VOGONS

Common searches

DirectX 10 for XP?

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by TLS_Vigra

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Will there be any way in hell that XP may be able to run DX10?

I wish. I really really do not want to buy Vista. 🙁 🙁 I bet someone will come up with a way of doing it though, how hard could it be?

Reply 2 of 19, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

DirectX 10 is one of the biggest hoax in the gaming world.We've been hearing it for about 2 years now and there is no real difference between dx9 and dx10.DX10.1 will be the real dx10(i hope),even in Crysis you can make the Very High settings(officially only available in Vista and dx10 cards)work using a little trick.So yeah there is no real dx10,it's just bullshit.

Reply 4 of 19, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
F2bnp wrote:

DirectX 10 is one of the biggest hoax in the gaming world.We've been hearing it for about 2 years now and there is no real difference between dx9 and dx10.DX10.1 will be the real dx10(i hope),even in Crysis you can make the Very High settings(officially only available in Vista and dx10 cards)work using a little trick.So yeah there is no real dx10,it's just bullshit.

Am I the only one who thinks that the actual purpose of DirectX 10 is to kill backward compatibility, thus forcing gamers to move to Vista?

Or am I just stating the obvious?

Last edited by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman on 2008-03-03, 07:30. Edited 1 time in total.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 8 of 19, by general_vagueness

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think, theoretically, if enough of us bug them long enough, MS will make a DirectX that's fully backwards compatible. I know it might be hard, but then they're the only ones who can do it because they have all the source.
or is it almost all?
and anyway, it would have been a lot easier if they had been doing that along the way, so to speak; this didn't just happen, there was actually a plan
anyway, someone will definitely come up with a way to do it, but it might take a few months or even a year or two, or three if you want it to be reliable (DOSBox has been it development for, what, 8 years now?), and doing the math
the longest time between versions of Windows is XP --> Vista; 5 years
Vista is a year to a year and a half old (public, business, manufacturers)
3 years + 1 year = 4 years old
5 - 4 = 1
one good year, and that's it, maximum, before they spring a new Windows on you, or at least a new DirectX
the way I see it, unless you pick a specific platform (or platforms) and stick with it (or them) for more than 5 years, compatability is an uphill battle... against space marines... with magic missiles

You cannot fall off the floor.
If you look hard enough, you'll find something you don't like.

How to ask questions the smart way
How to become a hacker
How to answer smart-alec questions

Reply 13 of 19, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
Qbix wrote:

yeah.

Yeah to what? Him being alive, or him being a lazy ass? 😉

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 14 of 19, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
Qbix wrote:

yeah.

I can't believe how someone with such a cute avatar can be so untalkative these days...
(just wanted to comment on the avatar, seems it hasn't been commented on in the last few weeks 😀)

Reply 15 of 19, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hmmm...

Bouncing breasts = good communication skills

which would mean

The bouncier the breasts, the higher the communications skills?

Can't quite follow that logic (unless we're talking about real women, of course) (;

Reply 16 of 19, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I'm male, looking at bouncing breasts and you speak of logic? 😀
(in that regard anyone ever notice how women bounce up and down when they want something? I don't wonder why they do this anymore... 😀)

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 17 of 19, by general_vagueness

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I really don't have anything to say here, so here's the link:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/itdepartment/5b7e/zoom/

How to become a hacker

Reply 18 of 19, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So how many bouncing breasts does it take to make DirectX10 working on XP?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 19 of 19, by general_vagueness

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

how ever many there are on the employees of MS, including man-boobs 😒

How to become a hacker