Common searches

Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 1580 of 1913, by Bancho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Picked up Formula 1 by Psygnosis. I absolutly loved this game on the PS1 back in the day. The PC version is 3D accelerated so excited to see how it runs. Also this game has such a Killer Sound Track, with Juice by Steve Vai which is just awesome.

gvx2mSfl.jpg

Reply 1582 of 1913, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Wait what? I never even heard of these Microprose games. What is Legacy? That coverart looks like a complete ripoff of Alone in the Dark..

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 1583 of 1913, by TheMobRules

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I hadn't heard of The Legacy until recently, when I got a copy that was in very poor condition, but I managed to archive the floppies.

I only saw some seconds of gameplay in YouTube but didn't want to spoil myself since I am interested in playing it. Looks like a Survival Horror + RPG thing, not sure if it's any good though.

Reply 1584 of 1913, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Got lucky and got some older games recently.

Some big box games which I had totally no idea what they were and some of the more recent (and cheaper) DVD boxes.
The big boxes were Dark Angael and Light and Darkness The Prophecy. Never heard of either but the boxes were cheap so I just got them 🤣
DVD boxes were Age of Mythology, Age of Mythology The Titans expansion, Mall Tycoon 2, Railroad Tycoon 2 platinum, Dino Tycoon (I'm beginning to see a pattern here 🤣), Hotel Tycoon, Port Royale 2 (I really liked PR3 and heard pretty much good things mostly of PR2 and a friend of mine used to play PR2 a lot), Dungeon Siege (really wanted a box of this because Chris Taylor) and Platoon.

Not a game but was very pleased to have found a boxed copy of Microsoft Project 98. Pretty much useless but the box and contents are in excellent shape. The leaflets don't even have folds in them 😁

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 1586 of 1913, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
blurks wrote on 2020-06-27, 14:35:
appiah4 wrote on 2020-06-26, 20:09:

What is Legacy? That coverart looks like a complete ripoff of Alone in the Dark..

That's because it is - minus the rudimentary 3D graphics of course.

I would say it's more like a haunted house Eye of the Beholder.

Reply 1587 of 1913, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
TheMobRules wrote on 2020-06-26, 20:15:

I hadn't heard of The Legacy until recently, when I got a copy that was in very poor condition, but I managed to archive the floppies.

I only saw some seconds of gameplay in YouTube but didn't want to spoil myself since I am interested in playing it. Looks like a Survival Horror + RPG thing, not sure if it's any good though.

Also on GOG as well.

Reply 1589 of 1913, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Picked up some Steam sale games. Made myself spend $30 to get the additional $5 discount. 😀

Dishonored
The Bard's Tale Trilogy
Underworld Ascendant
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist

all for <$29US after state sales tax. 🙁

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 1593 of 1913, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I am very envious of your Microprose collection by this point blurks 😀 Great games both, although I suck at ever single sub sim I tried including SS2 😀

Reply 1595 of 1913, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

And the Microprose rampage continues 😀

Last edited by appiah4 on 2020-07-16, 21:00. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1596 of 1913, by blurks

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
appiah4 wrote on 2020-07-10, 07:31:

And the Microsoft rampage continues 😀

I have fond memories of early 90's Microprose games so it was a no-brainer for me to get into collecting these games. While still missing a few I am at the point of not adding more games to my collection as many of the remaining titles are getting increasingly expensive. Still enjoying what I have so far. 😀

Reply 1597 of 1913, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Microprose (Not -soft, I fixed my typo above) is also one of the most defining developer/publishers of my most active gaming years. Some of the games you bought recently are too obscure for even me, to be honest. I was mostly into their simulation and strategy games, but they were examplary in every genre they touched. Dragonsphere was an impulse purchase on an overseas trip which turned out to be awonderful point and click adventure for example.

Reply 1599 of 1913, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

oooo nice :3

I originaly got Descent 1 on a bazillion floppies from a friend, then bought the second one and still have it... bought the trilogy "Venture Pack" later so I own all three of them now, but getting a nice boxed Descent 1 is really expensive nowadays :\
the 3rd one never quite resonated with me, too much of the first two was lost style-wise so I never really played it.