VOGONS

Common searches

The Adventure

Topic actions

First post, by abyss

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've been searching for a dos game called The Adventure. It's a simple rpg game. I can't seem to find it even for purchase.

Reply 1 of 8, by Mike 01Hawk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Where are you located?

Also, can you post a mobygames link? "The Adventure" is too generic.

Dell Optiplex Gxpro: Built solely so I could re-live my SB16 days properly with newly acquired sound pieces: MT-32, SCB-55, and DB50xg 😀

Reply 3 of 8, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Are you sure it's not just "Adventure" (without "the")? That game was also known as "Colossal Cave" and is a simple text adventure that has been found in many versions, like this one. MobyGames has a list of versions.

Reply 6 of 8, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Do you know approximately how old it is, or remember any specific details about it, like the storyline, box art, anything? You really haven't given us much to go on. Only thing that comes to my mind is "The Adventure Collection" put out by Activision(?) in the mid-'90s, although I think that was actually several different games in one...

Reply 7 of 8, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
Kippesoep wrote:

Are you sure it's not just "Adventure" (without "the")? That game was also known as "Colossal Cave" and is a simple text adventure that has been found in many versions, like this one. MobyGames has a list of versions.

Colossal Cave is best played on one of these:

dg3.jpg

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 8 of 8, by abyss

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It's not a rogue like. The story of which I remeber is your a young person who has chosen to be the what you made your character as. You have to choose a fault for the character. Different character types have different faults you can choose and for some reason they have honour as a fault. Other faults in the game like cowardness make sense though. When your character is bleeding you don't have moves before the character dies so you have to use a potion or buy one very quickly. You can kill the civilians in the game. The games uses v as the button to save the game. The game is a newer dos game. I remember playing it on some compliation pack and the game was the full version.