VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Darnn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Do any of you folks remember a PC game, from around 1992 to 1995, that was kinda like Sim City in that the perspective was isometric and you built stuff (houses, parks with benches and bushes and things, as I recall), but when you 'ran' this environment you built you could click on things and they'd have some kind of humorous animation?
Like, if there's a bench, some guy might pop up from behind it and do something. Or you click some innocent-looking plant and it turns out to be some complex mechanical contraption. Or maybe if it was one of those bird-of-paradise-like plants, you'd click it and the animation would reveal it to be an actual bird that's just standing still.
Also, I remember everything being up close, no zoomed-out view like in actual Sim City 2000, but that could've been just the way I was playing it.
Most likely had a mouse, and was probably in VGA, though it might have been EGA too. Either DOS or Windows.

Going over everything that's in isometric perspective on Mobygames, the only thing I found so far that might be it is Simtown. It is indeed a lot like Sim City, for obvious reasons, isometric, has lots of detail if you zoom in, is humorous and is for kids. But of all the screenshots and videos I've seen, it doesn't look like you can click on items to animate them.

So, any ideas?