Common searches

Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 504 of 1951, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I found cheap big box versions of Kings Quest V (with the original box art) and VI, Star Wars:Rebel Assault II, and Wordperfect 7 Suite. Also got a small box version of Shadow Caster.

Reply 507 of 1951, by Hater Depot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Robin4 wrote:
NIS Blake stone: planet strike […]
Show full quote

NIS Blake stone: planet strike

33kuh4l.jpg

Nice. I passed up the chance to buy some boxed Apogee games cheaply in high school, been kicking myself for years now.

Korea Beat -- my cool translation blog.

Reply 508 of 1951, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

1021808785-00.jpg

This game is almost rare to day.. So why wait longer then needed..
I have bought a boxed version of spear of destiny super cd packs.. It includes every mission pack inside..

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 510 of 1951, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have got this one to..

blake.jpg

An full box NOB game.. Only downside are the 3.5inch floppys.. I prefer to get this on cd-rom..

But its better something then nothing..

Reply 511 of 1951, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Hater Depot wrote:
Robin4 wrote:
NIS Blake stone: planet strike […]
Show full quote

NIS Blake stone: planet strike

33kuh4l.jpg

Nice. I passed up the chance to buy some boxed Apogee games cheaply in high school, been kicking myself for years now.

You can still find this boxed game on ebay..

Reply 513 of 1951, by Holering

User metadata

Really enjoy the artwork on the older game boxes. It just seems more organic and less depressing vs the new stuff.

Received Carmageddon two days ago after buying. Still the best in series IMO. So fun just exploring each level. They're so huge and car physics really feel like your driving a heavy chunk of car metal. The sequels were good but the humor and music here just goes with the game all too well. Wish new games had real actors for mugs (can you imagine Mortal Kombat arcade machine with real actors in 3D camera capture and 4k resolution? Damn.).

5Z9JLcg

@lolo799: What icon theme is that?

Reply 516 of 1951, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Not a game, but software. Picked up a copy of GEOS 128 v2.0 complete in box and in perfect condition for $10. The 128 version has full support for the extended capabilities of the 128 and 128D. I already had the C64 version, but the 128 version was elusive. After watching copy after copy slip away for $50, $60 and $70, I threw a half hearted bid at this one and then forgot about it. I didn't realize I had won until 2 days after the listing ended and then I was in a panic to pay for it in case the seller decided to lodge a complaint against me for not paying and relisted it. I definitely didn't want to lose it for that price.

Reply 517 of 1951, by lolo799

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Holering wrote:

Wow I've never even heard of Haiku. They say it uses the same innards as Mac OS 8-9 (BEOS). Really have to try it! Thanks lo lo799!

It really doesn't have anything to do with MacOS, you should reread the FAQ!
As it is mostly fully compatible with BeOS R5, it's the best way to play BeOS and Zeta games (commercial and official ports) on recent computers, wich is all vogons is about, right?

PCMCIA Sound, Storage & Graphics

Reply 518 of 1951, by dirkmirk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

DSCN1332_zps2886ecd3.jpg
DSCN1333_zpsc4d5de55.jpg

One of the most classic game boxes ever, I bought this as box only, no disks or manuals, the box itself looks better than in the photos but obviously not pristine condition, the last NIB copy of Doom I saw on ebay went for like $300! I paid about a 1/10th fair compromise IMO, this will look good in the pool room.

Reply 519 of 1951, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
lolo799 wrote:
One of the most shocking video games ever made! :cool: http://lorezan.free.fr/collection/be/hopkins.jpg http://lorezan.free.fr […]
Show full quote

One of the most shocking video games ever made! 😎
hopkins.jpg
hopkinsfbi-haiku.jpg

Hey! I just bought a copy of this for OS/2 on ebay. I'm trying to put together a collection of commercially released games for OS/2. There aren't many of them, but some of them can be difficult to find. Are you running this on a genuine BeBox?