Reply 160 of 165, by Zup
GuillermoXT wrote on 2020-08-10, 18:28:
Do i need win10 or can i copy and run those games on my retro K6 System?
You can use them almost directly, but remember to change the sound card settings.
Jazz Jackrabbit (GoG):
Copy the Jazz Jackrabbit folder without subfolders (use a 8.3 folder name, please). You can use it without changes.
- The game is the CD version of Jazz Jackrabbit, with 9 worlds (floppy disk version had 6), some bonus levels and some xmas themed levels (Holiday Hare).
- The HH95 subfolder contains Holiday Hare 95. This is a demo with xmas themed levels (but different to those included in the "main" game).
- There are some GoG and Dosbox related files you can safely delete. They are: dosbox*.conf, unins*.*, gog*.* and *.lnk
- You can get Jazz Jackrabbit 2 on Gog, but remember that this is not a DOS game, but a Windows 95 one. And, although GoG usually does a good job configuring older games for modern systems, I strongly recommend you to use dgVoodoo and a custom configuration to get the most of this game.
Wacky Wheels (Steam):
Copy the Wacky Wheels folder without subfolders. You can use it without changes.
- There are two dosbox related files you can safely delete. They are wacky.conf and mapper-0.74.map.
- I don't have the GoG version, but I guess it should work on real hardware with minimal changes.
- BTW, you can get Wacky Wheels from 3D Realms site.
All the 3D realms games are expensive... I bought the 3D Realms anthology pack when it was available, and it's a shame that they don't sell it anymore. It may be cheaper and easier to buy a physical edition on a second hand store to get that games.
appiah4 wrote on 2020-08-10, 10:26:
Unfortunately I absolutely hate the way F1 cars look since 2018 so even looking at the screenshots made me want to stab myself in the eye with a blunt spoon.
That halo thing is horrible, and having only the current (at the time) cars is a downside. Although F1 cars usually are not beautiful machines, older cars are prettier.
I wonder if someone could make an addon to remove halos from the cars. It's not like my virtual pilot will get their brains splattered on the road...
BTW, I hate that F1 games are only about "realistic" games (but if they were realistic, you won't be able to win championship using a Force India car). I miss when they were a mixup of realistic and arcadey (like Super Monaco GP) F1 games... realistic racing games are no fun for me.
I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...