VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 21 of 30, by m1919

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've got one of these on the way. Planning on plopping it into a dual P3 Xeon box. Only issue I'm going to have to deal with is the medusa cable...

And flashing my Gateway OEM MS440GX board to an Intel bios, but I don't expect that to give me too much trouble.

Reply 22 of 30, by gwb

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
subhuman@xgtx wrote:
same for you, it's nice to see you here :) […]
Show full quote

same for you, it's nice to see you here 😀

about the i/o plate.. Duuuuuhhh, well.. at least it's something more.. are you sure you can't use these to output normal video?

and WOWZORZ 56 cards? did u mean 5 instead? anyway 5 or 6 that's sick hehe. I personally bought 4 of them just in case someday I happen to have enough parts to build a mercury config with my barton mp rig 😜. If I still have some money after upgrading my main pc maybe I'll buy more... I'm a 16 yo obsessed guy you know 😁

🤣 yeah 56, I figured I get a lot as these are rare. No, you cannot output video through the swaplock conns, but there is a 14 pin port on the card itself which is labeled "vid out." I think it's possible to output video from this, but I haven't had any successful results so far.

Btw I forgot to ask the seller if he could have done at least a little discount at the time of buying them 🙁 maybe next time

Reply 23 of 30, by gwb

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
m1919 wrote:

I've got one of these on the way. Planning on plopping it into a dual P3 Xeon box. Only issue I'm going to have to deal with is the medusa cable...

And flashing my Gateway OEM MS440GX board to an Intel bios, but I don't expect that to give me too much trouble.

I'm having a miserable time getting any of the Q3D drivers to work so far (versions 4.1, 5.1, and 5.5P/M) on Win95, Win98, and WinNT 4.0 /w sp6. Reference V2 drivers work no problem, but I would really like to have the Q3D drivers for the display properties applet. I believe the problem lies with the mobo. I have not tried installing on a PII mobo as of yet

I have a few Medusas left that I am willing to sell.

Reply 24 of 30, by m1919

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
gwb wrote:
m1919 wrote:

I'm having a miserable time getting any of the Q3D drivers to work so far (versions 4.1, 5.1, and 5.5P/M) on Win95, Win98, and WinNT 4.0 /w sp6. Reference V2 drivers work no problem, but I would really like to have the Q3D drivers for the display properties applet. I believe the problem lies with the mobo. I have not tried installing on a PII mobo as of yet

Would I be missing much if I were not able to get the applet working?

Reply 26 of 30, by gwb

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
m1919 wrote:
gwb wrote:
m1919 wrote:

Would I be missing much if I were not able to get the applet working?

The test demo and swaplock settings I believe

Reply 27 of 30, by stano

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Guys,

I purchased a Quantum OBSIDIAN2 SBi (24 MB) PCI Graphic Card with the medusa cable but cannot get any video out of it.
I have connected the primary video card to the medusa's 15 pin cable
then the 26 pin into the obsidian and then the other 15 pin to the monitor cable. I get no boot up bios image or anything else, when that is done.
The pc boots properly as I can here it go through the process of boot up.

I directly plugged the monitor to the primary video card and can see that the quantum card is detected. I even installed the drivers for it and it seemed to be fine. Even the info screen of how much memory is on the card seems right.
However if I plug the monitor into the medusa cable I get no image at all.
Either I am doing something wrong or maybe the cable is bad?
Any help would be appreciated.

Pics are below of the card and cable
IMG_1404.JPG

Reply 28 of 30, by gwb

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

What mobo are you using? I've had trouble using any other mobo than an Intel GX board. Use two monitors, connect your primary VGA directly to the main monitor and the Obsidian w/ the Medusa to the other. You may have issues using Quantum3d drivers on a non GX chipset mobo, so you may have to use reference drivers w/ no Q3D option panel

Reply 29 of 30, by m1919

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
gwb wrote:

What mobo are you using? I've had trouble using any other mobo than an Intel GX board. Use two monitors, connect your primary VGA directly to the main monitor and the Obsidian w/ the Medusa to the other. You may have issues using Quantum3d drivers on a non GX chipset mobo, so you may have to use reference drivers w/ no Q3D option panel

This issue was resolved a while ago, the card he received the first time was DOA.

Crimson Tide - EVGA 1000P2; ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS; 2x E5-2697 v3 14C 3.8 GHz on all cores (All core hack); 64GB Samsung DDR4-2133 ECC
EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3; EVGA 750 Ti SC; Sound Blaster Z