Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 60 of 1913, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
MGonzales wrote:

IMO, it just doesn’t get better than this (although they run in Windows)!...

It's nice to see another flight simmer here! 😀 Just when I thought I'm alone....

MGonzales wrote:

Note that I'll be posting MicroPose F-117 Training AARs (After Action Reports) at SimHQ in the near future...

Since we're at it....

Is there any way to auto-land the F-117A with auto pilot, despite Realistic Landing? I found carrier landing is a nightmare, because unlike land-based airbases, the aircraft's landing area is not perfectly aligned with North/South direction. Since Microprose F-117A does not have rudder, I found it next to impossible to line up my aircraft with the carrier's landing area.

And no, Microprose F-117's ILS doesn't help any. 🙁

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 61 of 1913, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Guess I am lucky. Gunship 2000 CD version, plus Island & Ice with all the manuals. Yeah!

gs2000plusexpansion-buy01-pic01.jpg

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....

Reply 62 of 1913, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Gunship 2000 seems to be the game of the month here.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 63 of 1913, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
MiniMax wrote:

Gunship 2000 seems to be the game of the month here.

It is, by coindidence. Funny, I've been looking for months in Ebay for a complete copy of Gunship 2000 (manuals, etc). And then jamon51 and Neville started a talk about the game, and voila! One copy suddenly appeared on ebay, with docs and manuals.

Reply 64 of 1913, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Guess I am lucky again, and this is the gold version, folks.

pawgold-buy01-pic01.jpg

Reply 65 of 1913, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:
Guess I am lucky again, and this is the gold version, folks. […]
Show full quote

Guess I am lucky again, and this is the gold version, folks.

pawgold-buy01-pic01.jpg

Damn, that's a steal 😎

My retro computer stuff: https://lychee.jjserver.net/#16136303902327

Reply 66 of 1913, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Amigaz wrote:

Damn, that's a steal 😎

It is, especially since the cheapest PAW sans manual is almost fourty bucks. Whoa.

Reply 67 of 1913, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Grand Theft Auto Classic Collection. Woot.

gtacollection-buy01-pic01.jpg

gtacollection-buy01-pic02.jpg

Reply 69 of 1913, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

He he, and it includes London expansion pack.

I hope there's a mod somewere that allows us to save game; is there?

Reply 71 of 1913, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just bought Archimedean Dynasty. I bought it because a) I've seen it mentioned on Vogons, and b) I think it's a voodoo game.

..and c) I get to try and upload my first photo to Vogons. 😉

(The box looks like it's seen better days!) 😵

Attachments

• ad3.JPG
    Filename
    ad3.JPG
    File size
    16.34 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by retro games 100 on 2008-12-02, 10:18. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 72 of 1913, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
retro games 100 wrote:

Just bought Archimedean Dynasty. I bought it because a) I've seen it mentioned on Vogons, and b) I think it's a voodoo game.

It is, and when (or if) you successfully run the game on Voodoo5, please share the environment variables.

Reply 73 of 1913, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Actually, I never thought of trying the game on a V5. 😮 I was going to test it out on a voodoo1 card. I think this game was from 1996, and so a V1 would be the most appropriate card I think. Sorry. But if I can get it to work on a V5, I'll be sure to let you know! 😀

Reply 74 of 1913, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Got this recently -

http://www.mobygames.com/game/lara-croft-tomb … ider-collection

(tomb raider collection; 1 thru to 6)

I bought it because I believe that at least one (possibly even two) of the early games have voodoo support. Now I think I'm right in saying (correct me if I'm wrong) that the very first game could only be run on a voodoo1 (or 2?) card if the user selects voodoo as the video choice. (I haven't had a chance to install the software and test the voodoo options.)

I also got -

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/kings-quest-collection

(king's quest collection; 1 thru to 7)

and I noticed that it uses good ol' DOSBox! 😀

I like compilations such as these two. They are a good cheap easy way to purchase lots of old software.

Reply 75 of 1913, by dh4rm4

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote:

ahh the good old days when hardware was bundled with actual decent games (Sound Blaster Live 5.1 was the last good one)

My previous graphics card an 8600GTS was bundled with Supreme Commander. I don't play it, but the game got good reviews.

Reply 76 of 1913, by Silent Loon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
retro games 100 wrote:

It is, and when (or if) you successfully run the game on Voodoo5, please share the environment variables.

KAN, I doubt that it is possible to run it with a voodoo5. You remember my V2 problems, don't you?
But nevertheless, what about promising a reward for the first one playing the 3dfx version of Archimedean Dynasty on a V5?
(I don't think of money... but something more idealistic... a piece of hardware perhaps?)

Reply 77 of 1913, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Silent Loon wrote:

But nevertheless, what about promising a reward for the first one playing the 3dfx version of Archimedean Dynasty on a V5?
(I don't think of money... but something more idealistic... a piece of hardware perhaps?)

Whoa, I have yet to decide which hardware I'm willing to part with! 🤣

Reply 78 of 1913, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Silent Loon wrote:

Whoa, I have yet to decide which hardware I'm willing to part with! 🤣

What do you mean, which hardware you're willing to part with? If I manage to get AD working on a V5, I want all of your hardware, including your savings, your house, your car, and a percentage of all of your kids' income. 😜 🤣

Reply 79 of 1913, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

*hugs his beloved hardware* You 'll have to pry them from my cold, dead hands.

On the brighter side, I don't have kids. 🤣