.

$%28KGrHqJ,!ngFJBiqq0OOBSY,+5f-Pg~~60_12.JPG

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 447 of 1944, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Not a game, but I managed to find a floppy to the Cyrix 386/486 upgrade chip with the utility for activating the cache on the chip. I thought that might be a useful thing to have. 🤣

Reply 448 of 1944, by Unknown_K

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
badmojo wrote:
Not a game, but retro software. I've been looking for a copy of XTree Gold 3.0 with doco for years and finally found it! I've be […]
Show full quote

Not a game, but retro software. I've been looking for a copy of XTree Gold 3.0 with doco for years and finally found it! I've been using and loving XTree since the early 90's but this is the first non-pirated copy I've owned:

IMG_4605_zpsce0efeed.jpg

IMG_4604_zps20e5a49e.jpg

I have boxed copies for DOS and Windows 3.1, great software to own. I think v1.43 is the oldest I have for DOS.

Collector of old computers, hardware, and software

Reply 449 of 1944, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Unknown_K wrote:

I have boxed copies for DOS and Windows 3.1, great software to own. I think v1.43 is the oldest I have for DOS.

I never tried the windows version, I spend more time in DOS during the Windows 3.x years and then poor Xtree went from hero to zero in my book when Windows 95 came along.

Reply 450 of 1944, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm changing my focus from hardware to games for a while so I got Star Trek Starship Creator and Lord of the Rings.

http://pc.mobygames.com/game/windows/star-tre … tarship-creator

http://pc.mobygames.com/game/dos/jrr-tolkiens … the-rings-vol-i

And can someone PLEASE sticky this thread already???

Reply 451 of 1944, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

qXpiOhUl.jpg
ckpdkM3l.jpg
0tyz1pTl.jpg
sjEw7Bml.jpg
zu9nu9ol.jpg

I'm most pleased about the big box copy of Diablo, so hard to find since most folk seem to have either bought the small box version, or the battle chest.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 453 of 1944, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

😲 😲 😲 you forgot to send the yellow IMPORTANT! card!!!

nice additions btw, classics!

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 454 of 1944, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've been searching for this thread and couldn't find it. When is someone going to sticky the important threads?

Anyway I wanted to post that I picked up Ultima 7 Complete and War Commander.

Reply 455 of 1944, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Some new arrivals to keep me busy. I was really happy with ‘Stunt Driver’ – it was one of those Amazon orders that was basically pot luck. The item was poorly described and there was no picture of it – are there ever pictures on Amazon? I can’t work that website out. Anyway, it was 11 bucks so thought I’d risk it, and it’s a beautiful, complete big box, and it all looks brand new. This is the second time Amazon’s come through with the goods on a game I couldn’t find on eBay after months of looking, the other game was Stunts (4D Sports Driving) , which again was a poorly described item but turned out to be complete in the box. Stunts and Stunt Driver look to be nearly the exact same game, released very close to each other, but they were actually developed independently. I love Stunts, so I’m looking forward to seeing how this ‘other Stunts’ plays.

Links is a game that I’ve never played but am looking forward to, likewise TerraNova, which again I took a risk on (dodgy looking eBay seller) but arrived factory sealed in the shrink wrap (until I got my greedy mitts on it).

IMG_4970_zps9a7043da.jpg

IMG_4974_zps3a6079b3.jpg

IMG_4968_zps20017cac.jpg

IMG_4966_zps3cc74d96.jpg

IMG_4976_zps9a25877a.jpg

IMG_4977_zps9221d40a.jpg

Reply 457 of 1944, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ dang! I have the cdrom version (same box), floppies are better though! enjoy!

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website