Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 1900 of 1920, by BetaC

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kahenraz wrote on 2024-03-05, 07:08:
If you enjoy Myst, try playing Spaceship Warlock. I played this on my PC, but it was one of the first CD-ROM titles for the Maci […]
Show full quote
BetaC wrote on 2024-03-05, 06:51:

Today I finally got a game for my non-OSX macs. A very important one.

That's right, an original 1993 version of Myst for the Mac. The way it was intended to be played. Someday I'll actually bother with it.

If you enjoy Myst, try playing Spaceship Warlock. I played this on my PC, but it was one of the first CD-ROM titles for the Macintosh and was celebrated as one of the best games you could get for it at the time.

I read a very nice article about it somewhere a long time ago.

Warlock3_0951.jpg

Warlock2_0947.jpg

Warlock1_0940_w2.jpg

It's unclear to me which release is for the Mac, or if it was always the big box release which was for the Mac. I got mine as part of a PC bundle, as a kid. I still have all of these discs, except for "Sprectre VR"; I don't recognize that one before.

s-l1600 (5).jpg

I'll give it a shot sometime. I do enjoy Spectre, though. I was made aware of the SNES version existing earlier today.

ph4ne7-99.png
g32zpm-99.png
0zuv7q-6.png
7y1bp7-6.png

Reply 1901 of 1920, by BloodyCactus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

snagged these two NOS sealed copies of Lost Treasures 1 + 2! I already have all the games (I owned LT1 before and have all other others in other collections), but I've never had a nice sealed treasure 2!

FwIPK0Yh.jpeg

--/\-[ Stu : Bloody Cactus :: [ https://bloodycactus.com :: http://kråketær.com ]-/\--

Reply 1902 of 1920, by Kahenraz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've been watching eBay for these very casually for years, but never find them at a price I was willing to pay for them. They command a very high price, but it's always more than I'm willing to spend. They are nice boxed collections though. Good job on completing the set!

Reply 1903 of 1920, by RandomStranger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
IMG_20240307_202656.jpg
Filename
IMG_20240307_202656.jpg
File size
1.18 MiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

The Road to Rome just slipped out of my hand.

Mafia is a very rare find locally in this early version with the manual included.
The discs are generally alright condition with some minor scratches. All have their manuals.

sreq.png retrogamer-s.png

Reply 1904 of 1920, by Law212

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This came in earlier this week. I contacted Gillian to see if she had any more games left and if she could send me one.
I love that the manual says to go to the website for info on Riana rouge II.

6sYLd6U.jpg
1NGj1xy.jpg
QZLVFoK.jpg

I've never played this before, but I had some time to install it and check it out quickly. I died right away and the death scene was pretty awesome. Cant wait to sit and play the game.

Reply 1905 of 1920, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
BloodyCactus wrote on 2024-03-06, 22:47:
snagged these two NOS sealed copies of Lost Treasures 1 + 2! I already have all the games (I owned LT1 before and have all other […]
Show full quote

snagged these two NOS sealed copies of Lost Treasures 1 + 2! I already have all the games (I owned LT1 before and have all other others in other collections), but I've never had a nice sealed treasure 2!

FwIPK0Yh.jpeg

I actually ordered those online from official source when current some nearly 2 decades back, got a somewhat boring "white label" looking CD case, no big box.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 1906 of 1920, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Picked up The Software Toolworks CD GAME PACK II, for pocket change... it was just the CD holder and disk so nothing much to see, MobyGames page is not terribly informative, so check the back cover image for best idea...
https://www.mobygames.com/game/32213/the-soft … pack-ii/covers/

Theoretically some fun games for my XT class portables without having the CGA versions stripped like many later budget releases. ... assuming I don't have trouble bundling them onto 360k/720k floppies to get them on them.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 1907 of 1920, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Not retro games at all, but one of them are extremely expensive for some crazy and strange reason. So...
I have had this eBay add on my watchlist for some time now, with a bundle of 5 Xbox One games. And today the prices were slashed to 15 Euro.
The bundle contains: Rare Replay (not in my interrest), Lego City Undercover (not in my interrest), Halo5 (I personally dislike all Halo games the strongest), Forza Motorsport 6 and Forza Motorsport 7.

I love all Forza and Gran Turismo games, except for the two first in each series (I Universally dislike F1, F2, GT1 and GT2). But I bought Forza7, for freaking 15 Euro, and that is not bad. I see the other 4 as free games.
Also, Forza6 have this strange sticker on it. There are "Employee Sale" written on the sticker it self. I have never heard about something like that.

Basically... YES. I got F7 on English. The ones mostly for sale here in Europe, are German language. And, yeah, sorrry Germans. But I only do games in English.
I just find it wierd to play a game in German. Even games in Danish is something I strongly dislike. It just feel's very very very wrong, for some strange and bizarre reason.

Seller's picture......

games.jpg
Filename
games.jpg
File size
409.97 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 1908 of 1920, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
STX wrote on 2023-09-25, 03:39:

I'm making fun of myself.
search-ebay-for-more-used-games.jpg

I only collect the series that I like.... Mostly just DOA, Virtua Fighter, Forza Motorsport (and absolutely no horizon), Gran Turismo and Ace Combat.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 1910 of 1920, by BetaC

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Joakim wrote on 2024-03-29, 20:09:

Maybe not bought, but I found a cd with Dark Forces (1) at my parents house. Don't think I ever played that game tbh. Will be fun to try it on my pentium 1.

If you can get in to it, it's incredibly fun. The levels feel a bit more like a real location than doom, but are varied enough to not get old. Just look out for the Gran who throw grenades.

ph4ne7-99.png
g32zpm-99.png
0zuv7q-6.png
7y1bp7-6.png

Reply 1911 of 1920, by Joakim

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A couple of games. Mostly rereleases. I was most happy with heroes iii and Elite force. I always wanted to give them a chance. The gray cd is age of empires 2.

IMG_20240403_204748__01.jpg
Filename
IMG_20240403_204748__01.jpg
File size
1.42 MiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Reply 1913 of 1920, by Joakim

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kahenraz wrote on 2024-04-04, 01:47:

Printing any Age of Empires box art in black and white is a crime.

Yeah I think it's some version that came with a new computer. Strange with the authenticity badge. Maybe a Microsoft thing.

Reply 1914 of 1920, by acl

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I bought some games in the last 6 month and I just batch cleaned them this evening.

IMG_20240426_000730.jpg
Filename
IMG_20240426_000730.jpg
File size
908.5 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

There is a StarCraft battle chest (unfortunately without the strategy books)

Barbie Fashion designer (with the special fabric/paper to print doll clothes for real 😄)

Warcraft 2 + expansion (no manuals)

Rebel Assault 1 (just the CD) and the 2 (boxed)

StarWars Rebellion

StarWars X-Wing vs Tie fighter

Lords of Magic

Conflict freespace : the great war (titled Descent: FreeSpace outside of europe)

F-16 Fighting falcon

Empire Earth

Borderlands (which surprisingly includes a real manual)

"Hello, my friend. Stay awhile and listen..."
My collection (not up to date)

Reply 1915 of 1920, by Sombrero

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
acl wrote on 2024-04-25, 22:20:
I bought some games in the last 6 month and I just batch cleaned them this evening. […]
Show full quote

I bought some games in the last 6 month and I just batch cleaned them this evening.

Barbie Fashion designer (with the special fabric/paper to print doll clothes for real 😄)
Conflict freespace : the great war (titled Descent: FreeSpace outside of europe)

Spot the night when drinking while eBaying got out of hand 😆

Reply 1916 of 1920, by acl

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Sombrero wrote on Yesterday, 04:36:
I bought some games in the last 6 month and I just batch cleaned them this evening. […]
Show full quote

Haha ! If only !

The truth is that this Barbie game was part of a lot. But it's an interesting game anyway !
The game allow the player to customize doll clothes and then it renders the result in 3d (which is impressive for 1996 !) and allow to print them on fabric.

It is also a very historically significant game because it was the first successful game made specifically for girls.
It is well documented : The untold history of Barbie Fashion Designer, the first mass-market ‘game for girls’ (https://www.polygon.com/23776996/barbie-fashi … d-story-history)
It is considered for the Video Game Hall of Fame probably for that reason : https://www.polygon.com/23711127/video-game-h … -the-last-of-us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9Y1tdwKDiM

The commercial says "Computers are cool for girls". While this is obvious today that computers are for everyone, that was not commonplace in 96.

So yeah, i kind of like this game !

Reply 1917 of 1920, by chrismeyer6

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
acl wrote on Yesterday, 08:04:
Haha ! If only ! […]
Show full quote
Sombrero wrote on Yesterday, 04:36:
Show full quote

Haha ! If only !

The truth is that this Barbie game was part of a lot. But it's an interesting game anyway !
The game allow the player to customize doll clothes and then it renders the result in 3d (which is impressive for 1996 !) and allow to print them on fabric.

It is also a very historically significant game because it was the first successful game made specifically for girls.
It is well documented : The untold history of Barbie Fashion Designer, the first mass-market ‘game for girls’ (https://www.polygon.com/23776996/barbie-fashi … d-story-history)
It is considered for the Video Game Hall of Fame probably for that reason : https://www.polygon.com/23711127/video-game-h … -the-last-of-us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9Y1tdwKDiM

The commercial says "Computers are cool for girls". While this is obvious today that computers are for everyone, that was not commonplace in 96.

So yeah, i kind of like this game !

My younger sisters had that Barbie game and they loved how they can make clothes for their dolls. It was a very impressive piece of software for it's time.

Reply 1918 of 1920, by gerry

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
chrismeyer6 wrote on Yesterday, 12:01:

My younger sisters had that Barbie game and they loved how they can make clothes for their dolls. It was a very impressive piece of software for it's time.

When focussed on FPS, RTS, RPG and other games we can forget that in the game dev world there could be just as much skill and innovation in the kinds of games often seen as uncool or 'for kids' or whatever. in that sense when such a title turns up in a lot its not a waste, more like an oddity / bonus, kind of ineresting

Reply 1919 of 1920, by acl

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
gerry wrote on Yesterday, 14:39:

When focussed on FPS, RTS, RPG and other games we can forget that in the game dev world there could be just as much skill and innovation in the kinds of games often seen as uncool or 'for kids' or whatever. in that sense when such a title turns up in a lot its not a waste, more like an oddity / bonus, kind of ineresting

chrismeyer6 wrote on Yesterday, 12:01:

I think that the 3d was pre-rendered (completely ? partially ?) but that was clever as most 96 computers could not compute realtime 3d graphics (and i'm not even talking about the moving fabric physics)