VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello - A few yrs back I looked on Amazon.com for Celtica and there was only 1 or 2 for sale there, at $200 and up. After that I checked on ebay - but the only Celtica on ebay was a music CD.

So if anyone here has the Celtica computer game that you no longer want, could I please buy it from you some time in December?

I hope you won't charge me too much because 1) it's an old game, and 2) my family won't let me pay a lot for an old game.

Thanks.

Reply 1 of 25, by Mike 01Hawk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Might wanna post up your request on:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/forum/46-wanted/
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Dell Optiplex Gxpro: Built solely so I could re-live my SB16 days properly with newly acquired sound pieces: MT-32, SCB-55, and DB50xg 😀

Reply 2 of 25, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Kelly Stiver wrote:

I hope you won't charge me too much because 1) it's an old game, and 2) my family won't let me pay a lot for an old game.

So, basically you're asking someone to kindly give you a $200 charitable donation? If someone else is willing to pay $200 for "an old game", why should someone just hand it over to you for much less because it is an "old game" ?

If you just want to play the game I'm sure you can find an illegitimate copy without much difficulty.

Reply 3 of 25, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Jorpho wrote:

So, basically you're asking someone to kindly give you a $200 charitable donation? If someone else is willing to pay $200 for "an old game", why should someone just hand it over to you for much less because it is an "old game" ?

No, I'm not asking for a $200 donation - I'm asking that some one sell me a legit copy for around 20 bucks (or less).

Jorpho wrote:

you just want to play the game I'm sure you can find an illegitimate copy without much difficulty.

Yes, I just want to play this game in VPC under Windows 98SE - how do I find a illegitimate copy of this game, and how much would it cost me? Can I get into trouble for this? Might this illegitimate copy have malware attached to ii?

Reply 4 of 25, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's one of those cases where something's rare and a few people want it badly. There's not much you can do..... Try posting on those above forums mentioned by Mike01Hawk.

Asking about "illegitimate" sources will make the mods angry so better not go there. 😀

Reply 5 of 25, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
swaaye wrote:

It's one of those cases where something's rare and a few people want it badly. There's not much you can do..... Try posting on those above forums mentioned by Mike01Hawk.

Asking about "illegitimate" sources will make the mods angry so better not go there. 😀

Ok - I registered on that Artari forum mentioned by Mike01Hawk, and I'm waiting for the admin to approve my posting privileges there. But what about "cheapassgamer"? Doesn't it have the word "a-s-s" in the name, so it's "questionable reputation" I wonder? - I'm sort of leery about registering on cheapassgames?

EDIT - Just got back from posting up my request for this game in the wanted section at ArtariAge.com. Many thanks for your kind help, Mike01Hawk and Swaaye.

Reply 6 of 25, by DOS_Boy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

cheap-a-s-s-gamer.com is going to kick your computer's a-s-s. don't go there!

"But listen to me brother, you just keep on walking, 'cause you and me and sister ain't got nothing to hide..." - Scatman John

Reply 7 of 25, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Kelly Stiver wrote:
Jorpho wrote:

No, I'm not asking for a $200 donation - I'm asking that some one sell me a legit copy for around 20 bucks (or less).

Oh, come on! I'd like someone to sell me a $200 22" flatscreen monitor for 20 bucks or less - but that's not going to happen! And that's what you're asking! If people are buying the game for $200 (and my understanding is that is indeed the case), then that's what the game is worth!

I would have added a swear word or two in there to bring my point across more effectively, but I wouldn't want to offend your delicate sensibilities.

Reply 8 of 25, by DOS_Boy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This would be a nice topic for Milliways: Things you can buy for 20 bucks. 😁

"But listen to me brother, you just keep on walking, 'cause you and me and sister ain't got nothing to hide..." - Scatman John

Reply 9 of 25, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah if you want some thing retro on ebay cheap you best pray someone lists it wrong. I just picked up Diablo Hellfire for a dollar, so that would be like you picking up your game for around $10. 😉

Reply 11 of 25, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Is this what you're looking for?

bb97_35.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem … _fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

It's still active as of today (October 24th, 2009) and selling for 15 Euros.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 12 of 25, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jorpho wrote:

Actually for some reason Hellfire isn't nearly as expensive as it used to be. Or so I thought.

I've noticed that too but I still wasn't going to about to give 10-20 bucks for it. Really isn't all that good of a game any way right? All I'm getting is the jewel case and art with the CD, I really wanted with the box complete to add to my Blizzard collection. 😀

blizzardcollection.jpg

Since we are requesting rare high priced games here for cheap, some one wanna sell me The Neverhood for cheap? 😁

Reply 13 of 25, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bushwack wrote:

Since we are requesting rare high priced games here for cheap, some one wanna sell me The Neverhood for cheap? 😁

Nope, but I do have the Lawnmower Man with it's original packaging 😉

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 14 of 25, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Malik wrote:
Is this what you're looking for? […]
Show full quote

Is this what you're looking for?

bb97_35.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem … _fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

It's still active as of today (October 24th, 2009) and selling for 15 Euros.

Yep - I'm contacting the seller immediately. Thanks.

If this game is really that rare and hard to find, I might buy it, depending on what the seller says regarding the questions I asked about the game.

The Celtica game on Amazon.com looks like this (link) http://www.amazon.com/Celtica-Pc/dp/B0007SN0S … 56420537&sr=1-1

Could this be the same game? Why the jewel case difference between the two?

Reply 15 of 25, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So this game is a Myst clone? Wonder if I'm going to take a bashing for that hehe.
I didn't care for Myst when it was all the rage, seemed so sterile and lifeless.

Trying to find some info on this game I found were you posted in another forum for it. Good luck on finding your game.

Reply 16 of 25, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well, guys, I just bought that Celtica that Malik found for me about a half hour or so ago today (thanks, Malik!), and I'm waiting for the seller to get back to me regarding the shipping charges.

bushwack wrote:

So this game is a Myst clone? Wonder if I'm going to take a bashing for that

Yes, this game is a Myst clone - last night I found this out by checking its review on JustAdventure.com. And no, no one is going to bash you for this, Bushwack. 😀

EDIt - The seller got back to me - says the game is a Dutch version and there is no option to turn it into English.

Reply 17 of 25, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Kelly Stiver wrote:

EDIt - The seller got back to me - says the game is a Dutch version and there is no option to turn it into English.

I'm sorry. I didn't read the complete description. I was browsing through the games when I just saw the picture and remembered about the need here and immediately linked that page.

I have bought from this seller before and had good experience and good communication with him. You might try contacting the seller to cancel the order. He might oblige.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 18 of 25, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I went ahead and told the seller that I really wanted the game - I have access to a walkthrough for the game (link) http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcCc/Celtica.htm

where I can substitute the small print (that's the stuff/clues that I'll have to read) in this w/t for any clues/words that appear in Dutch during gameplay and thus be able to finish the game - and as for the diary appearing in Dutch - I'll just flip thru the pages and "pretend" to read this, since I do this in all the English version games I play anyway.

Cheers!

Reply 19 of 25, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Malik wrote:

I have bought from this seller before and had good experience

Malik, did you ever buy Dutch versions of games from this seller before? If so, was you able to get these games installed/played/completed successfully on your computer?