Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 720 of 1913, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
2fort5r wrote:

I used to have that edition. Revision 31 IIRC. It has the built-in hint engine. I can't imagine how anyone managed to finish the game without it....

I have two words for you then. Babel fish.

Reply 722 of 1913, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
2fort5r wrote:

Oh that part is easy, at least if you've read the books. "Enjoy poetry" 🤣. The problems begin later.

There are people who still can't figure out how to exit the first location before the bulldozer demolishes the house. 🤣

My greatest moment of satisfaction came from having both Tea. and No tea. in my inventory at the same time. 🤣

Reply 723 of 1913, by 2fort5r

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yes the game gets very strange later on. The 'dark' bit at the start is just common sense. IIRC the evil thing about that part is that if you forget to bring the toothbrush with you the game becomes unwinnable...

Account retired. Now posting as Errius.

Reply 726 of 1913, by Chaniyth

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ok, so not a game, but... Windows 3.11 Windows for Workgroups retail / non-oem, factory sealed. 😀

20150511_145149.jpg
Filename
20150511_145149.jpg
File size
416.5 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you. 😁

Reply 727 of 1913, by SpeedySPCFan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This was about two days ago but I did get some pretty good finds from a Goodwill at $14.50 total. Sim City Classic, Sim Earth, Test Drive 4 (all CD-ROM Classics versions), and Halo CE. All games were complete, and the PC games were sealed (though of course I plan to play them so I took it off 😒).

CElXr-zUgAA_O5M.jpg:large

Musician & music gear/game reviewer.

MIDI hardware: JD-990, SC-55, SC-880, SD-90, VL70-m, Motif ES, Trinity, TS-10, Proteus 2000, XK-6, E6400U

Reply 728 of 1913, by frisky dingo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Chaniyth wrote:

Ok, so not a game, but... Windows 3.11 Windows for Workgroups retail / non-oem, factory sealed. 😀

20150511_145149.jpg

That's a fun game, We IT managers love it 😒

Reply 730 of 1913, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Got this stuff today!

Sim Tower CD-ROM Classics version (which has the mac copy on the disc)......................................$1.99
Microsoft Best of Entertainment Pack ..............................................................................................$0.99
Castle Of Dr. Brain..........................................................................................................................$0.99
Sierra NASCAR Racing II................................................................................................................$0.99
Total Annihilation : Core Contingency (Expansion Pack).....................................................................$0.99
Perfect Sound by SunRize (External Amiga Stereo Sound Sampler)....................................................$0.99

s1520004_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8xm79e.jpg

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 731 of 1913, by Nvm1

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
King_Corduroy wrote:
Got this stuff today! […]
Show full quote

Got this stuff today!

Sim Tower CD-ROM Classics version (which has the mac copy on the disc)......................................$1.99
Microsoft Best of Entertainment Pack ..............................................................................................$0.99
Castle Of Dr. Brain..........................................................................................................................$0.99
Sierra NASCAR Racing II................................................................................................................$0.99
Total Annihilation : Core Contingency (Expansion Pack).....................................................................$0.99
Perfect Sound by SunRize (External Amiga Stereo Sound Sampler)....................................................$0.99

s1520004_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8xm79e.jpg

Core Contingency 🤣 ! I still play TA from time to time with friends with the 5k patch and newer map packs and units.
There are still new additions made for that game after all these years!
With all additions it still gets my I7 3930k on it's knees with over 16k units on screen 😈

Reply 732 of 1913, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah that game seriously rocks. 🤣 TA is possibly one of the coolest RTS games I've ever played, I always thought the soundtrack was seriously kickass and the fact that hulks of broken units were left to be harvested or block shots and movement after they were destroyed was even cooler. 🤣

Have you played Spring Engine with XTA or NOTA yet? Omfg there is nothing more satisfying than long range bombardment with a big bertha cannon and watching it deform the map. 🤣

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 733 of 1913, by Nvm1

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
King_Corduroy wrote:

Yeah that game seriously rocks. 🤣 TA is possibly one of the coolest RTS games I've ever played, I always thought the soundtrack was seriously kickass and the fact that hulks of broken units were left to be harvested or block shots and movement after they were destroyed was even cooler. 🤣

Have you played Spring Engine with XTA or NOTA yet? Omfg there is nothing more satisfying than long range bombardment with a big bertha cannon and watching it deform the map. 🤣

I haven't played XTA or NOTA. I did use the packs which included the "Buzsaw" unit.. if finished it annihilates a map in 3-5 minutes.. 😈 but costs insane power to keep running. 🤣

Reply 734 of 1913, by dexter311

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I picked up a few games from a local guy today. It was a refreshing change from the typical eBay stuff I normally have to do! Really wish we had something like Goodwill or the Salvos here in Munich.

Anyways, I ended up getting Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Diablo Hellfire, Mechwarrior 2, Ultima 7, Unreal Mission Pack and Dungeon Keeper 2. I've been looking for AGES for a copy of Hellfire at a decent price to complete my Diablo collection, and now I finally have it! 😊

W6hrQ34.jpg

I was only intending on picking up 4 or 5 of them, but he also had Ultima 7 Complete in really nice condition and I couldn't pass it up! The cloth maps in the Ultima boxes are really nice.

vzMGXMZ.jpg

HRTnQk9.jpg

Reply 735 of 1913, by boxpressed

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I was at the dollar store (Dollar Tree, to be specific) this week, and I found a NOS Windows 98 game! Well, it's Windows ME era, but pre-XP in any case. It was so weird I had to buy it for the princely sum of $1. It is some kind of point and click adventure, from what I can tell.

P1110401.jpg

Last edited by boxpressed on 2015-06-25, 21:04. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 737 of 1913, by idspispopd

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
dexter311 wrote:

I picked up a few games from a local guy today. It was a refreshing change from the typical eBay stuff I normally have to do! Really wish we had something like Goodwill or the Salvos here in Munich.

No "Sozialkaufhaus" which might have some stuff? I had a look at the nearest one and they had some CD-ROMs in jewel cases.

Reply 738 of 1913, by dexter311

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
idspispopd wrote:

No "Sozialkaufhaus" which might have some stuff? I had a look at the nearest one and they had some CD-ROMs in jewel cases.

Do you mean like a Caritas or something? I've been to a couple of second-hand stores here but found nothing gaming-related... mainly only clothes, furniture, etc.

Reply 739 of 1913, by idspispopd

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
dexter311 wrote:

Do you mean like a Caritas or something? I've been to a couple of second-hand stores here but found nothing gaming-related... mainly only clothes, furniture, etc.

Something like that. Of course they mostly carry other stuff, but it'd be worth to check out if you don't have to drive far. Also there might be special shops for second hand games/consoles.