Common searches

Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 660 of 1913, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Nice! I've been playing the Wing Commander games since getting hooked last year, I beat IV about a month ago and it was awesome! The GOG version features DVD quality video, don't know how well that will go over an older machine, I'm still looking to get a boxed copy though for collecting purposes 😀.

Reply 661 of 1913, by Darkman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

there are actually some online right now, but the game is mysteriously more expensive than the rest of the series, quite annoying because its apparently quite good.

the thing I wonder about the DVD quality movies is how well will they run on a P133 machine. if the game runs well enough on Windows98 or 2000 I can run it on the Athlon 1400 which might be a bit more suitable (the image quality is better anyways).

Reply 663 of 1913, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
F2bnp wrote:

The Pentium 133 will not cut it. At all. The Athlon 1400 should be more than suitable, the big question is if you'll need to find suitable codecs for Win98.

Video was always a weak link when I was using my Pentium 150 box, even after I overclocked it to 200. I had to buy one of those kits from Creative that included a DVD-ROM drive and video decoder card before I could watch movies on a PC. You'd probably still need a similar setup to watch video on an older PC today assuming you can find a decoder card that is compatible with the latest codecs and has drivers for the version of DOS or Windows that you are running.

Reply 664 of 1913, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I found this a couple weeks ago but was only able to take a good photo recently (new digital camera!)

003_zps1b7070b7.jpg

004_zps2e116203.jpg

And it's still shrink wrapped. Finding the cards that this goes with is hard enough, but finding the game and demo CD's is even harder and this was only $5.

Reply 667 of 1913, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
leileilol wrote:

is that an i740 iirc?

Yes. i740 but the PCI cards didn't come out until late so they are a lot harder to find than the AGP and they don't have the performance issues that the AGP cards do.

Reply 671 of 1913, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

dollar store finds...not the best games in the world, but good for a buck each nonetheless...

20150122_200059.jpg
Filename
20150122_200059.jpg
File size
366.22 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
20150122_195921.jpg
Filename
20150122_195921.jpg
File size
518.26 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 673 of 1913, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I remember reading about the great escape game as a kid. Your gonna have to play it and tell me how bad it is. 🤣

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 674 of 1913, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
King_Corduroy wrote:

I remember reading about the great escape game as a kid. Your gonna have to play it and tell me how bad it is. 🤣

Lol...ya it will probably be pretty bad 🤣 (but you never know...it is an "Editors Choice" after all...🤣)...I originally thought it was a cheap version of the movie when I saw it on the shelf.

Reply 675 of 1913, by ahendricks18

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I found these the other day:
Operation Combat 2 for DOS 99 cents
Plix for DOS (old 3.5 disk puzzle game) 5 bucks
1000+ games 99 cents
Extreme pinball for 40 cents
Diablo 1 for .99 cents

Main: AMD FX 6300 six core 3.5ghz (OC 4ghz)
16gb DDR3, Nvidia Geforce GT740 4gb Gfx card, running Win7 Ultimate x64
Linux: AMD Athlon 64 4000+, 1.5GB DDR, Nvidia Quadro FX1700 running Debian Jessie 8.4.0

Reply 677 of 1913, by Blurredman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
retrofanatic wrote:
King_Corduroy wrote:

Lol...ya it will probably be pretty bad 🤣 (but you never know...it is an "Editors Choice" after all...🤣)...I originally thought it was a cheap version of the movie when I saw it on the shelf.

I've got it, it's not that bad for the time!! It reminds me of a clunky version of Hidden and Dangerous 2.

http://blurredmanswebsite.ddns.net/ 😊

Reply 678 of 1913, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

These are the games I've bought over the last week:

These I got today for 99 cents ea!
sam_0502_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8hj2ev.jpg

These are also from today but I paid 3$ ea for these. (same thrift store)
sam_0504_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8hj2ez.jpg

And finally these I got off of ebay for 13$ and 15$ respectively... Nostalgia may have gotten the better of me. 🤣 (Ordered these last week and they got here yesterday!)
sam_0496_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8hj2f2.jpg

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 679 of 1913, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Great finds King_Corduroy....$13 and $15 are just a bit steep for boxed games, but lately it is becoming the norm on eBay, so I guess I can't say that's a bad deal at all....I cannot get a decent boxed game (with shipping included) for anything less than $15USD now. It's getting crazy. I used to be able to get pretty good deals here and there, but I mostly have depended on local ads and thrift stores for building my collection, but now I think the well has run pretty dry around where I am.