VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by redding

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

greetings vogoners,does anyone have a copy of vienna soundfont studio version 2.0 or 2.1???,this usually came bundled with the soundcards but it is near impossible to find,this is the only version besides 1.0 that will run on windows 3.1,the only versions creative has for download are 2.3 and 2.4,why they don't leave all the old software up for download I'll never understand,if anyone has this version of vienna could you post it for download or I can trade you a program or even a piece of vintage hardware you might need,I have over 100 vintage isa soundcards I've collected thru the years along with some really rare dos midi and sampling progs,I'd be greatful to anyone who could help me out,thanks all

Reply 2 of 31, by redding

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ews64 and variants,of course every soundblaster card plus many duplicates,wamibox,gus,turtlebeach pinnacle,to name a few,I'm trying to remember all the wavetable stuff but I have so many other isa soundcards that are just soundcards,I'll have to go thru everything again cause it's been a long while since I have,I think I still may have a covox dac around here somewhere in the attic perhaps along with some serial and parallel port midi boxes from eons ago,I'm kinda a burnout and can't recall everything I still have,sorry for being vague but I'll go thru that stuff this weekend I'm sure I'll be surprised all over again as it's been so long since I've gone thru it all.

Reply 4 of 31, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I can't help you with the standalone versions, but the Version 2.0=>2.1 upgrade files can still be found. There is a mirror of the Creative Public FTP site circa 1999 here:

http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/misc/creative/

The index for the mirror is here:

http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/misc/creative/INDEX

The Win3.1 upgrade is vn2131up.exe , and the Win95 upgrade is vn2195up.exe. Both are available on this page:

http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/misc/creative/creative/patches/

So if you can find a copy of the Version 2.0 app, you will have Version 2.1 as well.

Good luck!

Reply 5 of 31, by redding

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

yes I happen to find those updates on an ftp crawl last night,boy I thought I hit the jackpot 🙁 till I discovered they were the update files,tho like you say if I ever find 2.0 I'll have the update,I can't figure out why the 2.0 exe install is so hard to find,you figure with all the creative stuff on ftp's around the world I would have found it by now 😢 oh well the search continues,btw I'm working on a site were I'm going to post pic's of all the sound and wavetable stuff I got,plus even more importantly programs and drivers,I'm glad I found this site,I feel at home 😀

Reply 7 of 31, by redding

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

just did a quick browse at queststudio site and it looks as tho alot of the same users there as here,I saw the post where someone has the iso images of the awe64 gold disk on an ftp but I can't connect,I've tried several ftp clients but no luck,the post is from last year so perhaps the files are not there anymore 🙁 the awe64gold shipped with vienna 2.0 dubbed the "E-mu production studio"package,I'll continue the search it has to turn up some where.............I hope 😢

Reply 8 of 31, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Have a look at this thread:

Creative Labs Sound Blaster ISA Cards' Drivers Collection (Old Thread)

Odds are Malik had what you are looking for somewhere in that big pile o' stuff.

Reply 10 of 31, by redding

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

well just downloaded the lot and boy what a nice collection of drivers and app's!!!! thanks to malik 😀 but..........in all that still no vienna 2.0 😖 vienna 1.0 is on there along with an update for the zero crossing bug in 1.0,the search continues 😐 thanks everyone!!!!!

Reply 12 of 31, by redding

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

cool!!!!!!! would you be interested in trading for some other progs or somthing,what do you need???or I can just put a whole bunch of stuff up for download I would really appreciate man,that would make my day 😀

Reply 15 of 31, by redding

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

check this link out if you are interested in wavetable stuff,I have the full version of this,it runs in dos and you can use any kind of sb isa card,this is one of the best samplers for pc there is and the only one of it's kind for dos!!
http://www.zelkovaltd.com/DAI/

Reply 17 of 31, by aleksej

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
redding wrote:

just did a quick browse at queststudio site and it looks as tho alot of the same users there as here,I saw the post where someone has the iso images of the awe64 gold disk on an ftp but I can't connect,I've tried several ftp clients but no luck,the post is from last year so perhaps the files are not there anymore 🙁 the awe64gold shipped with vienna 2.0 dubbed the "E-mu production studio"package,I'll continue the search it has to turn up some where.............I hope 😢

Seems you talk about my *ftp*. It works now (as always actually).
ftp://78.153.157.21/iso/

Reply 19 of 31, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

aleksej could you please wait a bit until redding tell us what cards he have got before he disappears. Unless of course you aready have ct-1310 and are willing to provide its picture and DSP version number 😉

And maybe he has innovation or sound master or any other rare card we would like to see/know something about.