VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Space Quest 1, 2, and 3 are now released on Good Old Games. It should be noted that in this release they include the AGI version of Space Quest 1 rather than the remake!

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 1 of 7, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Awesome. I missed out on most of the SQ games growing up, save for the very first one which I still own and which still works despite its age. I'll have to keep in mind that it'll be easy to get ahold of the first three now. ;)

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 2 of 7, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The last three are also there for the same price which was released some months ago. Now the whole collection is up.

My Github

Reply 3 of 7, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well, I kinda lost interest once the games strayed away from the "type in what you want to do" format. For some reason, I really liked being able to type in what I wanted to do, yet still be able to graphically walk around and see what happens.

I remember being seven years old and playing the first King's Quest game and fiddling with how to treat the people who were hungry. Giving them the carrot instead of the bowl, giving them the bowl filled with stew, or giving them the bowl empty and shouting that magic word right before their eyes...

...I never tried to give them the cheese. I am so attempting that the next time I play KQ1!

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 4 of 7, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, the first three are all parser games so no loss there 😀. Though 4 and 5 are also very good.

My Github

Reply 5 of 7, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Good Old Games is great. I'd be more excited however if I didn't already own most of the games they release.

laxDRAGON.com | My Game Collection | My Computers | YouTube

Reply 6 of 7, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Eh, I purchased the Space Quest collection for dirt cheap on Steam quite some time ago. (And still haven't gotten around to playing it, of course.)

But did you know ScummVM is finally getting SCI support going? Proper SCI support anywhere seemed like one of those things that would never happen.