Common searches

Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 580 of 1954, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

awesome Carlos 😀 just remember to remove batteries etc that can leak and kill stuff 😀
meh, it makes me kind of sad you'll move... but I bet the retro-virus will get you in the UK as well, I give you a couple of months before you begin pondering a retro build in your new house 🤣 🤣 🤣

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 582 of 1954, by bjt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Never seen a retro PC shop here 🤣 consoles perhaps.

British people don't like throwing working things away (at least that's what I like to believe) so there's some interesting computer things that pop up on eBay and at car boot sales from time to time.

Amibay.com has a fairly active British contingent although it tends to be more Amiga/8-bit computer based than PC.

Reply 584 of 1954, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I got the Interplay 10th Anniversary and 15th Anniversary collections. The 10th Anniversary is boxed, but the box is poor condition. It has Wasteland in it, so I figured that's probably the cheapest way I'm going to get a legal copy of that game so I went for it. The 15th Anniversary was not boxed, but has all the CD ROM's in the original cardboard sleeves. That collection comes with Fallout as the centerpiece. Like Wasteland, that is also insanely expensive to buy as a stand alone game. I was particularly curious about Wasteland since many gamers have dubbed it "Fallout, 1986". I would like to see if there is any resemblance between the two. I know Wasteland has graphics closer to the early Ultima games, but it is 1986 when it was released so I'm not expecting anything too sophisticated. I'm basically going to be looking for any elements that may have been carried forward to Fallout.

Reply 586 of 1954, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
bjt wrote:

Wasteland & Fallout are available on GOG for a few dollars but fully appreciate that it's not the same as a physical copy.

Yes, but there are also other games with the collections. 15th Anniversary has Redneck Rampage, Shattered Steel, Virtual Pool, Battle Chess, Whiplash, Norse By Norse West, Conquest of the New World Deluxe, M.A.X., Descent, Solitaire Deluxe, Castles II, Fallout, Stonekeep, Beat The House, and Dragon Wars.

10th Anniversary contains: Mind Shadow, Tass Times, Castles, The Bards Tale, Wasteland, Dragon Wars, Battle Chess, Lord of the Rings, Star Trek 25th Anniversary, and Out of this World.

Reply 591 of 1954, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
badmojo wrote:

It got me excited 😊

When I got my boxed Wing Commander, it got me pretty excited, too.

I picked up an Atari game, actually three Atari games, and it's actually for Atari and C64. I got the Paul Norman Adventure Trilogy including Aztec Challenge, Forbidden Forest and Caverns of Khafka. Individually the games are still fairly easy to find, but not the trilogy in one box.

$T2eC16VHJHIFFhj,0IZoBSWwme4o+Q~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16JHJGEFFm%28mN%28jBBSWwnC4kgQ~~60_57.JPG

Reply 592 of 1954, by dacow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Does this count in the games section? Had a $10 BIN so I thought why not:

J46pCFVm.jpg Aj65WYum.jpg pNN1tWIm.jpg

I'm fairly sure I don't remember seeing this back in the days but bundling a utility with games is such an odd concept these days!

Reply 593 of 1954, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ indeed , nice find!
and the trilogy above looks great too 😁

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 595 of 1954, by dacow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Another game that I had during my childhood. Never actually got out of Purgatory when I was a kid too hard for me 😀 , so if I get some time I really want to play it through.

KBpIomfm.jpg?1 qoyKPELm.jpg?1

Reply 596 of 1954, by Solarstorm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

My backer version of BS5 has arrived.
1nhSKK5l.jpg
Haven't played it yet, but i also got the digital version, so i can leave the game sealed. 😁

My YouTube Channel

Reply 597 of 1954, by sirlemonhead

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You're making me regret my decision to back Broken Age instead of Broken Sword even more now. A great game and that bundle looks awesome 🙁

Reply 598 of 1954, by dacow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I saw this cheap copy of TMNT which I've never seen before here in Oz. The version we got released was from Ultra in a blackbox so I picked this one up just for fun sake.
b559lnpm.jpg?2 EiJN5s2m.jpg?1 C15fCo8m.jpg?1

And I actually didn't own WC2 so I thought I'd go buy one of those too

ItuQIxdm.jpg

Reply 599 of 1954, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Cowabunga dude, I've been watching the original Turtles episodes with my daughters and they still rock. They're actually really good natured and very careful with the violence they portray, but remember all that whoo-ha they caused back in the day?

Pity the special limited edition badge wasn't included!

Check this out for more Turtleness: http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com.au/2010/0 … tles-mania.html

Life? Don't talk to me about life.