VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 442, by Spawrage

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Malik you are a GOD!

Thank you so so so so much for your upload!!!

There were some pieces of the SB Pro and SB 16 installs that I could not find ANYWHERE. I have what I need now.

F-ing Awesome!

Reply 24 of 442, by barbarian_brother

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks a lot
I have searched DOS install files for my SB32 (AWE32 value clone) almost everywhere on the web... even Creative Site has no more files for their old hardware...

With your files i will be able to finish the mounting of my old configuration computer for DOS/win9x games : SoundBlaster32, Matrox Mystique, 3DFX Voodoo2, CPU AMD K6-2 350Mhz, 256Mb of PC-100 SDRAM....

Old hardware is easy to find, but the drivers....

Reply 26 of 442, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hey Malik, I just mirrored your mega upload mirror. So if your upload is getting too much traffic , then they can use this mirror instead.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FRGUC3O0

Oh yeah Malik. I am taking NO credit from you, because I am mirroring your upload. Since that is not my intention at all.

Reply 27 of 442, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
WolverineDK wrote:

Hey Malik, I just mirrored your mega upload mirror. So if your upload is getting too much traffic , then they can use this mirror instead.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FRGUC3O0

Oh yeah Malik. I am taking NO credit from you, because I am mirroring your upload. Since that is not my intention at all.

Thanks a bunch, WolverineDK!

This credit must go to you since you have made the effort to create the link to that mirror!

(I've just collected all these from various sites, including the AWE32 disks given by Amigaz. Some are from my own collection.)

I'm just glad that everyone can share all these classic stuff!

Cheers! 😀

P.S. I have updated the link.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 29 of 442, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

To get the AWE64 GOLD going you can get away without having to install the drivers as such.

Just run CTCM.EXE and then AWEUTIL.EXE /S

Both are available from the Creative support site if you ever need them. The packages are called CTCM and SB16 Basic disk.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 30 of 442, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Creative has some kind of DOS support pack on their site that I think includes those. I wanted to get it working in Win98 too though.

Plugged my AEW64 Gold into the single ISA slot in my PIII-550 and it isn't detected by Win98. Might not be seated properly. Didn't have time to test or to try installing drivers. May also be because I set PnP OS to No in my BIOS to help get FreeDOS working.

Reply 31 of 442, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi guys, I have just made a new mirror of the driver archive (the old archive is still working)

Here is the new link to the driver archive.

http://www.multiupload.com/I8451K29TY

Reply 32 of 442, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

People, today I got a friendly PM from TheMAN about his obsession when it came to the old drivers too, and he had made a collection too of the old Sound Blaster card drivers, so with no futher ado. Here is another driver collection .

http://www.multiupload.com/BVJ258F7TK

I am going to make a megaupload link of this fucker too in due time.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UCEPZ90W

Last edited by WolverineDK on 2011-02-12, 18:01. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 33 of 442, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That's great, WolverineDK! Thanks for the links! I'll upload the LIVE! CD and AUDIGY 2 ZS CD soon. I saw some people asking for the full installation cds of these.

EDIT : I've updated my link to reflect the new links updated by WolverineDK.

Reply 34 of 442, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Malik wrote:

That's great, WolverineDK! Thanks for the links! I'll upload the LIVE! CD and AUDIGY 2 ZS CD soon. I saw some people asking for the full installation cds of these.

EDIT : I've updated my link to reflect the new links updated by WolverineDK.

Actually since I am a member of multi upload too (not just megaupload), then I think you should add the multi upload link too. Since I uploaded the same package separately , even though multiupload, makes a megaupload mirror.
Cause why I am doing the double work. Is because I do not personally know whether RIAA and the MPAA will go after one or the other upload service in the long run. So I am researching into ways of uploading big files in the long run.

Reply 36 of 442, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You can never have too many mirrors for ancient drivers. I spend a lot of time chasing down broken links in the Wayback Machine in the hopes that they got archived at some point before the hosting sites went down but it makes it a lot easier when there's a repository for them somewhere.

Reply 37 of 442, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

*Upadate* - Uploaded my Audigy 2 ZS Intall+Apps CD. My signature link will take you there. More to come. Cheers!

Edit : Uploaded Live! Installation CD.

Edit 2 : There. Uploaded my AWE32 Installation CD. (CT3990).

I guess that's all.....for now. 😀

Reply 38 of 442, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

A few notes about the recent updates :

1. Compression - I used 7-Zip to compress it to 7z format, using Ultra compression level, for better uploading and downloading experience. For example, the Audigy 2 ZS cd iso size is 565MB. Using Power Archiver 2010's Maximum compression method to zip, I got 468MB. Using the 7z format and 7-zip, I got the 383MB you'll be downloading with.

2. Format - I maintained the .iso format (bin/cue for the AWE32 CD), to make it easier to burn on cds. If you are not having an ISO viewer/program, you can use the 7-zip to view or extract the files directly from the iso/bin format file.

3. AWE32 CD - The cd came with my CT3990. I have forgotten if this is the installer which requires the ICM/CTCM to be loaded first before installation. The floppy install disks (including the Win95 disks) are in my original archives in the link.

4. Mediafire - For those who are looking for the smaller and individual files/images/disks can still download them as such from Mediafire link in my post. I maintained that so that you don't need to download the whole archive to get what you want.

5. Backups - Please make backups of these files. I'm not sure what will happen to the upload sites in few years time. Even Creative themselves have removed the classic drivers from their download sites. Sigh.

There are still more work to be done. I want to re-compile and re-organize these drivers according to the classes - viz. SB, SB Pro, 16, AWE32, etc. Maybe when I'm more free later.

You can download 7-zip from here.

Long Live The Sound Blaster IDE Cards! 😁

Reply 39 of 442, by TheMAN

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You will need to install the CTCM to allow the DOS installer to detect the AWE32 and allow drivers installation.

My driver collection disc includes various rare floppy images that are not in Malik's collection, so if you want everything, I suggest you download mine too. My ISO does NOT have any drivers for the 8-bit cards. It was never my intention to get drivers for those older cards since I never really used or cared about them (my SB 1.5 is just a "museum piece") 😀 Most of the floppy images are in winimage format. If you don't want to use winimage, unzip the imz file first, then use your favorite floppy image tool to recreate the floppy. I included information from the original sticker on the floppy in the image comments, you can use that also for labeling your floppies if you wish.

I encourage any future contributions (from anyone) to be in floppy images rather than just be zipped. This preserves the originality of the disks as much as possible and allows people who lost them to recreate the originals. 😀 When naming the floppy images file names, I also suggest using "disk 1", "disk 2", etc rather than what's on the label themselves for easier sorting purposes. 😀

My drivers ISO also have most of the bundleware that came with all the sound blasters during the 16-bit era... this covers the years 1994 to 1998. I'm pretty sure there's a few missing, so if anyone has the exact original disk for those missing bundleware, please pass them on this way and I will eventually release a fourth and final update. Just like the full driver installs, Creative was never nice to their customers and chose to withhold many of the interesting bundleware (though many are useless garbage, they are still interesting nonetheless) from many of their cards, unless you bought their top of the line card. For the sake of completeness including the very hard to find bundleware was the intention so that all of you get the "full package" and be able to check out what crapware you didn't get because you bought a cheaper card, or more importantly for those of you who lost this stuff and just want it back for nostalgic sakes! 😀

So to reiterate, the ISO mostly have the latest (found at the time I made it in 2008) drivers/utils for the SB16, AWE32, AWE64, and Goldfinch ISA cards... the WB and WB2 "drivers" are also included so that you can actually change the settings on them! I broke my own rule and included drivers for the rare AWE64D cards just for archival purposes (they are even harder to find now), but no other PCI card drivers are on the disc. It's just not possible to fit more things on a CD-ROM, and I chose to keep to only CD because most of the retro systems we use don't/can't use DVD drives.

I'm in the process of making my final and "perfect" collection disc. Suggestions and contributions are greatly appreciated.
and yes, long live the ISA sound blaster cards! 😁