VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 440 of 442, by DataPro

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks @jclampy for posting the CT-VOICE.DRV

I am trying to make Innocent until caught play with SB sound and MT32 music and I hope this will help.
I read many things about how to make it work with DOSBox but I didn't succeed to have sound with something other than Adlib on a real machine.
I got a Pentium 166Mhz 112Mo RAM and AWE64 with Roland MT32 on Midi Out 330

I will try this driver and tell you if it works.

HP Vectra 562 P166Mhz/256Ko L2 cache/Triton 430FX - 112Mo RAM - 2x 32Go+64Go CF Card - Matrox G2 8Mo - SB AWE64 ISA (PnP) + Roland MT-32 & M-GS64 (SC-88) & JV-1010 - Nec USB 2.0 PCI - Promise Ultra100 TX2 - Hama multicard reader

Reply 441 of 442, by DataPro

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The driver is not rejected by Innocent until caught but I have only adlid music and no digi-sound when the spaceship is landing (I checked on a youtube video).
If I remove the adlib driver, the game don't work. I heard only adlib music but the game launch with blaster parameters.
It's the same if the CT-VOICE.DRV is in C:\DRV or in C:\DOS\INNOCENT\DRV
I know the game finds the CT-VOICE?.DRV because if I remove it, I have the error message.

I really don't know why I can't have digisound or/and MT-32

HP Vectra 562 P166Mhz/256Ko L2 cache/Triton 430FX - 112Mo RAM - 2x 32Go+64Go CF Card - Matrox G2 8Mo - SB AWE64 ISA (PnP) + Roland MT-32 & M-GS64 (SC-88) & JV-1010 - Nec USB 2.0 PCI - Promise Ultra100 TX2 - Hama multicard reader

Reply 442 of 442, by RaoulDukeHST

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, hope you are all well! I am looking for a solution in order to have sound on Win3.1 installed on VirtualBox. I've been looking for it on several sites and found several SB16 drivers but many people comment that it doesn't work on VirtualBox.

However usually they complain about DOS games, and I know that DosBox is the best option for those (because of the Adlib retro compatibility).

The aim of this VM is to play Windows3.1-only games, and test several other programs. If there is no sound on Dos, it's not an issue (I was able to get sound on a Win98 VM, even if Dos remains silent)

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance 😀