VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Does anyone have the CH Pro Throttle with the older gameport interface? Not the newer USB one. And wants to sell it?

To complement my Jane's Combat Stick.

Tried for sometime in ebay in vain.

If it's available locally, at any used store somewhere, I'll be glad to make up the cost for anyone who can buy and send it to me.

Will pay via Paypal.

A big thanks to all in advance! (Yeah, I want it! I need it! It's a matter of life and death! 😁)

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 1 of 5, by Lenzoid

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I've ebayed myself an old Combatstick + Pro Throttle (both gameport) and the Throttle (which is daisy-chained before the stick) some weeks ago. But it the combo won't work with the Standard "CH Analog" driver. In XP, the stick is detected, but with the Throttle before it, many keys of the stick don't work anymore. In Win98, the stick isnt detectable at all. So I ask myself, if you are completely sure of what you're doing and if you have the real drivers for the throttle.

The last option is to modify the throttle to a different usb interface. But I don't think I will do that...

Reply 2 of 5, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi! I hope this helps a bit :

CH Products Gameport Driver

From the included Readme file wrote:
CH Gameport Device Drivers Windows 98, Windows 2000, and Windows XP Version 1.00 Installation Notes […]
Show full quote

CH Gameport Device Drivers
Windows 98, Windows 2000, and Windows XP
Version 1.00
Installation Notes

x................(EULA-truncated)...................x

Installation
============
This disk contains all the files necessary to install the Windows drivers for your CH Gameport Devices under Windows 98, Windows 98SE, Windows ME, Windows 2000, and Windows XP. To install the drivers, click the "Start" button in the lower left corner of the Windows screen, select the "Run" option, and "Browse" your way to the Setup.exe file on the distribution disk. Highlight Setup.exe, click "Open", then click "Okay". The installation will begin, simply follow the prompts to finish the installation.

Important Notes
---------------
1. Under Windows 2000 and Windows XP, you must be logged in as the system administrator to do the installation. Your current "User" must belong to the "Admin" group.

2. You may receive messages telling you that the drivers are not signed by Microsoft. To install the drivers, you must choose to ignore this message and install anyway.

3. These drivers provide basic analog support only. They do not provide programmability for the keyboard-connected devices nor do they provide any Force Feedback capabilities for the Force FX.

Setup
=====
Once the installation is complete, you will need to run the Windows Game Controllers applet to set your controller up for Windows. Be sure to consult the Users' Guide for information on how to do this before you start. The Users' Guide will be installed along with the drivers, to access it after the installer has run click the "Start" button, then "Programs". Select "CH Products->Gameport Devices->Users' Guide. It's a regular Windows Help File and should open automatically.

Tech Support
============
If there are any problems with installation submit your inquiry to our technical support E-mail page at:

http://www.chproducts.com/support/form/index.html

Please include the version of Windows that you are running as well as the type of CH device you are using.

Attachments

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 4 of 5, by Lenzoid

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi! I hope this helps a bit :

I've read all these info man and I've installed it properly. The problem is, that this chanlg driver doesnt really support the Pro Throttle (or just very basic support) and the user is advised to use the original drivers that were shipped with the device, which in my case don't exist or where not shipped with it. 🤣
I've read a thread at the CH Hangar where a guy states the exact same problem, and solves it through re-installation from scratch etc, but he isn't sure what he exactly did.

From the CH Gameport devices User's Guide - Supported devices

The drivers support 15 CH Gameport Devices. The devices include: […]
Show full quote

The drivers support 15 CH Gameport Devices. The devices include:

CH CombatStick
CH F16 FlightStick
CH FighterStick
CH FlightSim Yoke PC
CH FlightStick Pro
CH FlightStick
CH Force FX
CH GamePad
CH GameStick 14
CH GameStick 3D
CH GameStick
CH ProPedals
CH Racing Wheel
CH Virtual Pilot Pro
CH Virtual Pilot

Devices which are compatible with rudder pedals will automatically detect them when the device is setup in Windows.

The drivers only provide minimal analog support for the CH FighterStick and the CH Force FX. They will show up as plain analog controllers, but there is no programming available nor are force feedback effects supported. There is no support for the CH Throttles. In some cases, a device can be plugged in to them and they will provide a standard throttle axis, but they are not programmable and the buttons are non-functional. These entries were primarily designed to provide some minimal functionality in Windows XP and Windows 2000 where they would otherwise be unusable. For Windows 98 and it's variations, the appropriate Windows 98 drivers and utilities for these devices should be used for full functionality.

I guess the "easiest" way for me is to install a cheap USB interface into the throttle, so that drivers wont be no problem anymore. But this method brings up another problem, because with the new usb interface you have a non CH products device in windows and you can't program it thru the CH software. The 10k buttons on the throttle can be reprogrammed externally through Joy-to-key for example but I'm worrying about the throttle axis which is on a whole different device then.

Reply 5 of 5, by ih8registrations

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The flightstick and virtualpilot pro are regular pots joysticks with a crude solution of button combinations for extra buttons. If you press two or more of the standard buttons at once you get one of the ch defined auxiliary buttons.