Common searches

Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 1920, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well depending on yours needs you don't need a fan on your CPU or graphics card nowadays either. 😀

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 21 of 1920, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Again, not a game per se, but a pair of DTK prm-00801 E0 mobo; they're 440BX motherboards with 3 ISA slots instead of 2. Here and here.

e95b_1.JPG

At first, I was concerned about the lack of manual. Fortunately, some nice guy named evasive sent me the PDF manual through email.

Now the manual said that the mobo only supports 500MHz Pentium III processor, but I could care less. The clockspeed should be fine for games like Jane's Longbow 2 and Interstate 76.

Hmmmm... What should I do with my Soyo SY-845PE ISA now?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 23 of 1920, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Why to they come in DVD case instead of box? Did you still get the manuals and documentations?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....

Reply 24 of 1920, by laffer35

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

They come in those boxes (not DVD cases, thicker and bigger) because they're the Japanese FM Towns CD-ROM versions.

They're better than the DOS versions in many cases - for example, the FM Towns version of Zak McKracken is the only version in 256 colors and it has CD audio music as well.

Reply 25 of 1920, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
laffer35 wrote:

They're better than the DOS versions in many cases - for example, the FM Towns version of Zak McKracken is the only version in 256 colors and it has CD audio music as well.

Not to mention an attractive cover.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 27 of 1920, by laffer35

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

They're a little bigger than that.

By the way, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade sounds great on the FM Towns since it has CD audio. Nice soundtrack. Other than that, it's pretty much the same as the PC version.

Loom is awesome as well on the FM Towns - it has CD audio music but not CD audio speech (which the PC version has). I much prefer CD audio music since they had to cut quite a bit of dialogue in the PC version because of the way they stored the speech.. wasn't enough room for all of it.
So the FM Towns version brings the best of both worlds in my opinion - the 256 colors of the PC CD version, all the dialogue from the 16 color PC floppy version and great CD audio music.

EDIT - and even though these games were only released in Japan, they all fortunately have optional English text.

Reply 28 of 1920, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I know what you're thinking. "Did he bid fifty bucks or only thirteen?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is Interstate 76, the most exciting driving game in the world, and would blow your mind clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk? 😉

interstate76-interstate82-buy01-pic.jpg

Reply 29 of 1920, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I missed the game the first time it came around, but some say it's actually better than Mission Force: Cyberstorm --is it?

mechcommandergold-buy01-pic01.jpg

Reply 30 of 1920, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

More than a decade ago I skipped this game in favor of Red Baron II, but now I'm glad I have it.

flyingcorpsgold-buy01-pic01.jpg

Reply 31 of 1920, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Wings of Glory, just arrived today.

wingsofglory-buy01-pic01.jpg

Reply 32 of 1920, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

WHEW! I was so close to losing the game. Would you believe me if I told you that the bid price had been staying at GBP 0.99 for days?

By the way, see you later, folks. It is almost 1 AM here in Indonesia and I have a presentation to deliver tomorrow.

aircombatclassics-buy01-pic01.jpg

Reply 33 of 1920, by v0g0ns

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

YEA! The games I ordered from ebay arrived! I got Corridor 7 the cdrom edition, factory sealed, with the president level of difficulty, Rise of the Triad on CD, and a Duke Nukem companion book, with a CD with addons for the game. Im happy 😀.

Rise of the Triad forum

Reply 34 of 1920, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I thought we have such thread already?

And what, no pics? 😉

Reply 36 of 1920, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Not a game, actually, but Frank Klepacki rocks.

the_music_of_red_alert.jpg

Reply 38 of 1920, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Davros wrote:

ps: Kreshna
microsoft relesed mechcommander 2 for free :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.as … &displaylang=en

With source code and source assets? Does it mean that we can get the music track too?

By the way, I'm a lucky bastard: Drakkhen for five bucks, with pewters!

drakkhen-buy01-pic01.jpg

drakkhen-buy01-pic02.jpg

drakkhen-buy01-pic03.jpg

Reply 39 of 1920, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:
With source code and source assets? Does it mean that we can get the music track too? […]
Show full quote
Davros wrote:

ps: Kreshna
microsoft relesed mechcommander 2 for free :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.as … &displaylang=en

With source code and source assets? Does it mean that we can get the music track too?

By the way, I'm a lucky bastard: Drakkhen for five bucks, with pewters!

drakkhen-buy01-pic01.jpg

drakkhen-buy01-pic02.jpg

drakkhen-buy01-pic03.jpg

Nice, nice...that seller seem to have some real gems for sale

A game from 1989 eh...you have a capable system to run it or do you plan to use DOSBox?

My retro computer stuff: https://lychee.jjserver.net/#16136303902327