VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 40 of 442, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Malik: I am going to make mirrors of the Sound Blaster AWE32 CT3990 Installation CD and the Audigy 2 ZS Intall+Apps CD and the Sound Blaster Live! Installation CD (damn this is going to take some time), but alas . It is better to share and care, and spreading the love 😀

Reply 41 of 442, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

With no further ado, here are the megaupload and multi upload mirrors of Maliks Sound Blaster AWE32 CT3990 Installation CD

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZJH4ZZKF

http://www.multiupload.com/6FRI8AHST5

Reply 43 of 442, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here are the mirrors of Maliks Sound Blaster Audgy 2 ZS Installation CD

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GKGZD4I2

http://www.multiupload.com/ZJNVVAGSMG

I will do the other ones, a bit later.

Reply 44 of 442, by TheMAN

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I thought I'd never find this again!
CT1779 install disks!!!
ftp://ftp.onsitenj.com/drivers/sound/creative … pro/sb16pro.zip
ignore "disk 4", there isn't one. I test installed in virtualbox without win3.1 installed and it installed perfectly. I checked to make sure all the win3.1 apps were installed and they were. These are the VERY early apps from 1993, which means same stuff as what you got with the SB Pro 1.0. Dr Sbaitso, mmjukebox, etc. No "Ensemble" or Multimedia Deck. Really simple and ugly apps IMO.

I am adding them to my new ISO

Reply 45 of 442, by TheMAN

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

correction, they're CT1730 disks... I can't edit the post, but I got mixed up on the card #s (memory a bit rusty 😀 )
I have the 1995 version CT1779 disks in my ISO... they are imaged off of what I own (yes, I have a rare 1995 version of the CT1779... NEW in box!)

Reply 46 of 442, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Wow! Thanks WolverineDK! And Welcome, TheMAN! Wow! So many updates!! I'll get back with a couple more AWE64 installation CDS, one of which is from my E-MU Creation Studio version.

I'll be back to update the links. ( A bit busy now.. 😁)

(I sent a registration request at Queststudios forum, but haven't got a reply. Perhaps I need to re-send another request. Thought some people there might get what they want from these drivers. Thought of sharing these there too, but ultimately, they have to follow the links via Vogons.)

Wow again! 😁

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 47 of 442, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here are the mirrors of Maliks Sound Blaster Live! Installation CD

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AQXHEFAB

http://www.multiupload.com/1VOX03C6ND

Reply 48 of 442, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Latest Update - 17 Feb 2011 :

Uploaded the Installation CD which came with my E-mu creation studio. And uploaded the Soundfont CD ISO. Enjoy! 😀

(All links and mirrors updated.)

Reply 49 of 442, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Malik: later on (probably some time today Danish/GMT+1 time) I am going to make a mirror of the emu awe64 cd iso. In some ways I feel like I am a part of something underground and illegal, and actually I am not part of anything illegal (as such) with me mirroring the iso files. Cause what we are doing is actually fucking helping other people. So It is ultimately a pretty damn good feeling 😀. Even though it still have a little taste of illegality to it. 😉 That is the only way I can describe it 😁 Or just plain old ancient good karma 😀

Reply 51 of 442, by TheMAN

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I don't see a problem with this because creative were assholes (and still are... remember the audigy fiasco?) and won't let anyone easily get replacement media for ones they lost... or any cheap/free upgrades for that matter

I made major progress with a new version of the collection CD I am working on.... it's still 16-bit sound blasters only... I had to cut the CD audio portion of the disc out and convert them to MP3 instead... this time I was able to rip the AWE32 and AWE64 tracks also... combined they are still about 100mb less than having the 10 CD tracks that are original to the SB16 CD

I hacked the front end menu program that way you can choose most of the programs to be installed... I tested and made it work with NT4 also... you can finally install the apps/utils in NT4 using the newer (1997 or later) AWE64 Win95 install disks... it won't install drivers, just the apps... they Mixer Control displays correctly now too unlike the earlier version just copied and ran in NT
I also included the CT1730 floppies, the OEM floppies (which are very different from the retail ones), and newer versions of EZ-SCSI lite (4.x and 5.0, which were never included with SB16 SCSI-2... but for the sake of allowing better compatibility with the later vintage OS's, I have included these hard to find disks also)

Generic Panasonic CD-ROM drivers are finally added because of how hard they are now to get, MILES drivers are now included also
other additions included the various useful/relevant utils off of the creative BBS/FTP which no longer exist (had to track down mirrors)

There's many other changes I am forgetting... this has taken many edits of the ISO and testing on my vintage (but not really working) machine as well as in virtualbox.... I'm please to say that this disc will become a masterpiece and will be really useful/functional to all 😀 It is close to complete... I am now waiting for additional bundleware from Galahad on quest studios

Also, looking for the CT1750/CT1759 install disks to include if possible... anyone have those or can find it? I found some many years ago from some site... I think it was drivershq, but it was in french... I'm looking for the english version only

Currently, the ISO is 594MB... actual data is 643MB at the time of writing... will get bigger soon... I will pack this with as much crap as I can onto a CD.... it will be way more than 700MB as it will be optimized... many duplicate files will just simply be crosslinked to one location, which has so far saved about 40MB of space

Reply 52 of 442, by TheMAN

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just found even older CT1730 disks, the SBCD disk, old text2speech, and AWE32 PnP disks on this abandonware server... not sure if it's ok to post links to it here... they are all floppy images too! 😁

Reply 53 of 442, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Added AWE64 Installation CD. This is the same version that you see in Queststudios. (The CD label is a custom one that I printed out and sticked on a cd-r.)

@WolverineDK : Well, sharing is caring. 😁
Classic drivers are becoming harder and harder to find now.

@TheMAN : You can upload these rare driver disks to an upload site and provide the links from there. I'll reflect those links. I'll also add them to my mediafire individual files collection and update it.

WolverineDK's Mirrors added and updated.

Reply 54 of 442, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

TheMAN: Remember, if you give me the links in a PM (from the abandonware site), then I will gladly upload the drivers on to the two sites, that I usually upload to. And if an FTP program is needed to download it from a server, then I can probably figure that one out too. And people should I make an iso file of my xfi CDs ? I know some jackass (when I had my audigy) wrote "why bother". And if the member feels offended for me calling him a jackass in my post right now, then I could not care less. But I know for a fact, that my Audigy is having a great life, at my friend´s place in his current pc.

Reply 55 of 442, by TheMAN

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I was referring to the big stink with the Audigy Vista drivers... some dude hacked something together that made it work in Vista and even way better than the official driver came out much later... but creative shut him down

regardless of that, I haven't cared about anything creative ever since they went PCI... their drivers always had issues from what I saw

right now I'm rocking a cheapo dynex dx-sc51 card that uses a via envy24 chip... works in 7 and the latest drivers from via surprisingly has qsound with it too! 😁
I think it is the only newest card that still have a WB header... I have a DB50XG zip tied to it right now (it's bigger than the freaking sound card itself!) and it works great!
Used this tool to switch the MIDI output: http://www.benryves.com/products/vistamidi
I have to say the DB50XG sounds way better than the Roland softsynth that comes with windows... too bad the yamaha softsynth only worked with XP 🙁

Anyway, PM'd you the link wolverine

Reply 57 of 442, by TheMAN

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

there's the audigy and various live iso discs on aleksej's server too... if you know which server I'm talking about 😉
I have the original live discs also... I'm not sure if its the same as what's available... I don't care to look at it right now 😀

Reply 58 of 442, by TheMAN

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I dug out my 2 SB16 CDs since no one is sharing them... one is the older 1995 version that didn't have "iNTERNETed" crapware creative started putting in 1996... the other one is the 1996 version that does not have inspire and the later crapware

I am ripping them now
I also found my IDE drivers disk that I bought with the 1995 SB16 disk and VoiceAssist... I never imaged the drivers disk, and the disk is marginal now... I barely was able to rip it... I had CRC errors and I had to kept retrying to get it go through... they're useless now as there are newer drivers, but good for collection nonetheless 😀

Reply 59 of 442, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There! The end of my CD uploads. Audigy Installlation CD uploaded, and the links updated.

No more CDs from me, for now.

I'll update the files once I can lay my hands on more rare disks and drivers.

@TheMAN : I hope you can unearth more rare treasures! 😁 (I'll update my links if you can get some more files.)

I hope everyone can make use of these files!

A BIG THANKS to WolverineDK for making the mirrors!! 😀

Cheers!