Common searches

Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 740 of 1921, by dexter311

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
idspispopd wrote:

Also there might be special shops for second hand games/consoles.

Unfortunately they're all disappearing. The only one left that I know of only has a small selection of overpriced console stuff. 😒

Unfortunately eBay has proven to be my only decent source. The occasional ad appears on Kleinanzeigen though.

Reply 744 of 1921, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah I almost walked past it put then I noticed the suncom stick behind a box of what I thought was just books. 🤣 It was a scorching day today at the out door flea market so he just wanted to get rid of the stuff and I gladly took it off his hands. 😁

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 745 of 1921, by dexter311

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Great pickup! That Suncom stick looks like it'll survive a nuclear explosion... those things are built so well.

Here are my pickups from this week. Mostly from eBay, but a couple local pickups too.

tBqPcrc.jpg

I'm mostly interested in Blizzard stuff, so adding to my Blizzard collection is always exciting! I finally managed to get a copy of the Retribution expansion for Starcraft:

WeEL2cb.jpg

And the bad-arse Undead alternative box art for Warcraft III! From what I've seen, Germany never got the alternative box art. This one is a US copy, and I'm hoping that some of the others show up in my travels.

qP98jiP.jpg

Reply 746 of 1921, by tincup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
King_Corduroy wrote:

Yeah I almost walked past it put then I noticed the suncom stick behind a box of what I thought was just books. 🤣 It was a scorching day today at the out door flea market so he just wanted to get rid of the stuff and I gladly took it off his hands. 😁

The look, fit and feel of the Suncom is my favorite. Modeled on the F-14 I really like the grip and button placement. I think the Apache has a similar stick too.

One of my "one-of-these-days" mod projects is to graft a Suncom onto a Saitek USB throttle & twist action base for use as a one device flight control solution. Someone sells a USB interface IC that let's you custom map all the button functions so the model stick/throttle/rudder would be completely independent of the original driver and programming aps. Complete internal rewiring - one day...

Reply 747 of 1921, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

How much did you pay for retribution? That's a super rare expansion pack!

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 748 of 1921, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've been organising my games collection into 'Display Worthy', 'Keep but Pack Away', and 'Sell'. Here are the display worthy ones - the empty place in the middle is where Command and Conquer lives, but it's a fave so is often out to play.

DSCN2323_zps6srgjlro.jpg

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 749 of 1921, by JidaiGeki

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
King_Corduroy wrote:
Bought all this for only FIVE dollars! :D […]
Show full quote

Bought all this for only FIVE dollars! 😁

s1590006_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d901p32.jpg

Nice haul, was recently looking at a Suncom joystick, should be awesome. You've had some phenomenal deals! 😁

Reply 750 of 1921, by JidaiGeki

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
badmojo wrote:
I've been organising my games collection into 'Display Worthy', 'Keep but Pack Away', and 'Sell'. Here are the display worthy on […]
Show full quote

I've been organising my games collection into 'Display Worthy', 'Keep but Pack Away', and 'Sell'. Here are the display worthy ones - the empty place in the middle is where Command and Conquer lives, but it's a fave so is often out to play.

DSCN2323_zps6srgjlro.jpg

Cool collection, seeing Stunts and GP2 together makes me nostalgic about some of my old faves!
Also wish I could get organised too - have games hidden around the house - mainly from the wife, but now my 1 y.o. is starting to open things so everything gets stashed on higher ground. Is this in a man cave? 😁

Reply 751 of 1921, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
JidaiGeki wrote:

Cool collection, seeing Stunts and GP2 together makes me nostalgic about some of my old faves!
Also wish I could get organised too - have games hidden around the house - mainly from the wife, but now my 1 y.o. is starting to open things so everything gets stashed on higher ground. Is this in a man cave? 😁

Oh boy, I remember that toddler stage. Grab, slobber, repeat 🤣 My kids are older so I can use the lower shelves again.

It's a home office which I share with my wife, but my stuffs are dominating I must admit 😈

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 752 of 1921, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I too Approve the Grand Prix 2 box!! Seriously that game was the Crysis of its day! There was no computer that could handle full detail and SVGA at max framerate. 😎

Reply 753 of 1921, by sf78

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Our very own "craigslist" had these for 10€ a piece + shipping. Now I have 3 versions of RB (VGA 3.5", EGA 5 1/4" and Amiga).

Attachments

• luftwaffe.jpg
    Filename
    luftwaffe.jpg
    File size
    127.15 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 756 of 1921, by y2k se

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
King_Corduroy wrote:

You wouldn't by any chance be a Nascar fan would you? 😜

Maybe. 😀 Though the first racing game I got was the CD version of IndyCar Racing from CompUSA in 1995 or 1996.

Tualatin Celeron 1.4 + Powerleap PL-IP3/T, ASUS P2B, 512 MB RAM, GeForce 4 Ti 4200, Voodoo2 SLI, AWE64, 32GB IDE SSD, Dell 2001FP

Reply 757 of 1921, by tincup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
y2k se wrote:
King_Corduroy wrote:

You wouldn't by any chance be a Nascar fan would you? 😜

Maybe. 😀 Though the first racing game I got was the CD version of IndyCar Racing from CompUSA in 1995 or 1996.

If you ever get the chance try out the Rendition version of IndyCar Racing II; the 3D is pretty sweet especially for the time frame. Of course you'll need a rig with a Rendition Verity video card, and the patch if you have a Verite v2200 card [V1000 runs out of the box]. Both versions should be on the CD you have...

Reply 758 of 1921, by y2k se

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
tincup wrote:

If you ever get the chance try out the Rendition version of IndyCar Racing II; the 3D is pretty sweet especially for the time frame. Of course you'll need a rig with a Rendition Verity video card, and the patch if you have a Verite v2200 card [V1000 runs out of the box]. Both versions should be on the CD you have...

When these titles were newer, I bought a Sierra Screamin' 3D specifically for the Papyrus sims. Nowadays, I prefer running it on the racing PC in my signature with DOSBox because the steering wheel and pedal I have on it are much nicer than what I have on the old system.

Tualatin Celeron 1.4 + Powerleap PL-IP3/T, ASUS P2B, 512 MB RAM, GeForce 4 Ti 4200, Voodoo2 SLI, AWE64, 32GB IDE SSD, Dell 2001FP

Reply 759 of 1921, by tincup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Cool! Yes modern USB FBB wheel/pedal/shifters are *much* better in every way. Even so I actually still like the feel of the old Thrustmaster NASCAR Pro and keep one handy for running the old games..