l33t

I cant seem to equip anything especially the asylum key
help..

Reply 1 of 9, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Huh? Played through the game quite recently, no control troubles at all (once i had my controller setup). You're aware that you can equip two items (left and right hand) and use them with their respective fire buttons? You also have to align your character pretty accurately in front of objects facing them for actions (like using keys) to work.

Great game btw. . It has its share of problems and quirky design decisions, but it's very addictive. I couldn't stop playing even though i was annoyed with a few things. The Shadow Gun sound effect has to be the most annoying sound i've ever heard in a game.

Reply 3 of 9, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ive just tried it with a controller and still no luck
i cheated to give myself all items and i can select all the real world weapons and the torch, but cannot select any of the magical weapons not even the shadow gun allthough i can use the shadow gun because it gets selected by default if no other weapon is selected

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 4 of 9, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sound like you should take a look at the manual or a walkthrough. To me it sounds as if the game is doing what it's supposed to. Some game mechanics are a bit difficult to grasp at first, like for example certain weapons only working in either the real or the shadow world.

Reply 6 of 9, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Reading this thread
Running Shadow Man on Windows XP

I found this "Edit: That patch prevents the U.S. version from using certain items and it only prolongs the inevitable lockup"

So i uninstalled the game and reinstalled it withought the crashfix patch and the game just crashed so re-applied the patch and tried a nocd and it now works...

I am now officially a happy bunny

Reply 8 of 9, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ah, the patches. I had nothing but trouble with all patches i've tried. In the end i've settled with the original exe and a mounted image, and the game worked perfectly well. i guess one could remove/exchange the shadowgun sounds by tinkering with the game data files, everything's in flat files in the game's install dir. The game wouldn't be the same without the annoying sound effect though (; .

The problems with nocd patches were sublime but annoying after a while. IIRC, i couldn't kill dogs, blood was the wrong colour or missing alltogether (i didn't notice this until the last boss fight where you need the visual feedback to see if you've hit the bad guy or not), and some animations were missing from the title/intro screen.

Reply 9 of 9, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I could possibly go back to the original exe (post patch - the prepatch exe doesnt run) for the final level (ive saved it) as long as I only have to equip the shadowgun

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness