Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 1908, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Amigaz wrote:

A game from 1989 eh...you have a capable system to run it or do you plan to use DOSBox?

DOSBOX all the way 😀 Yes, I'm building a DOS-legacy system but it is for mid-90s DOS games that runs on 640x480 or above.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 41 of 1908, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:
Amigaz wrote:

A game from 1989 eh...you have a capable system to run it or do you plan to use DOSBox?

DOSBOX all the way 😀 Yes, I'm building a DOS-legacy system but it is for mid-90s DOS games that runs on 640x480 or above.

DOSBox? blasphemy! 😁

This should be run a real 286, Adlib soundcard alt. Sound Blaster 1.0 + MT32 combo 😎

My retro computer stuff: https://lychee.jjserver.net/#16136303902327

Reply 42 of 1908, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Amigaz wrote:

This should be run a real 286, Adlib soundcard alt. Sound Blaster 1.0 + MT32 combo 😎

I have yet to obtain my MT32.... 🙁 So I think I use DOSBOX with munt instead. 😁

By the way, am I the only one to post my game acquisition here? Hello? Where are you guys? What game you just bought?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....

Reply 43 of 1908, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Amigaz wrote:

I have yet to obtain my MT32.... 🙁 So I think I use DOSBOX with munt instead. 😁

By the way, am I the only one to post my game acquisition here? Hello? Where are you guys? What game you just bought?

I buy alot odf games too but I'm too lazy to take photos of them...or I'm rather too lazy to arrange them in a nice pose and then take a photo
😁

Reply 44 of 1908, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Amigaz wrote:

I buy alot odf games too but I'm too lazy to take photos of them...or I'm rather too lazy to arrange them in a nice pose and then take a photo
😁

Don't worry, I didn't take photos either --I just download those auction photos and put them on my image hosting account. 😁

Reply 46 of 1908, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

I have been at it again 😊 Did not have time, nor inclination, to spend a lot of time looking at the older, boxed games, and instead bought a couple of newer ones:

• Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
  • Myst IV: Revelation.
  • Uru: Ages Beyond Myst.
  • Space Colony

The Space Colony game was mostly bought because of the unique casing. The front has a plastic 3D-look, like the little 3D-images that you could sometimes find in cereal packets.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    Filename
    DSC_0001.jpg
    File size
    75.4 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    3 Harry Potter games
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    Filename
    DSC_0002.jpg
    File size
    65.54 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Myst IV and Uru
    File license
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    Filename
    DSC_0003.jpg
    File size
    47.96 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Space Colony
    File license

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 48 of 1908, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I just won this game for US $108.49. Was it cheap or expensive?

kilrathi-saga-buy01-pic01.jpg

Reply 49 of 1908, by Marian

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I think you paid a good price for a real collectible game. Amazon Marketplace has two people selling this, boxed, one for around $200 and the other for around $600. The CD/jewel-case and manuals without boxes are going for around $100.

I buy a lot of older/collectible games on eBay. I'm still searching for Ultima Martian Dreams!

Reply 50 of 1908, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Today I got a nice boxed copy of Magic Carpet Plus 😀

Very good condition, but the advertised 3D-glasses is missing.

I do not keep a shopping list for games that I want to buy. It has always been a case of "Oh - this looks interesting" or cheap, or something. When I saw Magic Carpet it was both cheap (3 €), in good condition, and I thought I remembered seeing quite a few posts for help with getting the game running, so I figured it must be worth a look-see.

I might create a shopping list soon. Something I can keep on my phone, so I can check if it is game I want, or something I already have.

Attachments

• Magic Carpet Plus.jpeg
    Filename
    Magic Carpet Plus.jpeg
    File size
    96.62 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Magic Carpet Plus
    File license

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 52 of 1908, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Meh, nothing special. Just a copy of [url=ttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230284744860]Privateer 2: The Darkening[/url] for replacement.

priv2darkening-buy01-pic01.jpg

Reply 53 of 1908, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Meh, nothing special. Just a copy of [url=ttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230284744860]Privateer 2: The Darken […]
Show full quote

Meh, nothing special. Just a copy of [url=ttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230284744860]Privateer 2: The Darkening[/url] for replacement.

priv2darkening-buy01-pic01.jpg

Have that game too but my cover is completely different?

Reply 54 of 1908, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Is yours the Deluxe Edition?

Reply 55 of 1908, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Is yours the Deluxe Edition?

My cover looks like this:

Foto+Wing+Commander:+Privateer+2+--+The+Darkening.jpg

Reply 56 of 1908, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Whoa. Frankly I've never seen that cover before --Deluxe Edition or otherwise. Why is it so different?

Reply 57 of 1908, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Whoa. Frankly I've never seen that cover before --Deluxe Edition or otherwise. Why is it so different?

Must be some european release, when I've seen it for sale before I bought my copy it has always been with this cover.
Dunno if the contents differ from your version...I can check if you want?

Reply 58 of 1908, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Amigaz wrote:

Dunno if the contents differ from your version...I can check if you want?

Well my game hasn't arrived yet, but according to item's description, I should get 3 game CDs, 2 reference cards, players manual, instruction manual, and catalogs/ads.

I have lost my original Privateer 2 game, but IIRC the contents is about the same. I remember having 2 manuals though: the large one, and the booklet-sized manual on CD1. There's also some reference cards of sort.

Reply 59 of 1908, by MGonzales

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

IMO, it just doesn’t get better than this (although they run in Windows)!...

DID_FSS.JPG

The only item above that isn't in new condition is EF2000, which I also acquired recently...

EF2000_NS.JPG

And then I had the spines cut out of the books...
http://198.65.10.229/DID/DSCF1152.JPG

Having this done was a painful experience (those Strategy Guides are especially hard to find, almost impossible in that condition), but I wanted to scan them to PDF as the pages were beginning to yellow and sticken, also the print was fading.

But even more painful (and the reason I'm here) was doing the same with my MicroProse F-117A Nighthawk Stealth Fighter 2.0 Manual! It had to be done as it was really starting to show its age. Although I haven't played the game in years, I still read the excellent manual so it’s occasionally handled.

I was tense until they returned my F-117 Manual undamaged (except in pieces 😀 ). With a PDF printout I can drop pizza, spill coffee, or let my Jack Russell terriers wrestle around it without worry. The original pages sit in Ziplock bags in a plastic container in a closet.

My reason for posting, with DOSBox I once again can play my all-time favorite game!!! I need to tweak the settings or something to make it smooth but it works (both sound and USB stick). Despite its age I'm enjoying this ultimate classic once again (stealth gameplay rules)!

Thanks DOSBox folks! 😁

For modding of some classic flight sims, go here...
http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm

Here's an example of a current project of mine for TAW...
http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb … 5608#Post705608

We're really just getting started. I also hope one day to recreate the magic of F-117 using Jane's Fighters Anthology (there's a Toolkit for modding).

Note that I'll be posting MicroPose F-117 Training AARs (After Action Reports) at SimHQ in the near future...
http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb … Board=71&page=1

Here's an example of an old sim AAR...
http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb … 245#Post2518245

...although I expect my F-117 AARs to have much more text.

The ability to take screenshots in DOSBox will be very handy for this purpose, also I've noticed a video feature, I'll look into this as well.

Thanks again DOSBox (I see Tornado and other classic DOS flight sims in my future). I need a collection like this (belongs to a SimHQ poster named Pretzel)...

Pretzel1.jpeg

Pretzel2.jpeg
--

Mark