VOGONS

Common searches

Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 941 of 1949, by GoblinUpTheRoad

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Four games this week, Man Hunter 1 & 2, American McGee's Alice and Yoda Stories. Yoda is still factory sealed too.

yoda.alice.jpg
Filename
yoda.alice.jpg
File size
172.44 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 943 of 1949, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Bought Dino Eggs: Rebirth. This is a remake of the the original Apple II/C64 version, by the original programmer. 😀

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 944 of 1949, by BSA Starfire

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
clueless1 wrote:

Bought Dino Eggs: Rebirth. This is a remake of the the original Apple II/C64 version, by the original programmer. 😀

I'm sure I played that game in the 80's on BBC or Acorn. Tempted to buy this, but often nostalgia from that far away is not all it could be.

286 20MHz,1MB RAM,Trident 8900B 1MB, Conner CFA-170A.SB 1350B
386SX 33MHz,ULSI 387,4MB Ram,OAK OTI077 1MB. Seagate ST1144A, MS WSS audio
Amstrad PC 9486i, DX/2 66, 16 MB RAM, Cirrus SVGA,Win 95,SB 16
Cyrix MII 333,128MB,SiS 6326 H0 rev,ESS 1869,Win ME

Reply 945 of 1949, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
BSA Starfire wrote:
clueless1 wrote:

I'm sure I played that game in the 80's on BBC or Acorn. Tempted to buy this, but often nostalgia from that far away is not all it could be.

It's my all-time favorite on the Apple II. You can play the original free through an emulator. I still play it on AppleWin fairly frequently. I just bought it to support the programmer because of how much I enjoyed the original over the years. 😀 He actually kept a lot of the flavor. Some of the sounds are identical, many are improved. My first impression: pretty cheesy, but faithful to the original and fun.

Reply 949 of 1949, by bjt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Been waiting to get this one at a reasonable price.

4JncTOQl.jpg

So much concentrated awesome here! I think this is pretty much it on the LucasArts front for me. Rebel Assault I & II are on another shelf. I'm not really interested in the newer Lucas stuff. Missing Maniac Mansion and Zak, but I can't stomach the crazy prices for those. Have them in the Classic Collection anyway. I wasn't even planning to get Loom but it came in a bundle. Can see myself passing these on to my kids... who will probably eBay them at first opportunity 🤣

wJoM6Kbl.jpg

Reply 950 of 1949, by JidaiGeki

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bjt wrote:
So much concentrated awesome here! I think this is pretty much it on the LucasArts front for me. Rebel Assault I & II are on ano […]
Show full quote

So much concentrated awesome here! I think this is pretty much it on the LucasArts front for me. Rebel Assault I & II are on another shelf. I'm not really interested in the newer Lucas stuff. Missing Maniac Mansion and Zak, but I can't stomach the crazy prices for those. Have them in the Classic Collection anyway. I wasn't even planning to get Loom but it came in a bundle. Can see myself passing these on to my kids... who will probably eBay them at first opportunity 🤣

wJoM6Kbl.jpg

🤣 yeah I need to do some estate planning here too ... I think the wife will take a lower cost option than eBay 😵

What's left on the wishlist? You have a very nice stream of games in this thread 😉

Reply 954 of 1949, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
beigemore wrote:

I really want to pick up a copy of The Dig. I always come across random clips of it and am trying to not ruin the story for myself. Looks awesome.

It's on sale at gog.com right now. You can play it in ScummVM now, then when you come across a boxed copy, pick it up and play it again.

BTW, the gog.com version can be copied to CD and played in a real DOS machine.

Reply 955 of 1949, by bjt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

£2.67 inc postage from the US. Amazon Marketplace has some amazing bargains sometimes.
xHyeUKrm.jpg

This one could well be my find of the year. I was looking for a boxed Dune but didn't expect to get this one!
n4QV894m.jpg
31BPtjnm.jpg
qHo1BIxm.jpg
CxknPxfm.jpg

Couple of others from the same seller
KlGN7lrm.jpg

Reply 956 of 1949, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Holy cow that boxed Dune is amazing! I've found a couple of hard-to-find games on amazon over the years - most memorable was a big box copy of Stunts - so it's defs worth a look. Sellers often don't include pics so you're just going off the description, but they haven't let me down (yet).

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 957 of 1949, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just bought this game for 10$!

I know it's a terrible game, probably one of the worst FPS games I've ever played honestly but I had to have it because... well... shatner of course and because it's one of the first games to utilize Ken Silverman's Build Engine. 🤣

dsc05810_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-da0taed.jpg

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!