VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by v0g0ns

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Has anyone gotten these error message when trying ot pay for an item you won on ebay? I just began buying stuff on ebay, and I've been able to pay for certain items, but some others give me that error. Apparently it's a very common problem with accounts from outside the usa. I guess paypal and ebay dont want overseas' people' money.

Rise of the Triad forum

Reply 1 of 14, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I got this before and I think it's a "user" setting in paypal. You can probably set your account in a way that you can't receive money via credit card in paypal. For whatever reason...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 14, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I think so. I'm not sure since I never looked deeper into this, since a) I never setup my account to receive money and b) also have my bank account configured in paypal

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 4 of 14, by v0g0ns

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The seller has been talking to paypal, and they told him to tell me to try again. Didnt work either. Exact stupid error. I guess they dont really want my money. Idiots. BTW, Dominus, where you from?

Rise of the Triad forum

Reply 5 of 14, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

I think it is a limit on the sellers PayPal account. A standard account can only receive a certain number of creditcard payments per 6(?) months. Something like 5 CC-payments.

After that, the seller needs to upgrade his/her PP-account to a Premium(?) account. It costs some small fee, but if s/he wants to receive more CC-payments it is the only option.

Alternatively you have to get an PP-account and pay directly.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 6 of 14, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

i'm from Germany, live in Austria.

Reply 7 of 14, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I think Minimax is correct.
however the amount CC payments on premier/business accounts is something like 3 each year.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 10 of 14, by v0g0ns

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ah, damn, then I guess im screwed. What does leave non-us buyers like me for buying cheap stuff that isnt available in our local stores then?
ps. Ah, austria Dominus, cool place.

Rise of the Triad forum

Reply 11 of 14, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

if possible you could configure your bank account to be used with paypal. Works fine for me

Reply 12 of 14, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Or find a middle-man that you trust. Someone that will accept a CC-payment and will forward the amount to your own PP-account (minus his/her CC-fee).

Reply 14 of 14, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Possibly. See your private inbox.