Common searches

Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 1500 of 1908, by TheAbandonwareGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Grabbed a copy of Heretic at the local goodwill.

Should be fun. I've heard of it and seen Gameplay but never actually played it.

Cyb3rst0rms Retro Hardware Warzone: https://discord.gg/jK8uvR4c
I used to own over 160 graphics card, I've since recovered from graphics card addiction

Reply 1501 of 1908, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Grabbed a copy of A Bug's Life and Toy Story 2 for the PlayStation and in mint condition. No scratches or anything, except for a bit of dust here and there.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 1502 of 1908, by Crank9000

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
PSTBS2.jpg
Filename
PSTBS2.jpg
File size
375.64 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Planescape: Torment and Broken Sword II. Got BS2 couple weeks ago and just brought PS:T home, both in excellent condition. Got them both cheap, pretty sure they could have asked double the amount I paid for Broken Sword II and the poor sod who sold that original 4cd CIB version of Planescape: Torment could have asked triple the amount I paid. Didn't get them to make a profit though, both are going to my personal collection. While I do like BS2 it was more of an impulse buy than anything else, but PS:T is one of my favorite games of all time and I'm really glad to have the big box version of it.

Reply 1503 of 1908, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just got Fear on ebay for just over seven bucks. Never played it before, fired it up just to see the intros and what not. The graphics is superb on my XP rig.

Attachments

• fear-1.jpg
    Filename
    fear-1.jpg
    File size
    468.39 KiB
    Views
    File license

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
Intel SE440BX P3 450 256MB 80GB SSD Radeon 7200 64mb SB 32pnp 350W 98SE
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W

Reply 1504 of 1908, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Great game! The supernatural side of it doesn't grab me like it used to but fighting clever soldier drones in well designed levels never gets old.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 1505 of 1908, by wiretap

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Salvation Army for under $6 total.. all discs, manuals, keys included:

There was also the normal version of Flight Sim X that I left for someone else.

Z6ftXX0h.jpg

My Github
Circuit Board Repair Manuals

Reply 1506 of 1908, by wiretap

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Almost forgot.. picked up a good condition big box of Heretic. This one usually sells for a crapload of money on Ebay ($120+). I've bid on so many and lost. Finally.. and for under $50. Pretty unique box -- looks like a book and opens like one. I only have some slight disappointment because it isn't embossed, although it looks like it in the picture. (USA version)

7JYakxHh.jpg

My Github

Reply 1507 of 1908, by twiz11

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
MiniMax wrote:
[…]
Show full quote
  • Battle Isle 2, by BlueByte, 1993.
    I already have the game, but only as part of a 3-games box.
    Box is a little worn at the edge, but otherwise okay.
    Even comes with update 1.0.5 on a 3½ diskette with BlueByte print.
  • Star Trek - Hidden Evil, by ActiVision, 1999.
    Box is in perfect condition.
  • Myst, by Brøderbund, 1995.
    Box is in (almost) perfect condition.
  • Riven (sequel to Myst), by Cyan & Red Orb, 1995.
    CD-ROM is a mixed Win95/Mac version.
    Box is in perfect condition.

games wont work in windows 10, you should try running them in windows xp

Reply 1508 of 1908, by wiretap

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Soldier of Fortune (big box/complete) I remember this game created quite a bit of controversy when it was released because it was so graphic. I think some countries in Europe even rated it the same way as a XXX film and you had to be over 18 years old to buy it. 🤣

m3stY4Yh.jpg

My Github

Reply 1509 of 1908, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
wiretap wrote:
Soldier of Fortune (big box/complete) I remember this game created quite a bit of controversy when it was released because it wa […]
Show full quote

Soldier of Fortune (big box/complete) I remember this game created quite a bit of controversy when it was released because it was so graphic. I think some countries in Europe even rated it the same way as a XXX film and you had to be over 18 years old to buy it. 🤣

m3stY4Yh.jpg

Actually playing through this game for the first time. Very atmospheric and having a lot of fun with it.

Reply 1510 of 1908, by blurks

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
1.jpg
Filename
1.jpg
File size
371.11 KiB
Views
File license
2.jpg
Filename
2.jpg
File size
398.61 KiB
Views
File license
3.jpg
Filename
3.jpg
File size
397.05 KiB
Views
File license
4.jpg
Filename
4.jpg
File size
312.53 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 1512 of 1908, by Almoststew1990

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This week I discovered that Rise of Nations is a thing. It seems to fill in a space between Civ and Age of Empires for me quite nicely! I can just about defeat the AI on "Easiest" mode but I get annhilated on "Easy" mode. Also, whenever I declare war on anyone, everyone else then declares war on me so its 7 against 1. 🙁

Ryzen 3700X | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | AMD 6800XT | 2Tb NVME SSD | Windows 10
AMD DX2-80 | 16MB RAM | STB LIghtspeed 128 | AWE32 CT3910
I have a vacancy for a main Windows 98 PC

Reply 1513 of 1908, by Munx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Almoststew1990 wrote:

This week I discovered that Rise of Nations is a thing. It seems to fill in a space between Civ and Age of Empires for me quite nicely! I can just about defeat the AI on "Easiest" mode but I get annhilated on "Easy" mode. Also, whenever I declare war on anyone, everyone else then declares war on me so its 7 against 1. 🙁

Your stance with other nations depends on your score. As soon as you have the top, everyone will declare war on you. Killing enemy units increases your score the most, so try and stay peaceful until other nations rack up that score high enough. Or just pick a map where you cant have too many boarders.

My builds!
The FireStarter 2.0 - The wooden K5
The Underdog - The budget K6
The Voodoo powerhouse - The power-hungry K7
The troll PC - The Socket 423 Pentium 4

Reply 1514 of 1908, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Almoststew1990 wrote:

Congratulations on discovering the best RTS ever made..

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 1515 of 1908, by oeuvre

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
wiretap wrote:
Soldier of Fortune (big box/complete) I remember this game created quite a bit of controversy when it was released because it wa […]
Show full quote

m3stY4Yh.jpg

Hope you are old enough to play this game, young man!

HP Z420 Workstation Intel Xeon E5-1620, 32GB, RADEON HD7850 2GB, SSD + HD, XP/7
ws90Ts2.gif

Reply 1516 of 1908, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

My amazing local gaming shop are having buy-one-get-one-free sale on all their used PC games this weekend. I figured it'd be rude not to stop in & pick up some '90s pre-rendered puzzle/adventure cheese:

CameraZOOM-20191017165745063.jpg
Filename
CameraZOOM-20191017165745063.jpg
File size
451.83 KiB
Views
File license
CameraZOOM-20191017170127829.jpg
Filename
CameraZOOM-20191017170127829.jpg
File size
362.15 KiB
Views
File license

^^ just look at all those discs. Considering what I paid, that's like $0.57 per disc. The local thrift stores don't even sell crappy music CDs that cheap! Seriously I love these multi-CD releases from this era, talk about refusing to compromise your vision.

Okay, technically Uru and Scrapland are from the 2000s and use full 3D engines rather than pre-rendered scenes, but I'm not complaining. (I *am* going to complain that they both have Starforce on disc, but I've already found patches for both, so oh well. Still, I might have bought something else if I'd remembered to check while in store.)

I'm thinking I might try to stream some of these as an experiment. My internet isn't very good, but I figure it can handle a game full of static 3D scenes that only change every couple minutes.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 1518 of 1908, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
appiah4 wrote:
A bunch of cheap recent eBay finds: […]
Show full quote

A bunch of cheap recent eBay finds:

PC-EF2000.jpg PC-t-EMPt-At-ION.jpg PC-DUNE-2000-EMPEROR.jpg

Had no idea there was a sequel to Dune 2000. Will have to check that out. Looks great.

Reply 1519 of 1908, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Slowly expanding my MS-DOS Flight Sim collection..

PC-Janes-AH64-D-Longbow.jpg

Really happy to finally own this game, it was one of my most beloved flight sims of the time and actually ran fine on OS/2 if I remember correctly.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.