Reply 20 of 25, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Kelly Stiver wrote:
Malik wrote:

I have bought from this seller before and had good experience

Malik, did you ever buy Dutch versions of games from this seller before? If so, was you able to get these games installed/played/completed successfully on your computer?

Not dutch but English. Fast shipping (please keep in mind that I'm further away in Asia - less than 10 days,at reasonable shipping price), good packaging and good communication. I haven't completed the game - Fable (the older dos adventure game published by sir-tech), works fine.

If you're an adventure game fan, you might like the games he's having for sale.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 21 of 25, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Kelly Stiver wrote:

I'm waiting for the seller to get back to me regarding the shipping charges.

Acht! Good sir, should you ever deal with eBay again, for goodness sake please have the good sense to work out shipping charges before you agree to buy!

Reply 22 of 25, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Jorpho wrote:
Kelly Stiver wrote:

I'm waiting for the seller to get back to me regarding the shipping charges.

Acht! Good sir, should you ever deal with eBay again, for goodness sake please have the good sense to work out shipping charges before you agree to buy!

It wasn't too bad - shipping was only $8.50. Mom thought it was $20.

Malik wrote:

Not dutch but English. Fast shipping (please keep in mind that I'm further away in Asia - less than 10 days,at reasonable shipping price), good packaging and good communication. I haven't completed the game - Fable (the older dos adventure game published by sir-tech), works fine.

I bought a game from the Netherlands before - about 18 months/2 yrs ago (Zelenhorgom [correct spelling?]) but I don't remember if it was from the same seller - I never pay any attention to the Amazon.com/ebay sellers' names, there are just too many names to keep track of. Although I always print out the order slips from Amazon/ebay, we discard these after a while. This other game (Zelenhorgom) which I bought from the Netherlands turned out to be an English version; the game's title on the jewel case was in English, and likewise, this Celtica game's title as well as all the lettering that I could see in the ebay photo you provided, Malik, is also in English - so I'm hoping that the game might be an English version after all.

Also, I'm starting to think that all the computer games are English versions but with options for different languages as English is now the universal language?

Reply 23 of 25, by gravitone

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Here in the low countries (The Netherlands for those who don't know) it wasn't very common to find a Dutch version of a game during the 80's and throughout the 90's. Especially anything by any of the major publishers has always been English only. The only dutch titles you will find are almost always developed by small european developers or local developers (Davilex anyone?). EA at one point started localizing a big chunk of their games although im not sure they still do that. Anything targetted at the younger age bracket is most likely to have been translated.

That being said, I'm strongly against localization of english material as all attempts so far have been piss poor imitations of their english counterparts. My extensive knowledge of the english language stems from the sole fact that all my games and other software back in the 80's was english only. Add to that all english tv series being subtitled instead of being dubbed like the germans do, and you end up with me in the early 90's being a self-taught english speaker with a decent vocabulary and grasp of grammar. God bless microsoft, sierra entertainment, apogee, and many others for educating me. Good night.

Reply 24 of 25, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Am now playing this Celtica game you found for me, Malik (thanks!) - it plays well under Win 98SE guest OS via VPC in my Win XP host OS netbook, and I don't mind that the words are different when I have to read stuff (such of tombstone names, diaries, etc.) in the game as I'm just going thru the motions (am using a w/t which I printed out from GameBoomers) of doing whatever this w/t tells me to do when I'm playing the game.

So far, real good!

Reply 25 of 25, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello everyone - just wanted to thank y'all for being so helpful in helping me get Celtica and for your kind assistance in helping me with all the unknowns when it came to deciding to buy it - it was a boxed copy with a manual and 2 CD's in excellent condition - and I know that I'm holding onto this one!

Plus a Big, Huge Thank you to VOGONS for getting you/we/us people together who helped me find this game for approx. $20!

Cheers!