VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all,

I'm thinking about selling a fully modified Snes console but i'm not too sure on the price? I know good condition Snes console's fetch a fair amount on ebay through bidding.

It's a UK PAL snes (Street Fighter 2 bundle version) with a full switchless mod installed! The switchless mod allows the user to enable/disable the CIC region lockout chip and select 50/60HZ screen modes.... The power led also changes colour depending on the settings selected. The cartridge slot has also been widened to allow the larger US carts to be used.

The console modification was performed by Console Passion UK, here is a quick video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KrcwDyzdio

This console will be sold with 14 games (carts only):

Shadowrun
Wing Commander - The Secret Missions
Micro Machines
Street Fighter 2
Krusty's Super Fun House
Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts
Home Alone 2
Alien 3
Shaq-Fu
Wing Commander (German version)
Super Battletank
King of the Monsters (US NTSC)
Rival Turf (US NTSC)
The Simpsons: Bart's Nightmare (US NTSC)

Some of the cartridges have slightly discoloured on the back due to age. The console comes with original box and manuals (box is a bit tatty but in one piece) and 2 official controllers. It is all in excellent condition and perfect working order!

Can anyone suggest a sensible price for this lot so i know what to aim for?

Cheers 😎

Reply 1 of 4, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I don't know if it is much help, but last year I got a snes with region+hz switches + led behind logo for 35eur from eBay...

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 2 of 4, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
keropi wrote:

I don't know if it is much help, but last year I got a snes with region+hz switches + led behind logo for 35eur from eBay...

Thanks keropi! was that just for the console or did it come with games? I'm planning on selling mine as a bundle! If i put it on ebay then it will have a starting bid of just 99p... but if i decide to sell it on Amibay then i will need a suitable price 😀

Reply 3 of 4, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

no, it was just a console, no games whatsoever...
I have seen the video, this is a sweet hack there 😀

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 4 of 4, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
keropi wrote:

no, it was just a console, no games whatsoever...
I have seen the video, this is a sweet hack there 😀

It is simply the best hack/mod available for the Snes 😀 the swithcless mod board is controlled using the reset button for 50/60hz and region modes... pair that with a widened slot and it's a fully universal Snes 😎

Here are a few pics of the bundle:

Attachments

• 100_0978.JPG
    Filename
    100_0978.JPG
    File size
    109.21 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    A few random games (i'm keeping the best for my original launch Snes!)
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • 100_0981.JPG
    Filename
    100_0981.JPG
    File size
    103.21 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    A big fat ugly US Snes cart in a beautiful UK PAL Snes... She's no longer a virgin lol!
    File license
  • 100_0975.JPG
    Filename
    100_0975.JPG
    File size
    129.61 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    The system and original Street Fighter 2 box in all it's glory
    File license