VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by digitaldoofus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just wondering if some of you VOGON'ers can name any game titles for the Apple II that were BETTER (in gameplay or otherwise) compared to the IBM PC/Commodore versions of the same game?...Or alternatively, do you know of an OUTSTANDING Apple II game title that did not have a IBM/Commodore equivalent at all?

[As some of you might guess, this topic is sort of a round-about way of discussing whether the Apple II series of computers were/are worthwhile to keep around as a retro gaming machine]

Last edited by digitaldoofus on 2010-06-22, 17:07. Edited 3 times in total.

Once you try retrogaming, you'll never go back...

Reply 1 of 5, by peterferrie

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Deathlord. Ultima-style RPG with a Japanese theme. Apple II/C64 only.
Captain Goodnight... maybe. You either love it or hate it. Apple II only
Randamn, Black Magic, Short Circuit. Apple II only.
Tracer Sanction. Not on the Atari or Amiga.

Reply 2 of 5, by digitaldoofus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks for the game recommendations!

After reading your post, I researched the Captain Goodnight title a bit -- it actually looks like a fun game, so I'm going to try to locate it and give it a play on my IIe. 😀

Reply 4 of 5, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

digitaldoofus: some people sees the Bards Tale series as absolutely great on the APPLE II , but it must be because they are fans of the series on 8bit computers, cause there are "better" versions on Amiga and so forth. but you can always check out the bards tale brotherhood via google, they are extremely helpful with hints and what not to that particular game.

Reply 5 of 5, by digitaldoofus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sounds cool -- I have never played the Bard's Tale all the way through and maybe now is a good time to brave it through...so since I don't own the Amiga version, maybe the Apple version will be the "first time" for me. 😀