Common searches

Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 1240 of 1908, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Had to show you guys this. That copy of Hard Nova you see in my previous post has the manuals and floppy disks all in a white envelope from the factory. Those disks sat in one position so long they left imprints on the envelope. Never have seen this so pronounced in all my years of collecting. Luckily both disks imaged just fine, although disk 2 could not be read on the last few sectors. A good blow and shake and another attempt at a read from disk 2 and all worked fine from there.

outside.JPG
Filename
outside.JPG
File size
929.59 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
inside.JPG
Filename
inside.JPG
File size
793.16 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 1241 of 1908, by Munx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
liqmat wrote:

Had to show you guys this. That copy of Hard Nova you see in my previous post has the manuals and floppy disks all in a white envelope from the factory. Those disks sat in one position so long they left imprints on the envelope. Never have seen this so pronounced in all my years of collecting. Luckily both disks imaged just fine, although disk 2 could not be read on the last few sectors. A good blow and shake and another attempt at a read from disk 2 and all worked fine from there.

Looks like a cheap (yet slow) way to copy disks 🤣

My builds!
The FireStarter 2.0 - The wooden K5
The Underdog - The budget K6
The Voodoo powerhouse - The power-hungry K7
The troll PC - The Socket 423 Pentium 4

Reply 1242 of 1908, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Munx wrote:
liqmat wrote:

Looks like a cheap (yet slow) way to copy disks 🤣

Last edited by liqmat on 2017-12-11, 22:14. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1244 of 1908, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
sf78 wrote:

Second coming confirmed!

jesus.jpg

What kind of game is that?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 1245 of 1908, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

What kind of game is that?

this is supposed to be the imprint on the sheet that Jesus was covered with (when they took him down from the cross IIRC) and on the right side there is a reconstruction of His face = something along these lines

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 1246 of 1908, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

Its a singe of the second coming of the floppy disk belonging it the grate admin from the havens to bestowed a new system patch among his users.
Id think he'd be using automatic updates by now... or at lest a flash drive

Inbe4 I get stuck by lighten.

Reply 1247 of 1908, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Traded in some boring loser triple-A titles (Mass Effect, Far Cry, Dungeon Siege, Doom 3, etc... bunch of rubbish really) at a local gaming shop & walked out with these gems. Fractal Design Dabbler 2 ended up being a disappointment (it's a paint program, not an interactive fractal generator like I was hoping), but the Space Bar is a find. A surreal '90s adventure game I've never heard of, written by Steve Meretzky & published by SegaSoft of all companies, on six CDs for Win95 AND PowerMacs? YES PLZ. Gonna have some fun with this one.

spacebar.jpg
Filename
spacebar.jpg
File size
242.94 KiB
Views
File license

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 1248 of 1908, by TheAbandonwareGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
xjas wrote:

Traded in some boring loser triple-A titles (Mass Effect, Far Cry, Dungeon Siege, Doom 3, etc... bunch of rubbish really) at a local gaming shop & walked out with these gems. Fractal Design Dabbler 2 ended up being a disappointment (it's a paint program, not an interactive fractal generator like I was hoping), but the Space Bar is a find. A surreal '90s adventure game I've never heard of, written by Steve Meretzky & published by SegaSoft of all companies, on six CDs for Win95 AND PowerMacs? YES PLZ. Gonna have some fun with this one.

spacebar.jpg

I hate to tell you this but Mass Effect is considered one of the greatest games of all time. Same for DOOM 3 and Far Cry. I almost wonder if that wasn't sarcasm from you.

Cyb3rst0rms Retro Hardware Warzone: https://discord.gg/jK8uvR4c
I used to own over 160 graphics card, I've since recovered from graphics card addiction

Reply 1249 of 1908, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

^^ L0L you need to tune up your sarcasm detector. You really weren't sure??

I had multiple copies of Mass Effect 1 & 2 from a friend leaving town, so I kept one of each for myself. I am well aware of how critically acclaimed they are. I'm interested in them from a story perspective (always up for a good sci-fi epic), but to be honest I don't know if I'm ever gonna get around to playing them; I'll probably just watch a let's play eventually.

Far Cry isn't really my thing, and I tried Doom 3 and it didn't grab me. Didn't have the fast pace of original Doom, didn't have the exploration elements I usually like, didn't have an interesting story. May as well pass it on.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 1250 of 1908, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I played mass effect. Lets just say, it failed to get my mass erect. Wasn't bad, but just didn't do it for me. D3 and FC were okay, but I only played them once.

That spacebar looks interesting though.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 1251 of 1908, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah, this kind of thing is super subjective. I almost always go for games that are creative and weird & unafraid to try things out of left field (even if those things don't really work out), to ones that do everything extremely well but ultimately end up being pretty conventional. FWIW I always preferred Rise of the Triad over the original Doom, even though ROTT was less way less polished and technically "worse."

Reply 1252 of 1908, by JidaiGeki

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Picked up a few titles in yesterday's delivery 😀

Attachments

• _20171218_083939.JPG
    Filename
    _20171218_083939.JPG
    File size
    2.72 MiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 1253 of 1908, by KCompRoom2000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A few days ago, I went to the thrift store and spotted a copy of Test Drive: Off-Road for only $3 (and was bought on a day where a 40% off sale on media was going on so it was less than that), another DOS+Win9x racing game for my collection.

IMG_0191.JPG
Filename
IMG_0191.JPG
File size
399.21 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 1254 of 1908, by svfn

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
bjt wrote:
^ I guess Magnetic Scrolls are the UK equivalent of the Legend adventures. […]
Show full quote

^ I guess Magnetic Scrolls are the UK equivalent of the Legend adventures.

Some new games here over the last few months.

ykrWwDfl.jpg
8TykmLWl.jpg

is that version of POD in English, and what is inside the box? only CD in jewelcase? been looking for one without any luck.

SS7: K6-2/350 | FIC PA-2013 2.1 | 32MB PC-100 | 3dfx V3 2000 AGP | AWE64 CT4520 | Win98SE
On MobyGames

Reply 1255 of 1908, by lolo799

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Received those two this week:

macgames.jpg
Filename
macgames.jpg
File size
44.63 KiB
Views
File license

Tie Fighter disc is still sealed.

mactiefighter.jpg
Filename
mactiefighter.jpg
File size
36.44 KiB
Views
File license

Now to find a joystick with an ADB connector...

PCMCIA Sound, Storage & Graphics

Reply 1256 of 1908, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Pools of Darkness for the Amiga 500, a game I've been hunting forever, finally in my possession:

Pools_of_Darkness.jpg

More games in the mail (self-bought new year gifts..)

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 1257 of 1908, by TimMer1981

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
lolo799 wrote:
Received those two this week: […]
Show full quote

Received those two this week:

macgames.jpg

Tie Fighter disc is still sealed.

mactiefighter.jpg

Now to find a joystick with an ADB connector...

Loads of those on eBay, just search for "joystick adb". 😀

"I will take your bones, still alive and in great pain, and make them into a chair. I will call it "My Screaming Chair". Every morning I will sit in it and listen to you scream. Any questions?"

Reply 1258 of 1908, by bjt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
svfn wrote:
bjt wrote:

is that version of POD in English, and what is inside the box? only CD in jewelcase? been looking for one without any luck.

I have a feeling it might be French. Will check it out later.

Edit: Yeah it's French. In the box is just a registration card and the game in a jewel case, with a small jewel case manual.

Reply 1259 of 1908, by KCompRoom2000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A friend of mine gave me a few old (PowerPC) Macintosh games for free today, she recently attempted to install them on her Intel iMac and said they didn't work which is no surprise considering Apple dropped support for running PowerPC applications several years ago. Nevertheless these should be good additions for the G4s in my collection.

IMG_1756.JPG
Filename
IMG_1756.JPG
File size
1.57 MiB
Views
File license