VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 31, by redding

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

oh do not worry I'm not going anywere 😀 I still have to unpack all the cards from out of the attic (the computer graveyard),it is full of stuff thats been piling up for the last 30 years give me a little bit of time and I'm sure I can find that card,on another note about the ftp,excuse me for my stupidity but is there somthing I'm doing wrong?I'm copying the address into an ftp client but I'm still not getting a connection,I've tried a few different ftp programs but none are connecting,is there somthing else I need to do aleksej???

Reply 21 of 31, by redding

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

please excuse my stupidity but is there somthing I'm doing wrong when trying to download the image from ftp??,I'm copy and paste the address into several ftp programs but still no connection,I'm sure it's my bad,whats the right way to download ftp???thanks

Reply 24 of 31, by aleksej

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

And yes, that E-mu creation studio CD i checked right now. It contains a bunch of software for Windows 3.1 in WIN31 folder. Here is Vienna Studio v2.1 16-bit for Windows 3.1 too. 😀
All in standard for those days, Creative's DOS-only installation with PVL packages. 😖

Reply 25 of 31, by redding

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hey thanks a lot man 😀 total commander worked like a charm 😁 I did'nt realize this was the same total commander I use to use in dos years ago,I did'nt think it was still around,that 16 bit version of vienna is nowhere to be found as far as googling goes,your a life saver,btw-is the ftp site where you have your files hosted a free service?I really need to get my shit together and put all the software I've collected over the last 20 some years out there so other people can put it to some use,it's gonna take a week or two just to catalogue everything I got,are you a musician??? or a vintage game/hardware guy or both??,I have some real cool dos music stuff like multi-track software that runs in dos(I still use it as my main means of multitracking)I put up a link in one of the previous messages in this thread with a link to the space station pro sampler for dos,it uses the sb exclusivley and is one of the best software samplers ever made imo,it came out back in the 90's but it never got much notice,I really need to put all this stuff out there,I'm going to get some of the pictures up of the sb 1.0,I did'nt realize it when robertmo was asking if I had any that those are the 8 bit cards,I used to have a few of those but they may be long gone since they were not much use for recording,I probably put stuff like that in old computers for my mum to sell at the flea market but I still may have one of thos gameblasters with the thumbwheel volume control on it!!!!!!!!!,thanks again for making this stuff available for everyone,your the man.

Reply 26 of 31, by aleksej

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
redding wrote:

...is the ftp site where you have your files hosted a free service?

This is my own home ftp server. Works almost all the time, 24/7.

redding wrote:

...are you a musician??? or a vintage game/hardware guy or both??

Vintage game/hardware guy. 😁

Reply 27 of 31, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I did buy the E-mu creation studio package, ( a new one actually) and still have all the discs which came with it. Lemme know if you still need any files from them. I have the 8MB GM patch which came on the sf cd, but that's all I can pump out of my AWE64 Gold. Using my trusty AWE32 with 28MB now.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 28 of 31, by redding

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hey thanks malik,your driver collection is extensive to say the least!,the dos exe "intelligent fm organ"is neat,thats the first time I;ve seen that one,the vogons community has inspired me to catalogue all the obsolete progs and drivers I have and put them out there,everyday it seems like stuff that used to be available (albeit on a scarce basis)on the internet is dissapearing fast,I have a love for old electronics in general and all the early hardware and software for computers is no different,now is the time to collect it while people are still sending it to the dump,every trip I make to the landfill I seem to bring more back than I take 😁 as soon as I get it all togeher I'm going to host it some where and put up the link here as well as as many other places that I can,thanks again.

Reply 30 of 31, by aleksej

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Malik wrote:

I did buy the E-mu creation studio package, ( a new one actually) and still have all the discs which came with it. Lemme know if you still need any files from them. I have the 8MB GM patch which came on the sf cd, but that's all I can pump out of my AWE64 Gold.

Both CDs which comes with E-mu Creation Studio package already lies on my f.t.p.
ftp://78.153.157.21/iso/e-mu_creation_studio[iso].rar
ftp://78.153.157.21/iso/awe64gold_sound ... m[iso].rar

Reply 31 of 31, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
aleksej wrote:
Both CDs which comes with E-mu Creation Studio package already lies on my f.t.p. ftp://78.153.157.21/iso/e-mu_creation_studio[is […]
Show full quote
Malik wrote:

I did buy the E-mu creation studio package, ( a new one actually) and still have all the discs which came with it. Lemme know if you still need any files from them. I have the 8MB GM patch which came on the sf cd, but that's all I can pump out of my AWE64 Gold.

Both CDs which comes with E-mu Creation Studio package already lies on my f.t.p.
ftp://78.153.157.21/iso/e-mu_creation_studio[iso].rar
ftp://78.153.157.21/iso/awe64gold_sound ... m[iso].rar

Heh, you rock, aleksej! 😀

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers