VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 28, by Salient

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
digitaldoofus wrote:

AND THE WINNNER ISS.... Malik! He guessed correctly that my "sealed in box" new Sound Blaster would be a SB Version 2.0 !

I'm pretty happy it's a 2.0, because I'm going to actually *use* it, and supposedly the sound of the version 2.0 benefits from auto-init DMA. 😀

Thats funny, I would've never suspected an sb 2.0 in an old-style box.
The windows logo must have given it away indeed but it would've missed _my_ attention because I would be looking at the box itself in some kind of trance 😀

MIDI comparison website: << Wavetable.nl >>
(Always) looking for: Any Wavetable daughterboard, MIDI Module (GM/GS/XG)

Reply 22 of 28, by digitaldoofus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

CT1350B is the number silkscreened on the card -- but the attached "sticker" on the back says model number CT1350A.

kinda funny, huh? I guess they had some leftover "CT1350A stickers" they wanted to use up. 🤣

Once you try retrogaming, you'll never go back...

Reply 24 of 28, by Anonymous Freak

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Can you take this file: http://home.arcor.de/h-a-l-9000/test/SBTEST2.zip (It checks DSP version number and some more things) […]
Show full quote

Can you take this file:
http://home.arcor.de/h-a-l-9000/test/SBTEST2.zip
(It checks DSP version number and some more things)

would be great if you used it with both your cards: gameblaster and sb this way:
sbtest2>gb.txt
sbtest2>sb.txt
so that it will save the results into .txt files

Here you go, the one for the "Killer Card", AKA Sound Blaster. DSP version 1.03. I'll do the CMS next.

Attachments

• Filename
    SBTEST.TXT
    File size
    3.94 KiB
    Downloads
    100 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 27 of 28, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
nights wrote:

Excuse me... but what is the sense of spending 41$ worth of money on a SEALED, ORIGINAL SB 2.0... when you can find AWE 64s in the trash bins?

Probably because early Sound Blasters don't need CTCM or DWCFGMG to run in DOS. Probably because it has better FM sound than AWE64. Whatever it is, I believe digitaldoofus has good reason.

nights wrote:

and what difference it makes if it's sealed or not yuck

It's called "collecting", Watson.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 28 of 28, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Heh, just saw this thread now.

Anonymous Freak wrote:

And, just after posting, I see the link in Malik's sig, which appears to have exactly what I need. Thanks, Malik!

Glad the files helped! 😀

digitaldoofus wrote:

AND THE WINNNER ISS.... Malik! He guessed correctly that my "sealed in box" new Sound Blaster would be a SB Version 2.0 !

I'm pretty happy it's a 2.0, because I'm going to actually *use* it, and supposedly the sound of the version 2.0 benefits from auto-init DMA.

Yay! 😁 (It was a lucky guess, I guess. 😀)

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers