Topic actions

Reply 4440 of 52876, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
mwdmeyer wrote:

From borgie03? 😁

I missed one of his V3 3000 PCIs which would have been nice, hard to get...

Yup 😀

It's not often that such products appear locally. And I don't see them getting any cheaper...

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 4442 of 52876, by archsan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

Had a "you only live once" moment yesterday and purchased a V4 4500 and V5 5500 off eBay Australia from a fellow VOGONS member 😊

Congrats! 😀

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."—Arthur C. Clarke
"No way. Installing the drivers on these things always gives me a headache."—Guybrush Threepwood (on cutting-edge voodoo technology)

Reply 4443 of 52876, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Thanks 😀

I'm very busy currently so it will be a while to play with them. But I will give them a quick testing ASAP and then plan my next project.

I put a minimum bid on a MSI 865PE NEO2-P motherboard and nobody else bid 😀 99 cent + $17 postage. Not too bad.

My YouTube channel

Reply 4444 of 52876, by jwt27

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
keropi wrote:

@jwt27
thanks for the recording , how does it perform in more known doom/duke3d songs?

Duke3D: https://app.box.com/s/ivrf6g1kssbtlool25nk
Doom: https://app.box.com/s/ijkjfjcdd20rj7o25obc
Blood: https://app.box.com/s/qxlp1lnv2p0d19nv4ada

One problem I noticed with this synth, is that it needs a short delay after a patch change message, or else it starts "stuttering" on the first few notes. Most games set up their patches at the start of a new track so it's noticable, but only once (you can hear it in Doom right at the beginning)... But with games that keep changing patches in the middle of a song (Wacky Wheels) it's really annoying.

Also I've been looking through the preset patches in Perform/Patch modes and they're WAY better than the sounds in GM mode. They must have picked the cheesy sounds for GM on purpose 🤣

Got some hardware today as well: a pair of closed headphones (Philips SHL3300) 😀

Reply 4445 of 52876, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ thanks for the uploads!
to me it's clear that the module is better than the generic wavetable daughterboards I've heard... nice addition for some sound variety! 😀
the specs are pretty impressive as well: http://www.roland.com/products/en/JV-1010/ , 64 voice polyphony, 1023 patches... 😎

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 4446 of 52876, by jwt27

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
keropi wrote:

^ thanks for the uploads!
to me it's clear that the module is better than the generic wavetable daughterboards I've heard... nice addition for some sound variety! 😀
the specs are pretty impressive as well: http://www.roland.com/products/en/JV-1010/ , 64 voice polyphony, 1023 patches... 😎

Plus it has space for 128 user-definable patches in memory, so I could just make my own GM patch bank with better sounds 😉
Now if only I had the software to edit it...

Reply 4447 of 52876, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

yes, the specs are pro!
what software does the edit software need to be? a librarian one like Midi Quest for example?

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 4448 of 52876, by jwt27

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
keropi wrote:

yes, the specs are pro!
what software does the edit software need to be? a librarian one like Midi Quest for example?

The cd that originally came with it included a custom version of "Emagic SoundDiver". I got mine from eBay without the disc. Found a copy of it here, so I'm downloading it right now 😀

Might need the serial cable and/or Win9x to use it though...

Reply 4449 of 52876, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ great! I am sure if a serial is needed you can ask the uploader, it's a recent upload luckily and you do own the hardware for it 😊

Reply 4450 of 52876, by Kahenraz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
jwt27 wrote:

Wow! It sounds incredible! I want one! 😀 😀 😀

Of course.. they are expensive. 😒

I don't really know much about synths but some googling around about this unit brought me to a comment that mentioned an editor you can hook up to it to really expand the unit.

http://squest.com/Windows/MidiQuestXL/MidiQuest-About.html

Reply 4451 of 52876, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have ordered three of these motherboards from an online webshop. (as backup for in the future, so i can easilly replace it when its not repairable anymore.)

Asrock Z77 extreme6

1330696350.jpeg

It will replace my asus p5Q3 Deluxe wifi apn motherboard and intel core 2 qx9650 set..

I bought particular this motherboard because of the intergrated floppy drive connector.. It would be ideal for my `retro` everyting games machine till windows xp.
I dont like USB floppy drives, because mostly they are not 100% backwards compatible with the real stuff. An IDE connector I did not necessarily need.

I only have to wait, till it maybe arrive here.

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 4454 of 52876, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Its a clone of something.
I guess the top large one is Crystal 4232, little one on the left being Media Vision Thunder thingy and the one on the bottom I've seen on a different card clone of mine as well. I dont think its OPL because the card i have has a separate one for OPL2.

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 4455 of 52876, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Some more graphics cards 😀

Finally got a V3 🤣

Also can't have enough AGP GeForce 6600GT cards. IMO a fantastic card for a Pentium 4 Northwood build.

rMIIplEl.jpg

My YouTube channel

Reply 4456 of 52876, by bristlehog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Zoltrix Audio Performer is a clone of SB Pro (CT1330). Has dual, though not genuine, OPL2.

Hardware comparisons and game system requirements: https://technical.city

Reply 4457 of 52876, by GeorgeMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

Also can't have enough AGP GeForce 6600GT cards. IMO a fantastic card for a Pentium 4 Northwood build.

I prefer 6800GT's, because they were designed for AGP and don't have the PCI-E --> AGP conversion chip onboard. 😉

Core i7-13700 | 32G DDR4 | Biostar B760M | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 32" AOC 75Hz IPS + 17" DEC CRT 1024x768 @ 85Hz
Win11 + Virtualization => Emudeck @consoles | pcem @DOS~Win95 | Virtualbox @Win98SE & softGPU | VMware @2K&XP | ΕΧΟDΟS

Reply 4458 of 52876, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
GeorgeMan wrote:

I prefer 6800GT's, because they were designed for AGP and don't have the PCI-E --> AGP conversion chip onboard. 😉

Yes but they are much harder to find! And expensive and somewhat more complex. The AGP 6600GT can be found online all the time and for little money. I haven't seen 6800GT for a long time. Not to mention for a good price...

My YouTube channel

Reply 4459 of 52876, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
GeorgeMan wrote:
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

6800 ULTRA! I got lucky and managed to pick up a rare eVGA 6800 Ultra Extreme. They only produced a small run of these and held a lottery to determine who would be allowed to buy one. The one I got was boxed but used and was missing one of the DVI to VGA adapters but those are easy enough to find. It didn't cost too much more than what a regular used in box 6800 Ultra was selling for at the time.

http://www.evga.com/articles/public.asp?aid=188