VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by starglider

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Finally got this game working well in DOSBox 0.73, but now I'm stuck! I'm on the level where you have to go to the harbour (Level 3 I think), however, I find some water and not much else! I think I've looked in just about every building and every square inch of that level, but none the wiser on where to do next!

Can anyone help me at all??!?

Reply 3 of 8, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Once, I got stuck at a level near the harbour too. I could not find any help on the net at that time.

After a long time, ( I mean REALLY long), I found the solution.
It seems that there is a tall beam on top of one of the buildings. You have to throw a grenade at the base of the beam to make it fall and lean over another building, thus, making a bridge to cross over to that building.

I'm not so sure if this is the level you're speaking about. Anyway, you've completed the level. Good!

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 4 of 8, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Malik wrote:

Once, I got stuck at a level near the harbour too. I could not find any help on the net at that time.

It seems that there is a tall beam on top of one of the buildings. You have to throw a grenade at the base of the beam to make it fall and lean over another building, thus, making a bridge to cross over to that buildin

Hehe! Yeah I remember that bit. Begin SPOILER -->> You can also whack the base of that pole with your baton (weapon 1) a couple of times to make it topple over to form the bridge, rather than use up "precious" ammo such as a grenade. <<-- End SPOILER.

Reply 5 of 8, by starglider

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Malik wrote:
Once, I got stuck at a level near the harbour too. I could not find any help on the net at that time. […]
Show full quote

It seems that there is a tall beam on top of one of the buildings. You have to throw a grenade at the base of the beam to make it fall and lean over another building, thus, making a bridge to cross over to that building.

I'm not so sure if this is the level you're speaking about. Anyway, you've completed the level. Good!

Oooh, no not that level (although I know what you mean - that was a bugger too!). The one you'r referring to is the one where you have to get into the Cyberdyne building. The one I mean is a couple of levels on from that, where you have to find the submarine. The game tells you to go west, but when you do, all you see is some water and a tunnel entrance you can't get to.

[spoiler]only after looking around for hours did I realise you had to go into the building and activate a machine with a girder on it, to smash a wall open. But obviously in those <ahem>high resolution graphics days, it's not exactly clear![/spoiler]

Reply 6 of 8, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
starglider wrote:

[spoiler]only after looking around for hours did I realise you had to go into the building and activate a machine with a girder on it, to smash a wall open.[/spoiler]

[spoiler!] Ah yes, that little workshop! 😀 [/spoiler!]

Reply 7 of 8, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
starglider wrote:

Oooh, no not that level (although I know what you mean - that was a bugger too!). The one you'r referring to is the one where you have to get into the Cyberdyne building. The one I mean is a couple of levels on from that, where you have to find the submarine. The game tells you to go west, but when you do, all you see is some water and a tunnel entrance you can't get to.

Oh, that one!

There's another bugger IN the submarine later on. Depending on your luck, you may get through. I overcame that obstacle by mere chance! (And yes, that also has something to do with the graphics. You might also miss it as being just anoth....Nah, don't wan't to spoil it! 😁)

retro games 100 wrote:

Hehe! Yeah I remember that bit. Begin SPOILER -->> You can also whack the base of that pole with your baton (weapon 1) a couple of times to make it topple over to form the bridge, rather than use up "precious" ammo such as a grenade. <<-- End SPOILER.

Right on! Come to think of it, I don't remember if I had hit with the said baton or threw a grenade! Thanks for the tip and refreshment, though! 😀

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 8 of 8, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I just played through this game last week. I got thrown off in two parts:

Once was I think after exiting the sub, I ended up going through the sewers twice - with puzzles and bots being there both times! I think it was because I went back to the harbor through the garage after I exited the sewers on the jeep side just to see what would happen. I don't think it was worth it because of the ammo and such that was required to clear the sewer a second time 😀

[possible spoiler]The other was a jeep level where I had to shoot a building to open a tunnel. It wasn't obvious enough in my opinion.[/possible spoiler]

I also didn't get the puzzles in the last level. I know I missed a couple tunnels and a big room but they weren't necessary to complete the level/game.

Don't forget to interact with the DJ equipment in Tech-Noir for an easter egg 😜