Accepting PayPal

Then I'd be able to buy all your junk!! 🤣

Reply 1 of 22, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Oha....
I guess everyone uses what is the most convenient for them. Don't complain here, ask the sellers to do that. I had similar problems with people from the us and uk

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 4 of 22, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Qbix wrote:

think of your province holland. That is actually a different country!

yeah, and or Denmark for that matter 😉 it is a complete different country too.

Reply 6 of 22, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
valnar wrote:

Retro - you've been on the hunt for awhile. What are you looking for?

Everything! < 🤣 Mad laughter 🤣 >

Seriously though, any really nice juicy old ISA music sound cards and daughterboards.

Reply 8 of 22, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
retro games 100 wrote:

Shipping items outside of Germany

Actually it's not that difficult to talk the seller to ship abroad, especially when you already have tons of positive feedbacks. I actually managed to convince a German seller to ship his Voodoo5 PCI Mac to Indonesia.

retro games 100 wrote:

Accepting PayPal

Payment, on the other hand, is much more difficult. The reason I didn't buy the Voodoo5 PCI Mac was because the seller only accepts IBAN, and international bank transfer is really PITA and never worth it for small amounts of money.

Actually he almost agreed to accept Western Union money transfer, but he discovered there ain't no Western Union office in his town.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 10 of 22, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Western Union is generally frowned upon in Germany since it is often used for shady transactions...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 11 of 22, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Update: my bank charges a £25 (30 Euro) fee for doing a single IBAN transaction. 😳 Unbelievable. And I've gone and bought an item from ebay.de! 😦

I emailed the seller (in probably poor German language) and asked if I could send cash (Euros) in the post. Hope he doesn't get too angry with me! 😵

Reply 12 of 22, by doomer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What are you trying to buy anyway? 😀

I am sure it's available on ebay.com and <ebay.co.uk>.

More than eighty percent of the sellers there ship worldwide hassle-free and after that it's a one-click 0.01 seconds instantaneous payment with PayPal. Following that, you just relax and wait for the nice sweet product to arrive.

Whatever are you trying to buy? 😀

So far I have been able to find most of the things I need, including beyond rare, long ago oop, ultra-perfect items. 😀

Take a look at ebay.com and ebay.co.uk. 😀 They work.

Reply 13 of 22, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

thought iban transfers weren't very expensive between countries (at least between European countries)

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 14 of 22, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Re: "thought iban transfers weren't very expensive between countries (at least between European countries)"

Unfortunately not for the UK. 🙁 We don't even use the Euro! 😢

("doomer", ebay.de has lots of 486 stuff that no other website sells.)

Reply 15 of 22, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

It is free for my bank. at least that is what I judge from the website. (for a maximum of 50.000 euro)
Not sure if that is standard though in the netherlands.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 16 of 22, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You've just given me an idea! 🤑

I send the money (plus a 20% bonus) to a European Vogons member using PayPal. They then send the money on to the German ebay seller using bank transfer! 😁

Any volunteers please..? 😀

Reply 17 of 22, by Reckless

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I was quoted £12 to send ..... wait for it.... £10 to a German bank! Goddamn stupid world we live in! in the end I sent loose Euros and thankfully they arrived and the seller was honest 😀

Reply 19 of 22, by Reckless

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A common currency would do nothing for money transfer between International banks. The charge is an administration fee to perform the operation not a terrible rate of exchange (although I'm sure that they weren't selling Euro's at a particularly inviting rate!). Perhaps I should blame the UK banking system but I suspect they're not the only ones who practise this scheme.