VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by abyss

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just get a 7 inch album ELO Street Talking Women but how do I play it on my record player. I have several 12 inch records for it and know how to play them. My record player has an option for 45 rpm speed which is the speed I think the 7 inch albums play at. There is a hole in the middle and I can't put the needle over it as the hole is too big. What do I need to do.

Reply 5 of 14, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

http://www.amazon.com/Plastic-45rpm-Record-Ad … y/dp/B000PJJX5O
http://www.lpgear.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc? … tegory_Code=PTS

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 7 of 14, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Many turntables come with a 45-rpm adapter that you place on/over the small protrusion on which you place a 33-rpm album. You might check your turntable manual or the box that your turntable came in and see if you have misplaced it.

Reply 8 of 14, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The topic is misleading. 'Very big problem' would be something like "my printer is on fire, how do I extinguish the flames? I only have a paperclip, some duct tape, and a Barry Manilow LP". This is more like "how can I avoid using Google?"

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 9 of 14, by Moogle!

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Error: lp0 medium size mismatch

There are very few threads on this board that can't be solved by Google. No where does it say in the description for Milliways that discussion has to be computer related.

Reply 10 of 14, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Moogle! wrote:

Error: lp0 medium size mismatch

There are very few threads on this board that can't be solved by Google. No where does it say in the description for Milliways that discussion has to be computer related.

Sir, abyss is known for having more ramblings than me. And that is a lot.
And his threads makes less sense than my posts can do in the long run.

Reply 11 of 14, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
WolverineDK wrote:

Sir, abyss is known for having more ramblings than me. And that is a lot.
And his threads makes less sense than my posts can do in the long run.

Actually the thread in itself makes sense: asking how to play a certain 7" record on an incompatible turntable.

The way he asked it, however, still makes my head explodes, not to mention the horribly non-descriptive thread title. 😉

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 12 of 14, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Who needs Google? A drafting compass, a sharp knife and a piece of cardboard or similar would suffice.

My site: Ramblings on mostly tech stuff.

Reply 14 of 14, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
abyss wrote:

Wow it worked I can play 45 rpm 7 inch records.

What do you want ? a cookie ? I love LPs, but there are boards where you can get the answer easily without the BS that runs with it here. Heck I even believe that wikipedia could have told you what you were looking for in the "problem".