Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 1420 of 1908, by sf78

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
appiah4 wrote:

Amazing. Im after the Amiga versions of these myself, Gunship 2000 moreso than KotS.

Really?! I have two different versions for Amiga. 🤣 Well, the only difference I think is some Microprose promo sticker on one of the boxes. You can usually find both of these for Amiga in UK quite often, but I'm trying to focus on the PC front from now on. The main reason is the proper support for different analogue joysticks, even though some Amiga games do support it there doesn't seem to be that many analogue sticks available for Amiga.

edit: I found the sticker version from eBay:

gs.jpg
Filename
gs.jpg
File size
165.02 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1421 of 1908, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Bought a SimCity bundle (will take pics later) that has SimCity 2000 Deluxe Edition (MS-DOS and Windows), Streets of SimCity, and SimCopter.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 1422 of 1908, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
bjwil1991 wrote:

Bought a SimCity bundle (will take pics later) that has SimCity 2000 Deluxe Edition (MS-DOS and Windows), Streets of SimCity, and SimCopter.

Loved SimCopter. Especially the first release with all the unauthorized easter eggs.

Reply 1423 of 1908, by spiroyster

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
sf78 wrote:
Really?! I have two different versions for Amiga. :lol: Well, the only difference I think is some Microprose promo sticker on on […]
Show full quote
appiah4 wrote:

Amazing. Im after the Amiga versions of these myself, Gunship 2000 moreso than KotS.

Really?! I have two different versions for Amiga. 🤣 Well, the only difference I think is some Microprose promo sticker on one of the boxes. You can usually find both of these for Amiga in UK quite often, but I'm trying to focus on the PC front from now on. The main reason is the proper support for different analogue joysticks, even though some Amiga games do support it there doesn't seem to be that many analogue sticks available for Amiga.

edit: I found the sticker version from eBay:

gs.jpg

iirc there was an AGA and non-AGA version of Gunship 2000?

Reply 1424 of 1908, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Played this to death on an old NT 4.0 machine back in the day. Sealed copy on Ebay and the seller has more. Great port of this game.

panzer.jpg
Filename
panzer.jpg
File size
932.76 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 1425 of 1908, by Synthoridity

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Recent Stuff:

2018-12-19 - games 495 kb.jpg
Filename
2018-12-19 - games 495 kb.jpg
File size
495.58 KiB
Views
File license

* The Terminator: Future Shock and SkyNET - Very buggy, but great atmosphere and impressive features for 1995: Mouselook; large, mission-based levels; 3D modeled enemies; and vehicle levels that involve either driving a jeep or flying an HK hovercraft.
* Descent I and II: The Definitive Collection - I had never actually played the full versions of these games before, although I did play the shareware and OEM versions a lot. I like the colorful, low-poly robot designs.
* Descent 3 and Descent 3: Mercenary - White Label budget release. Ehh...I really didn't enjoy these games as much as Descent I/II. My complaints include bland music, some frustrating missions (one level in Mercenary would crash whenever a certain type of turret enemy was alerted), and generic robot designs. I mainly played these to see the rest of the series' story.
* Sonic Jam - I have Sonic & Knuckles Collection and Sonic Mega Collection Plus and wanted yet another version of the Genesis/Mega Drive games to play. I noticed that the NTSC version of this game is extremely expensive for some reason. Australia has the cheaper PAL version so that's what I got.

Reply 1426 of 1908, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Synthoridity wrote:

The Terminator: Future Shock[/i] and SkyNET - Very buggy, but great atmosphere and impressive features for 1995: Mouselook; large, mission-based levels; 3D modeled enemies; and vehicle levels that involve either driving a jeep or flying an HK hovercraft.

If any game series ever needed a remake it would be this one, BUT unfortunately, I feel, the Bethesda of today would destroy it completely with in game purchases, online only, etc. etc. modern gaming cash grabbing crap. I absolutely love both games. Insanely atmospheric for their time and the fact you can run the original game in SVGA with the second game's engine is super cool as well.

Make sure to grab Osprey's 2017 Skynet rollup patch which includes ripsaw8080's wonderful door crash fix:

Re: Terminator Skynet problem

Reply 1427 of 1908, by wiretap

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

About 3/4 of these are new pickups over the past 2 months. 1/4 I had originally owned since new. Decided to put up a bookshelf for them. I have a bunch more big box games on the way, so I might need to build another shelf.. 😵

FqUUTUCh.jpg

jinxS7Zh.jpg

NG7mhShh.jpg

gdtAHroh.jpg

MEq0ZsGh.jpg

Dxb2BFSh.jpg

Vo5sC5Yh.jpg

P4lykR5h.jpg

0j3J9k5h.jpg

yoLyiR5h.jpg

sinX0JZh.jpg

UHYr5Jyh.jpg

lzOQyrXh.jpg

PVFpBs2h.jpg

HHbT9cVh.jpg

mLUmNtgh.jpg

4LIpAxnh.jpg

Y6fiW65h.jpg

Q90GTI4h.jpg

Still looking for Duke: Caribbean - Life's a Beach 😜

My Github
Circuit Board Repair Manuals

Reply 1430 of 1908, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I had no idea that Ocean Jurassic Park game was on PC. I've had it for SNES for years! Is that first person section any better on PC than the SNES? What's the music like? Is it MIDI or redbook or what? I have questions!

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 1431 of 1908, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

^^ neat, yeah I didn't know there was a PC release either. The music was one of the highlights of the SNES version for me. Never had it myself but used to play it with a friend back in the day, I can still remember a couple of the themes.

I other news, I went thrifting again. I probably shouldn't.

CameraZOOM-20190102230700682.jpg
Filename
File size
290.43 KiB
Views
File license

So firstly, a single Roland MA-20. I would have liked a pair of these, but this is all there was. It's in great condition, though, so for $12 I wasn't gonna say no. These are "ambidextrous" and people use them as guitar amps, so it's not too uncommon to find them in singles. I'll pick up another one eventually.

And a couple games, which is why I'm posting in this thread rather than the hardware one. On the left we have Space Colony, which I'd never heard of, for Win98-XP according to the case. It's a SimCity clone in space, which is probably obvious. To be honest, I probably wouldn't have picked this up if the front cover wasn't a multiplexed hologram, but it was, so I did. Can't complain for two bucks.

space colony.jpg
Filename
space colony.jpg
File size
253.36 KiB
Views
File license

^^ I did my best to make a side-by-side stereo pair of the cover image. Photographing this thing was not as easy as you think, especially since the cover card is a bit concave & didn't wanna lay flat. If you anti-cross your eyes you should be able to get the 3D effect. Fun stuff.

Secondly, SimIsle, complete, in great-condition big box, with all these goodies inside:

CameraZOOM-20190102231126368.jpg
Filename
CameraZOOM-20190102231126368.jpg
File size
524.73 KiB
Views
File license

...including the manuals for SimCopter and SimTheme Park for some reason, but no sign of either of those games. Can't resist a good old Maxis white box though; goes with my SimCity 2000.

I actually have fond memories of SimIsle - it's not a great game but it includes this awesome and completely thematically-inappropriate acid breakbeat intro track which got me to play the demo over and over again. 😜 I seem to recall recording the track to cassette at one point. Seriously, you could have spun this at any rave in 1996 & pumped everyone on the floor like a goddamn hero.

Also stuffed into the box (seriously, it barely closes) was the official strategy guide:

CameraZOOM-20190102231243084.jpg
Filename
CameraZOOM-20190102231243084.jpg
File size
347.08 KiB
Views
File license
CameraZOOM-20190102231403996.jpg
Filename
CameraZOOM-20190102231403996.jpg
File size
322.44 KiB
Views
File license

...and stuffed between the pages of the official strategy guide was the original sales receipt. I love finding stuff like this. Somebody plonked down almost a hundred bucks for the game and the strategy guide at the same time in 1996. Hope it was worth it!

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 1433 of 1908, by wiretap

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Got this on the way.. I have a feeling it is somewhat rare, but I'm not sure. Anyone know more about it, or an approximate value?

VO1FdnSh.jpg

CE6I7eMh.jpg

2VLtzmth.jpg

My Github

Reply 1435 of 1908, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
wiretap wrote:
Got this on the way.. I have a feeling it is somewhat rare, but I'm not sure. Anyone know more about it, or an approximate value […]
Show full quote

Got this on the way.. I have a feeling it is somewhat rare, but I'm not sure. Anyone know more about it, or an approximate value?

VO1FdnSh.jpg

Reminds me of the mint copy of Krusty's Super Fun House for the PC I found and submitted the DOS version to Moby Games. Here is my submission:

https://www.mobygames.com/game/krustys-super- … CoverId,445321/

I noticed Moby Games does not have scans of the 5¼" floppies nor the manual for the DOS version of your game under cover art. Would you mind scanning and submitting? Thanks.

https://www.mobygames.com/game/simpsons/cover-art

Reply 1436 of 1908, by DaveJustDave

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

that's a good find.. been looking for a pair, and haven't seen them ANYWHERE

xjas wrote:

So firstly, a single Roland MA-20. I would have liked a pair of these, but this is all there was. It's in great condition, though, so for $12 I wasn't gonna say no. These are "ambidextrous" and people use them as guitar amps, so it's not too uncommon to find them in singles. I'll pick up another one eventually.

I have no clue what I'm doing! If you want to watch me fumble through all my retro projects, you can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDavejustdave

Reply 1437 of 1908, by CrossBow777

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just added an original SQ6 and Lode Runner from Sierra to my PC collection yesterday. I need to take a more recent pic of my PC collection shelf to post here sometime. Problem is it isn't all of my boxed PC games and I honestly just don't have the room. So I only put on display what I consider the best ones to show off I guess?

g883j7-2.png
Midi Modules: MT-32 (OLD), MT-200, MT-300, MT-90S, MT-90U, SD-20

Reply 1438 of 1908, by wiretap

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
liqmat wrote:
Reminds me of the mint copy of Krusty's Super Fun House for the PC I found and submitted the DOS version to Moby Games. Here is […]
Show full quote
wiretap wrote:
Got this on the way.. I have a feeling it is somewhat rare, but I'm not sure. Anyone know more about it, or an approximate value […]
Show full quote

VO1FdnSh.jpg

Reminds me of the mint copy of Krusty's Super Fun House for the PC I found and submitted the DOS version to Moby Games. Here is my submission:

I noticed Moby Games does not have scans of the 5¼" floppies nor the manual for the DOS version of your game under cover art. Would you mind scanning and submitting? Thanks.

Yes, hopefully I have some time over this next week to scan everything.

My Github

Reply 1439 of 1908, by wiretap

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
liqmat wrote:
Reminds me of the mint copy of Krusty's Super Fun House for the PC I found and submitted the DOS version to Moby Games. Here is […]
Show full quote

Uploaded HQ scans of the 5.25" disks and manual. It should show up there soon, whenever they approve it. In the mean time, here you go: https://imgur.com/a/M6iHbe3

Also, looks like someone has a copy up on Ebay, without manual/supplements, and the box is damaged. (3.5" version)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Simpsons-Arcade-Game … cL4R~:rk:1:pf:0

My Github