Common searches

First post, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63328

http://www.amazon.com/DRM-SecuRom-and-Spore-F … asin=B000FKBCX4

Who says gamers can't strike back? Angry at the draconian DRM Electronic Arts has included in the new 'Sim-evolution' title, Spore, Amazon.com readers have posted their own reviews, giving the game an average score of only 1 star. One reader review complaining about the 3-install limit says,

In a couple of years they might very well even shut down the general activation servers, because "it's not financially feasible" to keep them running. What you will be left with is a nice, colorful $50 coaster. And you will be required to pay for another copy/license if you want to continue playing.

This basically means that you are actually RENTING the game, instead of owning it. The game WILL stop to function in the future. That's inevitable, because even if EA keeps the activation servers going, there IS going to be a time when EA will simply cease to exist because of financial issues or federal laws (like most business eventually do).

Right now the game has 45 1-star reviews, 1 4-star review and 1 5-star review. Ouch.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 4 of 10, by Targaff

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Right now the game has 45 1-star reviews, 1 4-star review and 1 5-star review. Ouch.

Right now the 1-star count is at 1,145.

Intel CC820 | PIII 667 | 2x128MB SDRAM | 3Dfx Voodoo 5 5500 @ Dell P790 | Creative SB PCI128 | Fujitsu MPC3064AT 6GB + QUANTUM FIREBALLlct10 10 GB | SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-608 | IOMEGA ZIP 100 | Realtek RTL8139C | Agere Win Modem

Reply 5 of 10, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The funny thing is, spore was cracked a few days before release and is readily available on many torrent sites. This DRM has done nothing but hurt legitimate customers.

I was going to buy this but even disregarding the hoohaa about the DRM... all the online reviews seem to think the game is just not that good. I think I'll save my money for something that I will get more enjoyment out of (like beer or pizza).

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 7 of 10, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm suprised they haven't deleted them yet. If it was Apple it would be a full 5 stars and no bad comments.

Reply 8 of 10, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/3869.page

jpfrostfox […]
Show full quote

jpfrostfox

Multicellular

I and many others here have got some serious questions about the forums, the lack of professionalism, and the need for information that is not being communicated to the users.

Are we not allowed to discuss SecuROM or DRM at all in the forums anymore?

What is the situation with the silent locking and deletion of topics going on? Shouldn't there be a standard?

Is there somewhere in particular this topic should be discussed?

Can we get moderating team leads that communicate with their users?

SecuROM as been discussed and discussed so much and it causes arguments in threads. If you want to talk about DRM SecuROM then please use another fansite forum. If there is any change you will be able to read it on the official Spore site.

Please do not continue to post theses thread or you account may be at risk of banning which in some cases would mean you would need to buy a new copy to play Spore.

Last edited by DosFreak on 2008-09-23, 23:36. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 9 of 10, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

So not only do you have to pay for the game, you also have to behave if you want to play.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 10 of 10, by Moogle!

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yes. God forbid people should have to behave. I can understand someone being upset, but flaming and showing your ass on a forum is not how you deal with it. Return the game, get a refund, and if you feel so inclined, write a letter, a hand written letter, (not a poorly typed email), expressing your displeasure.