New Webshow: Ancient DOS Games

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 44, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
retro games 100 wrote:

Spurred on by the O.P.'s review of "Descent" on his "Ancient DOS Games" website, I have completed the shareware version on the Insane setting using keyboard only, and with no loss of ships.

You have way too much time on your hands. :P

Actually, even back when I was playing Descent 3 online I've noted that people can get extremely good at the Descent games. As good a gamer as I am (as seen by my recent romp through System Shock at maximum difficulty) and as much as I like the Descent games, I will admit I'm not the greatest at them for whatever reason. *shrugs*

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 41 of 44, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Gemini000 wrote:
retro games 100 wrote:

Spurred on by the O.P.'s review of "Descent" on his "Ancient DOS Games" website, I have completed the shareware version on the Insane setting using keyboard only, and with no loss of ships.

You have way too much time on your hands. 😜

Correct. 🤣

Reply 42 of 44, by rfnagel

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

(re: Tyrian)

I've been attempting to sort through my (literally) hundreds of PC CD-ROMS, and had them stacked all over the floor. On the top of one of the piles was my old Tyrian CD-ROM, and I just know realized this little bit of useless trivia:

The Tyrian logo on the CD looks almost *EXACTLY* the same upside down 🤣!

Rich ¥Weeds¥ Nagel
http://www.richnagel.net

Reply 43 of 44, by ripa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Fine show!

I watched the Dark Forces episode a while ago and didn't get the live action joke. However, now I just randomly watched an episode of AVGN and came across the explanation 😜

Reply 44 of 44, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ripa wrote:

Fine show!

I watched the Dark Forces episode a while ago and didn't get the live action joke. However, now I just randomly watched an episode of AVGN and came across the explanation :P

Yup. When James' September episode of AVGN came out, I decided that even though a thousand and fourteen people would probably parody that particular moment, I could do so without making a direct AVGN reference, making the moment all the more mystifying and all the more hilarious for anyone who got it. ;D

James Rolfe's one of my favourite web talents, along with Doug Walker (aka The Nostalgia Critic & That Guy With The Glasses), Lewis Lovhaug (aka Linkara, host of Atop The Fourth Wall), Jason Pullara (aka LordKaT, host of Until We Win), Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw (host of Zero Punctuation), Dr. Stuart Ashen, Tweeterman287 (who's real name escapes me at the moment), and Mark Bussler (host of Classic Game Room).

I expect I'll do more tributes to these people as I continue making ADG. :)

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg