VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The Announcement

The Official Website - Screenshots, Concept Art, Animations, and feature list!

More Screenshots at Joystiq - More amazing screenshots along with hi-res scans of the title and the remade cover artwork!

Well, it's a rotten day for King's Quest fans, but adventure game fans as a whole are getting a pretty big pick me up! This is the most fantastic thing to ever happen in 2010 since the finale of Tales! It's so much more well done than the already fantastic SMI:SE! Smooth animations! Hand-painted backgrounds! Speech available in both remade AND classic modes! Alternate optional secondary control interface for moving Guybrush! All-star Monkey Island cast returns (of course)! In-game commentary by the game developers! And more! It's a dream come true!!!

This is truly EPIC for the adventure community and gaming as a whole! This is seriously one awesome looking game. I can't see myself even switching to classic mode at all this time around like I do for SMI:SE! I was worried about them carrying over the same mood and atmosphere from the original screens but honestly these new screens truly SURPASS the originals in every aspect! I almost can't even look at the originals anymore!

It's set to be released summer 2010 for PC, Mac, PSN, iPhone, and XBLA. (Also SMI:SE is getting released on PSN and Mac as well)

I am seriously so excited right now I don't know if I can wait until summer....I don't even know if I can sleep tonight!

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 4 of 33, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'd pay $50 straight up for this. The $10 they'll probably be asking for is nothing for this level of quality!

My Github

Reply 5 of 33, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have seen the gallery section of this version.

As one of the avid fans of the Monkey Island Series, this game has my Official Stamp of Approval! 😁

I was skeptical at first (after seeing the Special Edition of the first game, where I didn't really like the artwork, especially for Guybrush - I mean, just look at his hairstyle (punk-style?)! - but then, maybe it's just a matter of preference).

But this game follows very closely to the artwork style of the original dos version of MI2. And this is also put up by the very own Lucasarts.

I have always wanted "someone" to make a remake of Monkey Island 2, but never thought it'll be from "Lucasarts" itself (or at least officially endorsed by it)!

It's a good year for adventure gaming.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 6 of 33, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I hope they will keep the iMuse way of adjusting audio (variations on a theme for different areas or at different times) in the game.

They are going to implement voice acting when you have set your screen to use the classic graphics. I wished they did this for SoMI SE when using the classic graphics (or updated it.) I hope they use MT-32 recordings in classic mode.

While the classic graphics in the original SoMI SE was a nice touch, I did not appreciate that they forced aspect ratio correction on the player. I would rather have the pixels non-square but all the same size than ugly interpolation.

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/ - Nerdly Pleasures - My Retro Gaming, Computing & Tech Blog

Reply 8 of 33, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

And Maniac Mansion.

My Github

Reply 10 of 33, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Still doesn't have speech. 😜

My Github

Reply 11 of 33, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
MusicallyInspired wrote:

Take a closer look. Click the "Features" button on the official site. 3rd item on the list: "Complete voice over using the original Monkey Island franchise cast brings the story and characters of the original adventures to life like never before"

Last item: "Character voiceover available in both Special Edition and Classic modes"

My site: Ramblings on mostly tech stuff.

Reply 13 of 33, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've already got Monkey Island SE along with the entire Tales of Monkey Island that was released as well.

I'm hoping they do a remake of Full Throttle too 😁

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 14 of 33, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kippesoep wrote:
MusicallyInspired wrote:

Take a closer look. Click the "Features" button on the official site. 3rd item on the list: "Complete voice over using the original Monkey Island franchise cast brings the story and characters of the original adventures to life like never before"

Last item: "Character voiceover available in both Special Edition and Classic modes"

No no, I was talking about Maniac Mansion Deluxe, which doesn't have speech. Which means it's another candidate along with Indy 3 and Zak McKracken that needs to be speech-ified.

I'm the one who started this thread I know that MI2:SE has speech!

My Github

Reply 16 of 33, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

No. Indy 3 FM Towns doesn't either. Actually, I don't think any of the FM Towns versions has speech (even Atlantis).

My Github

Reply 18 of 33, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Monkey Island 2 Special Edition is available for pre-purchase now on Steam for only $9.99. If you pre-purchase before the launch date (July 7th) you get MI1:SE as well for free! If you already own MI1:SE on Steam you have the ability to gift it to somebody else.

My Github

Reply 19 of 33, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
MusicallyInspired wrote:

Monkey Island 2 Special Edition is available for pre-purchase now on Steam for only $9.99. If you pre-purchase before the launch date (July 7th) you get MI1:SE as well for free! If you already own MI1:SE on Steam you have the ability to gift it to somebody else.

Nice, I will most likely do this and gift MI1: SE to my father....

Tales of Monkey Island was fun to play too 😉

No matter where you go, there you are...