Rank

Sierra's SCI games testing in ScummVM.
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=9091

Reply 1 of 4, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I nearly completed Space Quest 1 VGA on a Jul 24 build (51244), then I forgot about the copy protection thing with the database from the beginning (doh!)

I've only encountered a speed and palette problem involving the sand worms in the first screens of Kerona. The first bug being that after the worm introduces itself, the player's speed turns into INSTANTTRANSMISSION until the spider droid arrives.

The acid drip obstacle course is broken and "IM MELLLLLLTING!!!" is cut. Yes, I even test the deaths.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 2 of 4, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote:

Yes, I even test the deaths.

As well you should... The insane ways to die were part of the Space Quest charm 😁

My site: Ramblings on mostly tech stuff.

Reply 3 of 4, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A very integral part. Space Quest made dying fun.

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 4 of 4, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
leileilol wrote:

I nearly completed Space Quest 1 VGA on a Jul 24 build (51244), then I forgot about the copy protection thing with the database from the beginning (doh!)

I've only encountered a speed and palette problem involving the sand worms in the first screens of Kerona. The first bug being that after the worm introduces itself, the player's speed turns into INSTANTTRANSMISSION until the spider droid arrives.

The acid drip obstacle course is broken and "IM MELLLLLLTING!!!" is cut. Yes, I even test the deaths.

All but the IM MELTING! bug is fixed.

On slower computers like P2/P3, the games work fine except for the screen scrolling being too smooth, slowing things down. Most SCI games didn't have such smooth scrolling anyway, maybe jump some pixels!?

apsosig.png
long live PCem